• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas Rangers vs Kansas City Royals 9/20-9/22

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mclemore getting close to being on my can't stand list.

I like Mac a lot but I've always thought he has a big bag of nothing in the studio. I think he does better when he's naturally talking baseball with TAG and Buzz during the 5th inning when he goes into the booth. But in studio Mac adds nothing.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Peasley ‏@PeasESPN 2m
Wash on Feliz: "Scheppers was down and we had been using Soria in Tampa and saving him for later. Feliz fresh, just didn't throw strikes"

It's September. Everything is on deck Wash. If guys are overused they can rest in about a week or so.

And if Mike Peasley or whichever reporter it was who asked that question had any balls, he would have had the follow-up ready with "and why was Scheppers unavailable again? Remind us why he pitched last night".

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right, lainey. Lot of FAs leaving this team anyway at season's end. Let the dust settle. We are going to need an outfielder(s), catcher and DH. Wash outcome has to be decided first before anything.

Last edited by a moderator:

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Mac a lot but I've always thought he has a big bag of nothing in the studio. I think he does better when he's naturally talking baseball with TAG and Buzz during the 5th inning when he goes into the booth. But in studio Mac adds nothing.

So Mac just said he doesn't know who he'd pitch in the 1 game playoff if it was between Holland and Darvish. Unbelievable....

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I'll add that Gentry is a nice 4th OF platoon guy but I won't be devastated to lose him. Martin has a lot of upside and has a friendly contract so he'll be here but for the right deal if he needs to be dealt then I am all good with that.
I think everybody should be on the table except Darvish and Perez. Of course it would have to be an incredible deal to move Adrian, AE, Martin, Harrison or some of our relievers (Cotts, Feliz)...

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right, lainey. Lot of FAs leaving this team anyway at season's end. Let the dust settle. We are going to need an outfielder(s), catcher and DH. Wash outcome has to be decided first before anything.

I'm probably wrong, (I hope I'm not)
but I think he's gone.

Holy Cow, another season, can you imagine?

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think everybody should be on the table except Darvish and Perez. Of course it would have to be an incredible deal to move Adrian, AE, Martin, Harrison or some of our relievers (Cotts, Feliz)...

Nearly everyone will be on the table with a lot of needs, all depends on the deal

I have to agree, Yu is off and probably Perez...other than that...who knows

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nelly DH
Beltran OF
McCann C

Beltran is after we talk to Miami again, and again, and again.
You still need a 1b - I like Mitch! but he is just not getting it done. We need more horsepower out that position offensively. Sign the Cuban kid Abreu?.

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time to take it to the fake kings of the AL Central. This is a must have series. Texas still has a shot to win 90 and save some face heading into a possible one game WC berth. If I haven't given up on them yet, I never will! Go Texas!

And time to really understand why the A's are rolling the division...1 up.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You still need a 1b - I like Mitch! but he is just not getting it done. We need more horsepower out that position offensively. Sign the Cuban kid Abreu?.

Mitch was hitting over .270 w/ power before he got hurt. He was also hitting lefties. Wash has completely screwed him up by taking him out every other day. He's not the only one either. I heard we're very interested in Abreu, but can he step in immediately?

Last edited by a moderator:

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mitch was hitting over .270 w/ power before he got hurt. He was also hitting lefties. Wash has completely screwed him up by taking him out every other day. He's not the only one either. I heard we're very interested in Abreu, but can he step in immediately?
I had heard he may need some AAA experience for part of a season. I also read where his defense is so- so. But he is a big bat...

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had heard he may need some AAA experience for part of a season. I also read where his defense is so- so. But he is a big bat...

60+ million is a lot for someone that MAY need some experience in the minors. I would rather upgrade in the OF and C. I don't want to give up on another 1st baseman too early.