• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas Rangers vs Kansas City Royals 9/20-9/22

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, guess who could have pitched in the 8th inning if they had not pitched in the 8th the night before with the Rangers ahead 7-2. Yes, I am going to beat this dead horse into the ground. Now we may have never scored another run but still you got to put your best foot forward. And please put Gentry's speed on defense and offense out there.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
out of the playoffs as of now. TB and Cleveland in the 2 WC positions

well it's not anybody's fault but Murphy's and Washington's from reading this board the last two months.
Certainly not our 3rd baseman anyways.....he carried us to September

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well it's not anybody's fault but Murphy's and Washington's from reading this board the last two months.
Certainly not our 3rd baseman anyways.....he carried us to September

exactly, excuse the rest of the team, it is all on them. this team as a team has laid down and died and it can not be laid on one player or even the manager.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to have to have better offense and I'm not sure we have much of a shot of that vs Shields, he usually holds us down pretty good but so do most pitchers these days aside from matt Moore the other night

we really don't have much of an offense. this is the worst offensive Rangers team I've ever seen and I've been watching since the 70's

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Peasley ‏@PeasESPN 2m
Wash on Feliz: "Scheppers was down and we had been using Soria in Tampa and saving him for later. Feliz fresh, just didn't throw strikes"

It's September. Everything is on deck Wash. If guys are overused they can rest in about a week or so.

In fairness, there were several guys on here wanting to fire Wash because he DIDN'T bring in Feliz a couple of nights ago. Now as then, it's on the players

whittler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Execution, Execution,Execution...........I'am all for it ...........on the Field .......or........ the Manager's Office...........or................ in the FO.................

This ship has sailed, ...... and taking water.................S.O.S......................Titanic

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just saying, some players are above criticisms with many here
To me, this is a group effort, and I see it much more than just Washington's line-ups.

Tacobenboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm of the opinion that the Ranger offense would be much better if they would consistently see more 2-1, 3-1, and 3-2 pitches. Bottom line is that they free swing themselves into bad counts or worse yet early outs too often. I said it last night, patience and plate discipline doesn't necessarily translate into a bunch of walks, but it will translate into much better pitches to hit and when you get better pitches to hit, your offense will improve. There's 100+ years of baseball stats that back up the fact that batting averages are better in 3-1 counts than 0-2 or 1-2. Insisting that our hitters have a more disciplined approach falls to Magadan and Wash period.

Right as Santana was getting a bit wild last night, balls going to the backstop etc... We have back to back innings where Rangers hitters saw 7 and 5, was it, pitches the entire freaking inning. Unacceptable approach period and that's why the A's own the west.

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just saying, some players are above criticisms with many here
To me, this is a group effort, and I see it much more than just Washington's line-ups.

Lineups, as in plural, is the key word. It's not like several different combinations haven't been tried. They just haven't gotten the job done and therein lies the season. When they hit they win and when they don't it doesn't make much difference who pitches or who the skipper is.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm of the opinion that the Ranger offense would be much better if they would consistently see more 2-1, 3-1, and 3-2 pitches. Bottom line is that they free swing themselves into bad counts or worse yet early outs too often. I said it last night, patience and plate discipline doesn't necessarily translate into a bunch of walks, but it will translate into much better pitches to hit and when you get better pitches to hit, your offense will improve. There's 100+ years of baseball stats that back up the fact that batting averages are better in 3-1 counts than 0-2 or 1-2. Insisting that our hitters have a more disciplined approach falls to Magadan and Wash period.

Right as Santana was getting a bit wild last night, balls going to the backstop etc... We have back to back innings where Rangers hitters saw 7 and 5, was it, pitches the entire freaking inning. Unacceptable approach period and that's why the A's own the west.
May have the right pitching coach for the wrong team. And manager. Maybe this offseason JD should look for the FAs with the right hitting approach instead of 'trying' to train the ones we already have, and looks pretty much set in their ways.

Maybe that's how Oakland went about it. Got only the hitters that are used to be patient or are easily acceptable to that way.

Tacobenboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
May have the right pitching coach for the wrong team. And manager. Maybe this offseason JD should look for the FAs with the right hitting approach instead of 'trying' to train the ones we already have, and looks pretty much set in their ways.

Maybe that's how Oakland went about it. Got only the hitters that are used to be patient or are easily acceptable to that way.

I see where you are coming from but I think Wash is way too much of a "players manager" and has this mantra that he doesn't want to interfere with his players. What that team needed last night in the sixth and seventh was a manager to take a little walk up and down the bench telling those guys to take a freaking pitch or two. If they ignore him, then there's the good ol' take sign from Pettis, ignore that and it's the pine.

Had a pitcher getting late into the game and getting a bit wild and we provided him with six outs in 12 pitches. They've been patient before, he'll they were patient the other night against Tampa so they can do it. They just need someone to insist, in certain game situations, that they take that approach. That would be Wash and Magadan period.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably can only offered to lose 1 or 2 games now. We gotta buckle up!!!

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably need to go 7-2

and rightfully so after what's been on display in September. Collapse is a good word, like last year.

to the point of taking pitches, while I agree I thought it interesting with runners 1st and 3rd, kinsler is down 0-2 and after 2-2, Martin steals second and kinsler gets a walk only to have Elis sit 0-2 with the bases loaded. Seems to be a lot a guess the pitch and being fooled

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lineups, as in plural, is the key word. It's not like several different combinations haven't been tried. They just haven't gotten the job done and therein lies the season. When they hit they win and when they don't it doesn't make much difference who pitches or who the skipper is.

agree to a point....playoff baseball should be a whole lotta 3-2 type games and pressure situational hitting is nowhere to be found on this team...no matter who Washington runs out there. These guys all have a huge lump in their throat. Sorry to the masses but I'm looking right at our third baseman and a few others.

I'm all for enjoying the game but I'm getting a little tired of the good times and fun time smiles from elvis, beltre and martin when the season is going down the tubes.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see where you are coming from but I think Wash is way too much of a "players manager" and has this mantra that he doesn't want to interfere with his players. What that team needed last night in the sixth and seventh was a manager to take a little walk up and down the bench telling those guys to take a freaking pitch or two. If they ignore him, then there's the good ol' take sign from Pettis, ignore that and it's the pine.

Had a pitcher getting late into the game and getting a bit wild and we provided him with six outs in 12 pitches. They've been patient before, he'll they were patient the other night against Tampa so they can do it. They just need someone to insist, in certain game situations, that they take that approach. That would be Wash and Magadan period.
Just don't see that in Wash. I guess he wants the players to figure it out for themselves, but that, as you have seen, doesn't work. The camera never seems to catch him patrolling the dugout. Or Magaden. A fine for not working the count wouldn't be a bad idea. But don't see it happening.

Well, last night was a perfect example of Wash's work, or lack thereof. If JD needed an example. Game on the line and we were hacking away. At any time a manager was needed to manufacture a run, it was there.

9 games and counting. Sure TB will be worn out after last night's game. And Houston will luck out and win one against Cleveland. But us . . .