• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Spurs vs Heat NBA FINALS Thread

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry to call bullshit on these Heat players, but you gave the effort. You just got your asses kicked. Man up and get ready for game 4. Practice your jump shots a little more. That's why you lost.

it's called "making excuses". bad sign for a championship calibre team imo...

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry to call bullshit on these Heat players, but you gave the effort. You just got your asses kicked. Man up and get ready for game 4. Practice your jump shots a little more. That's why you lost.

You know, I read that and was thinking.....

that's the last thing I would be saying. "I am a rich pampered spoilt athlete that can't even be counted on to give maximum effort during the NBA Finals!"

Even if it were true, I damn well wouldn't be admitting it.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
course to be fair, i doubt if LeClown and company are going to say "we put out our best effort and got our asses spanked", either. guess you just take the comments for what they're worth...

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, that seems to be the excuse/throw away line used when these things happen. It takes credit from the opponent and is basically an attempt to say "We're still in control, we just need to try harder"!!

Unfortunately, alot of fans buy into this nonsense. It's like some of the Heat fans saying Lebron "just needs to be more aggressive and drive to the basket" as if it's that simple and the Spurs gameplan isn't designed to keep him from driving to the basket.

The Heat need to look at the tape of that game, look at what the Spurs did and make actual adjustments in their gameplan and how they attack the Spurs defense. If they think that "just trying harder" will fix the problem, the series won't be going back to Miami.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't recall the Spurs going with the lack of effort excuse following the game 2 blowout.

RedRum

You Cant Handle the Truth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's called "making excuses". bad sign for a championship calibre team imo...

1370609530-lebron-spurs.png

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe its because Lebron was picking his nose too much like Trojan's avi depicts!

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something to think about:

We hear how Miami has not lost back-to-back since whenever.

San Antonio does not have to win back-to-back to win this series. San Antonio can trade wins with Miami and be the first one to four wins.

Miami, at some point, is the team that has to find back-to-back wins.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

San Antonio does not have to win back-to-back to win this series. San Antonio can trade wins with Miami and be the first one to four wins.

Was thinking the same thing!! Also, didn't I read that the Spurs have never lost back to back in any of their finals appearances?

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that seems to be the excuse/throw away line used when these things happen. It takes credit from the opponent and is basically an attempt to say "We're still in control, we just need to try harder"!!

Unfortunately, alot of fans buy into this nonsense. It's like some of the Heat fans saying Lebron "just needs to be more aggressive and drive to the basket" as if it's that simple and the Spurs gameplan isn't designed to keep him from driving to the basket.

The Heat need to look at the tape of that game, look at what the Spurs did and make actual adjustments in their gameplan and how they attack the Spurs defense. If they think that "just trying harder" will fix the problem, the series won't be going back to Miami.

:agree:

Lebron is a great player, but I had to laugh as well when I saw some Heat fans saying that all Lebron needs to do is go to the hole and forget about those open teammates. As I said, if it was that easy, he would have been doing it.

Unless the Heat start making the Spurs pay for leaving them open on the perimeter, things will continue to be difficult for Lebron. Whether Lebron wants to post-up or drive to the hole, the Spurs defense will keep collapsing on him. Those perimeter shots have to start going down to help open things up for up Lebron.

We'll see what adjustments Spo makes. The chess match continues.....

SportsChic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hate when the sports media brings up THIS HAS NEVER HAPPEN from the past.

Spurs in 6 as they will do like the Mavericks and party the win in Miami.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:agree:that being said, as one of the more annoying posters has already put out there, the Heat now have to beat the Spurs 3 out of 4. possible? yes. LIKELY? i have my doubts...

like i said earlier, i think the Spurs go all out and try to take this game in a MAJOR way. it'll pretty much lock up this series if they win tonight...

RedRum

You Cant Handle the Truth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO.... There goes another 3...:laugh3:

izshHWbMtCPYB.gif

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree:

Lebron is a great player, but I had to laugh as well when I saw some Heat fans saying that all Lebron needs to do is go to the hole and forget about those open teammates. As I said, if it was that easy, he would have been doing it.

Unless the Heat start making the Spurs pay for leaving them open on the perimeter, things will continue to be difficult for Lebron. Whether Lebron wants to post-up or drive to the hole, the Spurs defense will keep collapsing on him. Those perimeter shots have to start going down to help open things up for up Lebron.

We'll see what adjustments Spo makes. The chess match continues.....

i dont want him going to the hole and forgetting about teammates.. that's a great way for Lebron to have an allen iverson 35 points on 37 shots night. he does need to attack more. if just to get fouls. 0 free throw attempts in a game for him should NEVER happen. yet it did game 3.

the cure for miami is really simple. mid-range jump shots. bosh/lebron were great at them all year. now they cant hit them. if they can hit the mid-range the spurs will be forced to play honest D or lose. a ton of adjustments dont need to be made offensively for miami. now on defense.. we might want to guard the 3 ball a tad better. stop the doubles.. especially on Parker until he proves that hammy will hold up.

SportsChic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO.... There goes another 3...:laugh3:

izshHWbMtCPYB.gif

NO!

As the 3's rain down Spazz is just mad that Pops is a better coach then Brooks in not allowing flopping :baby: LeBum James from dunking and lay-ups.

Instead Pops said make the brick layer try to beat us with outside shots. But history is repeating itself with the :baby: throwing bricks from the outside in the finals.

Plus no matter how much PEDS DWhine Wade took is not helping :)