• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Spurs vs Heat NBA FINALS Thread

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really. The difference IMO is that James can force the action by going to the basket any time he wants. It forces the refs to make decisions. He will get his fair share of calls. It puts points on the board and foul trouble changes the players on the court and the mindset of those players.

I think if it was that easy for Lebron to get to the basket any time he wants, he would be doing it. The problem is the Spurs are taking that away from Lebron. Wade as well. As the article you posted suggested, Lebron needs to start the game pounding the Spurs defense in the post. Try to get going that way. See how the defense will play him that way. Ultimately though the outside shots need to be made by the supporting cast. Otherwise the Spurs defense will continue to pack the paint and make things difficult for Lebron.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think LeBron's not getting to the basket because he is constantly looking to pass first, by the time he decides he wants to go to the hoop he is already triple, quadruple teamed. If he goes into attack mode in Game 4 then everything in the Heat offense will begin to flow again.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually Kawahi Leonard or Tim Duncan could very well be the MVP.

Kawahi has dominated the offensive boards. He has 12 ORBs. The closest heat player has 7.
You could make an argument that Kawahi's harassment of Lebron has made all the difference.
Leonard has shown to be the closest thing to a LBJ stopper....if such a thing exists???

Duncan has been a low post defensive force and rebounder.
He is averaging nearly 13 rebounds and 2 blocks a game and his presence has made Bosh and the Heat jumpshooters.

Only Miami, only Mike Miller has any argument so far.....

The series is long and it can change on a dime for something as trivial as MVP.

Ah yes, I'll agree that Kawhi has kind of been the x factor so far. Duncan has been decent as well but I think Leonard has a better case than him. Still very early though.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give Kawahi some credit for defense as well.

The idea that Lebron can simply turn it on at any time....and that he is merely playing passive on purpose does seem disrespectful to the Spurs defenders.

Sure, Lebron can and probably will go off in one game for 45 points.
But, in the first 3 games, the SPURs defense has at least 50% of the credit.

Leonard is a younger, faster, and longer Bruce Bowen with freakishly large hands on weird elongated arms. He might be the perfect body for an NBA defensive player of the year multiple winner.

He is only 21 years old. So, he is still developing and has much more room to grow.

SPURS fans are ecstatic about the possibility of him being a 10 year long franchise face of the future.

He might not be able to stop Lebron,(Nobody can) but he is having an effect maybe moreso than any player Lebron faced in the playoffs.

Lebron is not simply going to be able to dominate for 7 consecutive games.
Kawahi is good enough to prevent that from happening at least part of the time.

And that might just be barely enough for the Spurs to win the series....if he keeps it up.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Danny Green will be MVP...what a joke!

Mark my words: If Gary fucking Neal is MVP somehow I will never watch another basketball game. :lol:

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Danny Green will be MVP...what a joke!

Mark my words: If Gary fucking Neal is MVP somehow I will never watch another basketball game. :lol:

hell, i think if Green and Neal are half as effective the Spurs win last night. i think they DEFINITELY need to keep up the "D" on LeClown and Wade, though...

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give Kawahi some credit for defense as well.

The idea that Lebron can simply turn it on at any time....and that he is merely playing passive on purpose does seem disrespectful to the Spurs defenders.

Sure, Lebron can and probably will go off in one game for 45 points.
But, in the first 3 games, the SPURs defense has at least 50% of the credit.

Leonard is a younger, faster, and longer Bruce Bowen with freakishly large hands on weird elongated arms. He might be the perfect body for an NBA defensive player of the year multiple winner.

He is only 21 years old. So, he is still developing and has much more room to grow.

SPURS fans are ecstatic about the possibility of him being a 10 year long franchise face of the future.

He might not be able to stop Lebron,(Nobody can) but he is having an effect maybe moreso than any player Lebron faced in the playoffs.

Lebron is not simply going to be able to dominate for 7 consecutive games.
Kawahi is good enough to prevent that from happening at least part of the time.

And that might just be barely enough for the Spurs to win the series....if he keeps it up.

I have complete respect for the Spurs' D as a whole, but you can't argue that LeBron is the most talented player in the league today and should be able to singlehandedly influence a game like any player who's held that title.

I had the Spurs in 5 by the way lol.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have complete respect for the Spurs' D as a whole, but you can't argue that LeBron is the most talented player in the league today and should be able to singlehandedly influence a game like any player who's held that title.

i think if the Spurs win tomorrow there's no way in HELL they'll blow this series...and that's the thought i'd put in all their heads if i'm Pop...

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hell, i think if Green and Neal are half as effective the Spurs win last night. i think they DEFINITELY need to keep up the "D" on LeClown and Wade, though...

I really think even if Lebron would of went off last night the Spurs still win. They made 20 3's and were red hot. And it would of been a tougher losscto take if they would of played lights and lose a close one to the Spurs who were on fire.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
blame your boy Turnip. let's face it, the guy's utter garbage. lies, multiple I.D.'s, tries to go as low as he can. the guy's a LOSER. it simply can't be helped. he's been trying for YEARS to get Heat haters to shut up about the team he's bandwagoning onto. wonder how that's working for him...?

I'VE accepted the fact that he's scum. and he'll keep on with his dumb sniping from the safety of his computer. i think it's HILARIOUS. hoping he keeps up the good work...:lol:

too bad he's screwing it up for GOOD Heat fans around here, but he clearly doesn't give a fuck about anyone but himself...

LOL Now thats funny!!!

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
th

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the heck is a hissy fight? You've been hyping the Heat's incredible bench and perimeter shooting all season long. You seem quick to give up on them after getting blown last night.

I thought what makes Lebron so great is that he does make the "right play" and pass to the open teammate. Shouldn't he keep trusting his teammates to make those shots? They were making them all season. That is one way to get the defense to open a bit. Otherwise Lebron will continue to see the paint packed with defenders and his defender baiting him into jumpshots.

Sounds like you want to see Lebron be a little more like Kobe.

I think they do rule, do you think any team would be challenging Kobe to shoot from the perimeter?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the heck is a hissy fight? You've been hyping the Heat's incredible bench and perimeter shooting all season long. You seem quick to give up on them after getting blown last night.

I thought what makes Lebron so great is that he does make the "right play" and pass to the open teammate. Shouldn't he keep trusting his teammates to make those shots? They were making them all season. That is one way to get the defense to open a bit. Otherwise Lebron will continue to see the paint packed with defenders and his defender baiting him into jumpshots.

Sounds like you want to see Lebron be a little more like Kobe.

Funny how that works, huh?

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have respect for the Spurs as well as a whole, but I also respect the Heat as A'holes - :laugh3:

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ron Artest on LeBron and Bosh:

"Mentally, the Spurs are strongest right now," Los Angeles Lakers forward Metta World Peace told ESPNLosAngeles.com prior to the Heat's 113-77 loss to the Spurs on Tuesday. "I think LeBron and (Chris) Bosh, they want it to be given to them. I don't think they're taking it upon themselves like a (Michael) Jordan would have done."
"(Mario) Chalmers, he wants it," World Peace said. "He gets it. He's not as talented as LeBron, but he has more heart. That's those Derek Fisher type of players. Players that have more heart that are not as talented and play hard."

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if it was that easy for Lebron to get to the basket any time he wants, he would be doing it. The problem is the Spurs are taking that away from Lebron. Wade as well. As the article you posted suggested, Lebron needs to start the game pounding the Spurs defense in the post. Try to get going that way. See how the defense will play him that way. Ultimately though the outside shots need to be made by the supporting cast. Otherwise the Spurs defense will continue to pack the paint and make things difficult for Lebron.

More Marc Stein:

In those first two games at home, James' determination to counter San Antonio's swarms by making the right basketball play and trusting his teammates to cash in on their much cleaner looks could be defended as sensible and justified. On the road, with a chance to put the Spurs in a series deficit for the first time in their five trips to the Finals, James was inexcusably passive.
Especially when you factor in the increasingly punchless state of Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh.
So it's not enough for Heat coach Erik Spoelstra to declare, as he did after Tuesday's 36-point pounding, that LeBron will "figure it out" because "he always figures it out."
It's incumbent upon Spoelstra and James to make it a first-quarter priority in Thursday night's Game 4 to get Miami's go-to guy going right away, presumably by posting up LeBron more and urging him to have faith that attacking the rim can get him to the line -- and sticking to that plan.
Which is exactly what the Spurs did in Game 3. Gregg Popovich announced to the world in the wake of Miami's Game 2 rout that he had to have more from face of the franchise Tim Duncan. San Antonio's answer: Duncan was featured inside early and often in Game 3, which made him an immediate factor and opened things up for the 3-point barrage from Gary Neal and Green that followed.
Now it's Miami's turn. The same script we've seen three times -- LeBron deferring early and then, under duress, trying to shoot his way from deep out of setup man mode -- has to be scrapped.

The first quarter of Game 4, for Miami, has to be a LeBron-a-thon if the Heat hope to avoid a 3-1 deficit that, in the history of the Finals, has never been overturned.
"We'll work to make sure that he's getting to places he can be comfortable and confident," Spoelstra said.

Anyway, I never said it would be easy. I just said he can do it. It's the NBA Finals vs probably the best coach in the NBA. He's not looking to make it easy for us (the Heat).
Stai also agrees with my point that JAmes needs to get involved early. That doesn't mean he has to shoot every posession.He jsut can't go in with the mindset that he's NOT going to shoot for the first 5-6 mintes as we so often see.

Anyway, I'm off to San Antonio for the next 2. I know you will be wishing us luck.:rollseyes: