• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Spurs vs Heat NBA FINALS Thread

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:laugh3:

Bout the way I felt when the Lakers and Celtics were in the Finals a few years ago.

I'm right there with you.....I can't STAND either of those teams. I'm old skool, I've hated the celts since Bird......and I always respected LA but ever since Kobe has been there I can't stand them.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm right there with you.....I can't STAND either of those teams. I'm old skool, I've hated the celts since Bird......and I always respected LA but ever since Kobe has been there I can't stand them.

Me too but if they could do time machines....

I'd root for those two teams against 90% of today's NBA.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so, to use a...er, Turnipism. do you really think the Heat are going to beat the Spurs 3 out of the next 4 games...:lol:
Some people think the Heat are going to beat the Spurs 3 out of the next 3.

I'm still seeing Heat in 6 predictions.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I need to watch that movie :D

and I will seriously stop watching basketball if the Heat lose this series.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I need to watch that movie :D

and I will seriously stop watching basketball if the Heat lose this series.

There's never been a sequel and never been a remake.

And there damn sure never better be or I'll be in the news!

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To the Heat fans saying Neal or Green won't score like this again: Parker got 6 points, Manu 7, Duncan 12. That isn't happening again either.

It happened in game 2 and Parker had to go back to the locker room for almost a quarter.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:10::agree::suds:

I would go all "God Bless America" on their asses.

It's such a classic that I doubt anyone will ever attempt to remake it. Almost impossible to make it better.

I mean, seriously, which parts of it might be changed? Every scene is a classic.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's my fear with the Spurs.......after game 3, they'll continue to jack up 3s, and the shots not fall......but they'll keep shooting them.

It's not good to win games on a barrage of 3 pointers, because it's a low percentage shot to begin with. Pops may be able to keep that in check, but usually guys off the bench are eager to shoot as is.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so, to use a...er, Turnipism. do you really think the Heat are going to beat the Spurs 3 out of the next 4 games...:lol:

Again, you just talk out of your ass. You predicted the Heat to lose EVERY series so far. Based on what other than sheer IDIOCY?

I THINK the Heat can still easily win. My point was that can one really EXPECT them to after watching these first 3 games? I EXPECTED James to be the best player on the court. THE difference maker.
If he continues to do whatever he think he "sees", then we IMO simply aren't winning 3/4 based on the premise that our other players are going to win it for us. The rosters are pretty equal. That's why they are the best 2 teams in the league this season.

Therefore, I hope they figure it out at this point vs expect them to.
After each game so far, I expected the mindset to change and it hasn't, therefore, why should I expect it to be any different tomorrow?

If James has one of those game 6's like he did vs the Celts, and continues to play with that mindset, there will be a parade in Miami.

If he's waiting for Wade/Bosh to be the deciding factors, then I think the end result is already pretty much decided.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you guys see Mario Chalmers last night? Dude's an assassin!!:doh:

Heat in 5!!:L

:lol::laugh3::laugh3:

:sadbron:

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pops may be able to keep that in check, but usually guys off the bench are eager to shoot as is.

Their entire offense is centered around the ball movement and lots of 3's.
That is a HUGE part of their identity.
They took a ton of 3s in game 1, missed them all. AND WON
They took a ton of 3s in game 2, made them all. AND LOST by 23.
They took a ton of 3s in game 3, made them all. AND WON By 35.

That is all those young guys do on the Spurs.
Jacking up 3s is their primary role in the system. It is MANDATORY if you want to play.

Coach Popovich will bench them if they don't shoot the open 3.
That is a fact.

As for the 3 point shot in general.....

The 3 point shot is the best shot in the game with normal officiating.
With this kind of officiating, it is the best shot times two!!
If the referees are not calling fouls this series, the 3 point shot is even more valuable.

If you hit 35% (low number) you still outscore a guy who is shooting 50% (high number) on twos.

The 2 point shot does benefit from the freethrows more often to offset the basic value.
So, the officiating needs to be evaluated.

But, it becomes even more marginal when the refs are not whistling anyone.
Without the freethrows in an open game, it becomes priceless.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If James has one of those game 6's like he did vs the Celts, and continues to play with that mindset, there will be a parade in Miami.

If he's waiting for Wade/Bosh to be the deciding factors, then I think the end result is already pretty much decided.

I don't think he was waiting for Wade and Bosh to be deciding factors, he just became passive based on the Spurs defense. The Spurs baited him to settle for jumpers while keeping the penetration opportunities to a minimum. James needed to make them pay earlier in the game by taking and hitting these open jumpers. He couldn't get the job done last night.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he continues to do whatever he think he "sees", then we IMO simply aren't winning 3/4 based on the premise that our other players are going to win it for us.

I thought the Heat were stacked. I thought the Heat had this incredibly deep bench. You hyped the team depth all season long, but now you are giving up on them and expect to James to singlehandedly beat the Spurs?