• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Spurs vs Heat NBA FINALS Thread

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
do i get to post this again if the Heat blow game 2...?

post whatever you like. it's a prediction. ive been wrong plenty of times. i thought we were going to beat the Mavs down 3-2 2 years ago. I also thought the Heat were going to beat Thunder down 1-0 last year.

i think people over react to the heat both ways. they win.. they are unstoppable. they lose.. the experiment is a bust. miami lost a 4 point game. tony parker hit an amazing shot that literally was .0000001 seconds from being a 24 second violation, and miami has a shot to tie. i never thought miami was sweeping the spurs. i thought this was going to SA tied 1-1. I just thought Miami would win game 1 and lose game 2.

Game 2 is as close to a must win for Miami as a game 2 can be. Miami will win.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
post whatever you like. it's a prediction. ive been wrong plenty of times. i thought we were going to beat the Mavs down 3-2 2 years ago. I also thought the Heat were going to beat Thunder down 1-0 last year.

i think people over react to the heat both ways. they win.. they are unstoppable. they lose.. the experiment is a bust. miami lost a 4 point game. tony parker hit an amazing shot that literally was .0000001 seconds from being a 24 second violation, and miami has a shot to tie. i never thought miami was sweeping the spurs. i thought this was going to SA tied 1-1. I just thought Miami would win game 1 and lose game 2.

eh, i can kinda go along with this...

Game 2 is as close to a must win for Miami as a game 2 can be. Miami will win.

no, they won't...:lol:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh boy, the fatigue "excuse" is SO LAME. The heat won game 7 by 30 something points then got 3 days off so I don't want to hear about fatigue, the Spurs just out executed them down the stretch. Kawhi did a great job on Lebron and they did a good collective job of sending help when Lebron put the ball on the floor in the post. I'm sure it'll still be a long series but I still have SA winning

:agree:up to the last sentence. I'm not saying the Spurs won't win, I'm just saying that after 1 game, you can never declare a winner.

The Heat simply play with no sense of urgency until they are down in a game or a series.
It's a very dangerous game to play vs a team as good as the Spurs.
As far as tired. that's bullshit. These same players were playing back to back to back games on the road last season (and won all 3 by double digits).
There is always an excuse there if you want to create one. The Heat lost game 1 to the Bulls because they were rusty? The Heat settled for that excuse. The Spurs wanted no part of it.

Not saying the Heat could have put the Spurs away early yesterday, but there were 2-3 times when we opened up a lead and really should have went for the jugular. Instead we pissed around trying to hit some 3's which lead to the lead diminishing in a couple of possessions.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why aren't people talking more about D Wade? Some of the possessions that ran through Wade in the second half were atrocious. He holds the ball trying to isolate, but he does not have the burst to get past anybody right now. He is not a jump shooter either.

The way the Spurs are defending, Spoelstra would be better served playing D-Wade 24 minutes or less. The Heat need shooters surrounding LBJ. Wade does nothing but kill spacing. If he were healthy it would be a different story, but he isn't.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tlance;3118726[QUOTE said:
]Why aren't people talking more about D Wade?
Some of the possessions that ran through Wade in the second half were atrocious. He holds the ball trying to isolate, but he does not have the burst to get past anybody right now. He is not a jump shooter either.

The way the Spurs are defending, Spoelstra would be better served playing D-Wade 24 minutes or less. The Heat need shooters surrounding LBJ. Wade does nothing but kill spacing. If he were healthy it would be a different story, but he isn't.[/QUOTE]

I love Wade, but havn't seen the one I remember on the court for awhile now.
I am happy when I see Cole/Allen/Birdman rotation coming in the game for the reasons you stated.

It's just a sour subject to most Heat fans. Similar to trying to tell Laker fans that Kobe should concentrate on getting the rest of the team involved.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why aren't people talking more about D Wade? Some of the possessions that ran through Wade in the second half were atrocious. He holds the ball trying to isolate, but he does not have the burst to get past anybody right now. He is not a jump shooter either.

The way the Spurs are defending, Spoelstra would be better served playing D-Wade 24 minutes or less. The Heat need shooters surrounding LBJ. Wade does nothing but kill spacing. If he were healthy it would be a different story, but he isn't.
I agree Wade stunk it up in the 4th but the Heat need him to be on the court. Even if he is not scoring he is a threat they have to account for. I think they should give more of his touches to Bosh (in the post) instead and let Wade crash the offensive boards.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Wade stunk it up in the 4th but the Heat need him to be on the court. Even if he is not scoring he is a threat they have to account for. I think they should give more of his touches to Bosh (in the post) instead and let Wade crash the offensive boards.

The Spurs were barely guarding Wade last night. When he caught the ball at the top, his defender was 6-8 feet off. The go under ball screens on Wade too, and he isn't even looking at the rim. He got most of his good looks in transition. In the half court, he was a liability. His presence allows the Spurs to clog the defensive paint without consequence.

Mike Miller or Ray Allen present a much greater threat than the non-shooting, 1 legged D Wade. At least then, the defense would not be able to focus 100% on LeBron. If they did, there would be guys in position to make them pay.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Spurs were barely guarding Wade last night. When he caught the ball at the top, his defender was 6-8 feet off. The go under ball screens on Wade too, and he isn't even looking at the rim. He got most of his good looks in transition. In the half court, he was a liability. His presence allows the Spurs to clog the defensive paint without consequence.

Mike Miller or Ray Allen present a much greater threat than the non-shooting, 1 legged D Wade. At least then, the defense would not be able to focus 100% on LeBron. If they did, there would be guys in position to make them pay.
Wade should be coming off the weak side away from the action and not at the top. He has a gift for offensive rebounding. Also he is capable of getting it going at any moment if you can recall just 1 game ago. Spurs guard the 3 probably just as good as anyone in the league. Trust and believe that Pop has a "no corner 3 rule" on his chalk board. If Ray or any of the other 3pt shooters start hitting from anywhere else with any consistency then Pop will adjust. Until then he is going to live with the occasional 3 instead of letting Lebron beat them.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We need him to be ok with only taking 6 shots a night and focusing on D. We need the same from Battier but not taking shots.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And, to quote Flauge....

the Thunder weren't ready for prime time.
People in Vegas thought they were. They had OKC as the favorites before game 1 tip-off.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good game last night. No complaints about the refs at all.

Spo dropped the ball by having Wade/James on the bench to start the 4th.

Anyway I'm not too worried yet. The Heat need to play better 3 pt defense and also have Lebron on Parker all game when he's on the court. We are going to get many more open looks from 3 as we saw last night. I think Ray is going to have a great series.

If we lose sunday I will be really worried

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this a :badmin:?

Picture of the night from Game 1!

Miami-Heat-fan-boobs-e1370607607956.jpg

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the woman in white was what we were supposed to be looking at?

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SPURS! SPURS! SPURS!

Tony Parker
Tim Duncan

GO! GO! GO!

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the woman in white was what we were supposed to be looking at?
I thought the younger version of Jerry Springer was the subject of the photo!!?