• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Spurs vs Heat NBA FINALS Thread

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still can't figure out how to post a video, but on topic, this is pretty funny. Beasley can't find his own knee.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=397KGshRNYI]Cool Beas rubs the wrong knee - YouTube[/ame]

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does god have innocents born into horrifying circumstances like Ethiopia? Or Detroit? Your god is cruel.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does god have innocents born into horrifying circumstances like Ethiopia? Or Detroit? Your god is cruel.

Everything happens for a reason and blah blah blah.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wade Admits Game 2 is Must-Win....

Yeah, and the sky is blue and water is wet.

Thanks for that stunning headline there See BS.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for the comments on the 2-3-2 format:

Only twice in the 25+years of this format has the team with the 3 straight home games won all 3.

The same team did it both times.

The Miami Heat.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for the comments on the 2-3-2 format:

Only twice in the 25+years of this format has the team with the 3 straight home games won all 3.

The same team did it both times.

The Miami Heat.

No offense Rob and a few others, but these "ESPN Facts" don't really interest me much....

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No offense Rob and a few others, but these "ESPN Facts" don't really interest me much....

I actually meant that for another thread where people were complaining about the 2-3-2 format and how it unfairly favors the team with the 3 straight home games.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually meant that for another thread where people were complaining about the 2-3-2 format and how it unfairly favors the team with the 3 straight home games.

Uh, actually the complaint is that it is unfair to the team with the 3 straight home games!! Which is what your stats support!!

At least that's my complaint and the complaint they were having on sportstalk radio yesterday!!

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh, actually the complaint is that it is unfair to the team with the 3 straight home games!! Which is what your stats support!!

At least that's my complaint and the complaint they were having on sportstalk radio yesterday!!

Oh, someone else had said that it takes HFA away from the team with the better record. Let me see if I can find it on the other thread ....

from bks:

2-2-1-1-1 is the best way to go. Giving the team w/out HCA 3 straight at home actually gives that team HCA as 3 of the first 5 are actually played at their home.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, someone else had said that it takes HFA away from the team with the better record. Let me see if I can find it on the other thread ....

from bks:

2-2-1-1-1 is the best way to go. Giving the team w/out HCA 3 straight at home actually gives that team HCA as 3 of first 5 are actually played at their home.

Well, what do you expect from a Heat fan? They're not the brightest of bulbs!!:lol:

The complaint has long been that it gives an unfair advantage to the team with HCA because the other team has to win 3 straight just to protect their own court. Beating a team that has made the finals, 3 straight is extremely difficult. Because of this, it generally means that they now have to beat the team with HCA twice on their home court instead of once!! Or beat them once on their home court while winning the 3 straight.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, what do you expect from a Heat fan? They're not the brightest of bulbs!!:lol:

The complaint has long been that it gives an unfair advantage to the team with HCA because the other team has to win 3 straight just to protect their own court. Beating a team that has made the finals, 3 straight is extremely difficult. Because of this, it generally means that they now have to beat the team with HCA twice on their home court instead of once!! Or beat them once on their home court while winning the 3 straight.

And history is definitely on the side of the people making that argument.

Although, a case can be made that they earned that advantage by having the better regular season record. It's not like it is being given to them based on the results of a fucking All Star Game...

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And history is definitely on the side of the people making that argument.

Although, a case can be made that they earned that advantage by having the better regular season record. It's not like it is being given to them based on the results of a fucking All Star Game...

True!! The argument is that it gives the HCA team too much of an advantage!! Definitely agree about the All-Star!! Of all of the dumb ways to decide home advantage, that's got to be the dumbest!!

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True!! The argument is that it gives the HCA team too much of an advantage!! Definitely agree about the All-Star!! Of all of the dumb ways to decide home advantage, that's got to be the dumbest!!

If I were given the option of complete eradication of flopping in the NBA or the abolition of that fucking All Star Game rule, I'd tell the NBA players....

flop til you drop.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I believe a big factor in the change of format was because the Lakers and Celtics played so often.

It was distance/travel related and I believe more of an equipment issue then a player flying issue.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I were given the option of complete eradication of flopping in the NBA or the abolition of that fucking All Star Game rule, I'd tell the NBA players....

flop til you drop.

Me too!!:lol:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe a big factor in the change of format was because the Lakers and Celtics played so often.

It was distance/travel related and I believe more of an equipment issue then a player flying issue.

It was a few things, mainly involving travel!! There was the fact that travel was much more difficult back then as teams were typically flying on commercial flights. Also, the NBA was still building it's popularity and didn't have the money that it does now, so there was the expense and logistical nightmare of getting players, coaches, team personnel and equipment from one side of the country to the other on commercial flights.

With teams all either having charter flights or their own planes, it's time to go back to 2-2-1-1-1!!

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like baseball's all star game rule, in that way that baseball as a sport and it's rules and resistance to positive change make no sense to me, the all star game fits right in.