• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Spurs vs Heat NBA FINALS Thread

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a few things, mainly involving travel!! There was the fact that travel was much more difficult back then as teams were typically flying on commercial flights. Also, the NBA was still building it's popularity and didn't have the money that it does now, so there was the expense and logistical nightmare of getting players, coaches, team personnel and equipment from one side of the country to the other on commercial flights.

With teams all either having charter flights or their own planes, it's time to go back to 2-2-1-1-1!!

At least for the next ? amount of years. Miami is much more centrally located:welcome:

TRIPLE 777

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Heat will definitely REBOUND ....TONITE...They will not take any PRISONERS...THIS TIME...IT'S A MUST WN GAME....WORD....Heat by 9...

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like baseball's all star game rule, in that way that baseball as a sport and it's rules and resistance to positive change make no sense to me, the all star game fits right in.

egads, baseball is the biggest holder of out-dated traditions in ALL of major sports. but i agree here. at least they TRIED to make the All-Star game mean something, so give 'em "A" for effort...

as far as flopping, GET RID OF IT. end of story...

piss-tons

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Joey Crawford is the lead official tonight. He has officiated in two playoff games where Lebron has fouled out. He also ejected Duncan for laughing on the bench, which made him get suspended for the rest of the season. Also this picture:
tim-duncan-tony-parker-joey.jpg

HOW IS HE ALLOWED TO OFFICIATE???

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because the NBA is crooked.

Being crooked is a prerequisite for being a corporation. NBA excels yet you keep supporting it...just like that government.

I live in tax free mexico (SUCK A DICK US GOV) and only stream my games online...and the occasional bar who bought it anyways.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
egads, baseball is the biggest holder of out-dated traditions in ALL of major sports. but i agree here. at least they TRIED to make the All-Star game mean something, so give 'em "A" for effort...

as far as flopping, GET RID OF IT. end of story...

they are really outdated. I can not figure out why but everything to me points to either:

a) game fixing
b) modeling itself after the US government, aim higher, seriously
c) only tired old men watch the sport and are afraid of change...this is really under b.

Up until recently every time a call is made on the field it is final. No amount of arguing, throwing stuff or shouting is going to overturn that call, yet we still see it.

This completely gives (gave now I think) the green light to make a bad call with 0 chance of it being fixed before bets are settled. The only other reason I can think of to make that make sense is that it would cease any and all arguing with the umps...but that still happens so?

sorry for rant..../rant

DOWN WITH FLOPPING!!!! DOWN WITH CRAWFORD!!!

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Joey Crawford is the lead official tonight. He has officiated in two playoff games where Lebron has fouled out. He also ejected Duncan for laughing on the bench, which made him get suspended for the rest of the season. Also this picture:
tim-duncan-tony-parker-joey.jpg

HOW IS HE ALLOWED TO OFFICIATE???

they cant allow players to determine who officiates game. now if you want to ask given his history how does he have a job.. im with you

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They could allow determine who officiates games though, which then we are back to how the fuck does crawford have a gig?

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a few things, mainly involving travel!! There was the fact that travel was much more difficult back then as teams were typically flying on commercial flights. Also, the NBA was still building it's popularity and didn't have the money that it does now, so there was the expense and logistical nightmare of getting players, coaches, team personnel and equipment from one side of the country to the other on commercial flights.

With teams all either having charter flights or their own planes, it's time to go back to 2-2-1-1-1!!
Feinstein said the reason why they still use that format is that it makes it easier on the media and others covering the series......which I say is a bullshit reason. These guys are use to traveling all the time.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feinstein said the reason why they still use that format is that it makes it easier on the media and others covering the series......which I say is a bullshit reason. These guys are use to traveling all the time.

:agree: Of all the lame reasons to continue that format, that is the lamest!!

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am very uneasy about this game due to Joey Crawford being the head official.

Only solace I can see is that the Heat fans are just as uneasy about it as I am.

Game 1 was well-officiated. They let the teams play.

Crawford won't do that. And that is gonna suck, no matter who wins.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Predictions???

Who you got Hoopligans??

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heat will win tonight 103-92

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron goes for 29, 12, and 7.

Battier Miller, and Allen combine to go 8-12 from 3

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now baseball is the only sport we have with no "video review." Is this a good thing, do you guys think?