• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Spurs vs Heat NBA FINALS Thread

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wade was Miami's most efficient scorer tonight, yet he only averaged 1 shot in the 4th. I think he needed to be more aggressive, same goes for LeBron.

I know the stats suggest that Wade had a somewhat efficient offensive game last night, but I could not agree with this comment less. Aside from his 2nd quarter explsion with LeBron on the bench, Wade was terrible.

There were 7 or 8 lost possessions (a couple big ones during the Spurs 4th quarter run) last night were Wade tried to isolate and held the ball way too long. He does not have the burst to get past his defender b/c of his injury and the Spurs don't have to respect his jump shot either.

He did not shoot the ball poorly, but he destroys the rhythm of the offense when he does this. In the past it was okay because he could create offense out of nothing. He can't do that right now. Wade should play reduced minutes going forward because he is not his normal efficient self.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These guys and their reactionary statements. :rolleyes: Jalen is usually better than that.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And another one.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pop slightly changed his scheme in the 4th. On the offensive side, the Spurs hung around the basket and challenged for rebounds, which they got. On the defensive side, they really turned the pressure up and were faster to get in the face of the guy with the ball, few open shots. It could have been worse for the Heat, if Duncan had hit more open shots from mid-range. Quite a few missed 3 point shots that were open. The Heat coach should be worried.

Heat should win game 2, as Pop will turn the Spurs down, since he has stolen home field advantage.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is that Lebron is probably frustrated as hell. I thought it was likely the Spurs would probably win this first game. It was the way they did it that is troubling. Here is where Spo will need to earn his money. He has got to find a way to get Bosh scoring in the post. I dont mind the occasional 3's but the bulk of his shots need to be inside the paint to mid-range. Someone please find the real Shane Battier. Where did he go? Birdman is going to see a lot of time on the bench if he doesn't stop jumping at every TD pump fake. Wade fell asleep in the second half and looked lost at times. The Heat need to play with leads on the Spurs because the Spurs normally execute offense better than anyone in the NBA. Spurs look like they wanted it more last night.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The wanted it more cliche is ridiculous.

Battier should grab a clipboard.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree it is a cliche that is over used but if you look at the faces of TD and Parker, they looked like they smelt blood. The Heat players looked passive.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Miami was gassed in the 4th quarter, which is the excuse I'm hearing, when won't they be going forward? It's not like they'll be getting any more rest between games than they did before game 1. I get that Indiana was a physical emotional series, but the tired excuse is just that, tired.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Miami was gassed in the 4th quarter, which is the excuse I'm hearing, when won't they be going forward? It's not like they'll be getting any more rest between games than they did before game 1. I get that Indiana was a physical emotional series, but the tired excuse is just that, tired.
The only player on the Heat that should be tired is Lebron. If you consider the amount of physical wear and tear and the mental stress he has got to be under I'm surprised he doesn't sit a little more. Its just going to get worse if they are tired from the Pacers series. The Pacers just beat them up. The Spurs will smile at you, say nice things about you and then beat you up.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
aww, buck up, boys. game 2 IS this Sunday....:lol:

:hellno: :sadpanda:

I blame LBJ for passing all game. 16 shots is not that many fewer than normal but it looked like he was passing all game and never shooting unless from 3 land.

Why didn't he drive the paint and then pass? Isn't their entire supporting cast either Birdman or 3p shooters so he wade and bosh can dominate every thing inside the arc and kick beyond?

#talk about losing ones identity these kids make jason bourne look like an elephant

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Battier shooting game 1 finals.jpg

He made this shot at halftime if it makes you feel better:yahoo:

The Heat will lose this series unless the outside shooters start hitting a decent % amount of shots to change the mindset of the Spurs defense.

Spurs are smart, well coached. They will continue to double/triple James because they know he will pass the ball to whoever is open.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:hellno: :sadpanda:

I blame LBJ for passing all game. 16 shots is not that many fewer than normal but it looked like he was passing all game and never shooting unless from 3 land.

Why didn't he drive the paint and then pass? Isn't their entire supporting cast either Birdman or 3p shooters so he wade and bosh can dominate every thing inside the arc and kick beyond?

#talk about losing ones identity these kids make jason bourne look like an elephant
The Spurs are doubling Wade off of Chris Boshs man. They are not leaving the 3 point shooters. In Lebrons case it looks like he was trying a bit too hard to get his teammates in the flow. Leonard is playing surprisingly good D in the post on Lebron or he was not trying hard enough to score.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think San Antonio got the better of the Kawahi Leonard trade.

George Hill is a good player and a beloved fan favorite always welcome in the Fiesta City. Pop called him his favorite player to coach.

But at 21 years old (Hill is 27) and less than half the salary/luxury cap hits, it favors the Spurs.

I think Kawahi has incredible upside. He is slowly developing his offensive game with the luxury of not needing it now.

Parker/Gino/Duncan can carry the offensive load while he slowly and properly learns offensive skills.

I don't know if he can morph into Scottie Pippen, but the Spurs future looks bright for the next decade.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dont fret heat fans. we got this. lebron needs to be moved to parker and the heat need to go without a PG. They also need to take Ray allen out when they do that and put in Birdman.

Lebron, Wade, Miller, Bosh, Birdman... Who is Tony Parker going to guard in that lineup? Whoever it is.. post up.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great game last night!! Gotta feel a little bit for Lebron!! Dude has 18 points, 18 rebounds and 10 assists and didn't do enough!!

Looked to me like Pop's game plan is to turn Lebron into a passer and live with jump shots by D-Wade and Bosh!!

I agree with Charles Barkley on Dan Patrick this morning when he said that unless something changes with the Heat, this series may not get out of San Antonio!!

The Heat won't win with Bosh shooting 3's and D-Wade shooting jumpers!! Neither of them can hit enough of them.