• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

so youre saying there;s a chance....

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wisconsin now has to become the biggest arizona state fans because if they both win out they just might jump the 3rd place SEC team in the BCSCG rematch....

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither team will win out. Both at least 3 losses.

ASU has a better shot at the Rose Bowl because they could win their division. Wisconsin can't.

Neither ever had a shot at the BCScg.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither team will win out. Both at least 3 losses.

ASU has a better shot at the Rose Bowl because they could win their division. Wisconsin can't.

Neither ever had a shot at the BCScg.

None of this is true. If Wisconsin beats OSU (it's happened before), they could definitely win out, which would mean they could also win their division. If either team ran the table in their conference (stranger things have certainly happened), both would definitely have a shot at the NCG (well, not Wisconsin now, but ASU would).

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course it isnt true as it hasnt happened yet. It's an opinion.

That will materialize.

Then it will be true.

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wisconsin has the same chance to win the B1G now that it had last week, it all comes down to 2 weeks from now in Columbus.

But their chances of going 11-1 with an at-large berth have disappeared. It's Rose Bowl or bust now.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ehh, maybe.

Yea exactly. For some reason, we've always managed to find a way to hang in there against you guys. Well okay, since Barry came to town I mean.

I think the offenses' language is a more complex than what these guys have had in the past. We saw very few adjustments against ASU. Something tells me that they'll be a little more fluent and aggressive by the time we play you guys.

But seriously. Braxton.... That was a BEAUTIFUL pass. Sank it right in the back of the endzone. We're in trouble, IMO.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wisconsin has to win out that is a given in this scenario, but they also have to cheer asu (thus the dilemma) because if az st wins or makes pac12 CG (thus helping inflate wisconsins SOS and the fluke head to head game ending is washed out), but will it still be enough if aTm or lsu go 11-1 and miss out on the CCG game to bama and thus the clamoring for the 3rd place SEC team in a BCSCG rematch.

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ASU is going to lose football games. Probably their next one. 9-3 feels right to me.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is asu in same division as oregon?

edit - just checked and they arent so even if they lose to stanford they can still win the pac south. remember they dont need to win out they only need to be successful its wisconsin that has to win out,

Last edited by a moderator:

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. ASU is in the South with USC, UCLA, Arizona, Colorado and Utah. They miss Oregon and Cal this year out of the North

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well ASU and UCLA are the only teams in the South with a pulse, so...

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno, guys, I'm a Badger fan and I didn't think we had any business talking NCG or at-large BCS bowl before the ASU game. Our passing game is Abbrederis or bust, our defense isn't bad but not dominant, and our kicking game is piss-poor (hence our attempting to set up an easier field goal try in that mess at the end of the game). Our rushing attack is really good, but is it good enough to carry the team to the NCG or an at-large? I don't think so.

Honestly, the year we should have gone to the NCG was the year we had Wilson. Two hail mary plays prevented (maybe even just one) and we are playing LSU for it all. We had the talent for our offense to carry us - a great QB, a Heisman-worthy RB, a kicker who could make 40+ field goals more than half the time, more than one non-shit receiver, and a dominant offensive line. We just didn't quite execute well enough on defense to make the big one. (And yes, I know we lost to Oregon in the Rose Bowl. Doesn't mean we weren't close to a shot at LSU)

This year? We aren't nearly as good. We might still make it to the Rose Bowl if the chips fall the right way, but even if win out in conference, lose in the CCG, and make an at-large BCS bowl, I'm not sure it'll be because we won it so much as other teams didn't. I'm saving the BCS dreams for two years from now when Gordon's the starter and Stave has hopefully learned how to be more like Scott Tolzien.

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This year? We aren't nearly as good. We might still make it to the Rose Bowl if the chips fall the right way, but even if win out in conference, lose in the CCG, and make an at-large BCS bowl, I'm not sure it'll be because we won it so much as other teams didn't. I'm saving the BCS dreams for two years from now when Gordon's the starter and Stave has hopefully learned how to be more like Scott Tolzien.

Gordon isn't a 4 year guy. Or shouldn't be anyways.

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And anyway, Gordon will start next year and Stave will be a junior. If he hasn't learned to make decisions by then he never will. Problem is we won't have a receiver unless Anderson recruits a really awesome freshman.