• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So, Who's the moron that said the Lakers are the better-operated franchise than the Cavs?

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of this shitting on the Lakers who had all of those injuries. I dont know of any team in any year ever that would have made the playoffs in those circumstances. If Michael Jordan had missed 23 games, and then Pippen and then another player?

Please subtract the games he missed because of load management first.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs are just in the East. Do the Cavs make the playoffs in the West last year?

Lebron and Cavs could hide in the East

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think anyone will be mistaking Lonzo Ball for Scottie anytime soon
That's not the point. I know that. I'm just pointing out that Lakers were looking good and winning until the injuries. I think any slamming the Lakers because of the losing is ignorant. No team will win with that many injuries. This thread is flat stupid by a stupid and small man

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please subtract the games he missed because of load management first.
Lebron missed 21 games. How close did the Bulls come in the two years they were without JORDAN, and take away a couple of their other best players. NO TEAMS WIN WHEN THREE Of their starters are down

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
under Dr. Buss for sure.

Lakers are a shit show since then. What is this? year 7 in a row without winning a playoff game? Cmon now.
I'm going to have to laugh at calling the Lakers a better run franchise under Jim Buss and Mitch Kupchak and Magic Johnson has not done any better Yet. I do think he deserves a chance though considering the injuries

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron missed 21 games. How close did the Bulls come in the two years they were without JORDAN, and take away a couple of their other best players. NO TEAMS WIN WHEN THREE Of their starters are down

Ingram just got hurt a couple weeks ago. That's not valid, especially when the Lakers were already out of it. And the Lakers played a whopping 4 games without Ball and LeBron before LeBron came back. And Ball isn't good anyway.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ingram just got hurt a couple weeks ago. That's not valid, especially when the Lakers were already out of it. And the Lakers played a whopping 4 games without Ball and LeBron before LeBron came back. And Ball isn't good anyway.
That wasnt Ingrams first Injury, the Lakers also lost Lonzo Ball ,Rondo and even Kuzma. IN fact the Lakers haven't all of their starters healthy since Christmas

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, that's right. :doh:

That would basically be everyone on the board sans for Wiggy and myself.

If having the best player in the world is the key to guaranteed titles, you would think the Lakers would be better than nine games under .500, injuries or not. I think it's safe to assume that LeBron's supporting cast during those four consecutive finals years in Cleveland had more to do with their success than most wish to believe.

And if Dan Gilbert was such a shitty owner - Why on earth would he let his young GM operate into the luxury tax on a bad basketball team for the sole purpose of stockpiling draft picks??? The fact remains that those that hate on Gilbert are fairweather fans still bitter over his 2010 post, and in fact know absolutely nothing else about the man.

Someone on RealGM put it perfectly in that the Laker dynasty days had in fact died with Dr. Buss, and all that remains are that the self-entitled fans and the media hype.
I think I misunderstood your trolling the first time, but in the history of the NBA , the Lakers have 17 and the Cavs have one and the Lakers will go back to the finals where the Cavs won't for the next 20 years, lol but in the last 6 o 9 years yes the Cavs have been better operated

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With 9 games left in the season

LONZO Ball. has missed 16 games and is done for the season
BRANDON Ingram has missed 21 and done for the season
KYLE kuzma only missed 6
lebron missed 20
THREE STARTERS MISSED 16 GAMES OR MORE

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not the point. I know that. I'm just pointing out that Lakers were looking good and winning until the injuries. I think any slamming the Lakers because of the losing is ignorant. No team will win with that many injuries. This thread is flat stupid by a stupid and small man

I think most agree the Lakers were a playoff team at that time but looking back the fact they had to win 47/48 games would've made it tough with their ending schedule. They probably get in but I doubt as the four

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think most agree the Lakers were a playoff team at that time but looking back the fact they had to win 47/48 games would've made it tough with their ending schedule. They probably get in but I doubt as the four

It's hard to say - and I am not going to argue over what seed they would have been - the point is they would have improved with LeBron in there and that would have made the Lakers attractive to free agents, but they were decimated by injuries and I am not going to sit here pretending like the Lakers missed the playoffs because of the front office or the head coach - the Lakers lost three of their four starters for a minimum of 16 to 24 games - That made a difference.

Hell, I won't even argue that Magic Johnson hasn't done a great job - but He landed LeBron and there isn't any one that can convince me that Jim Buss would have been able to do that. I think Magic should have kept Julius Randle and I am beginning to think that he should have kept Russell - but the Lakers had to free up some salary cap not just for LeBron to sign but for a free agent to play with LeBron - without the salary for two free agents - I doubt LeBron would have signed which means one of those players had to be traded. Personally - I would have preferred to trade Lonzo Ball

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sexton and a top 3 pick with some cap room in the next few years is definitely an upswing. But they will still be developing as Love starts getting up there. Say in two years you have solid cap space Sexton and Top 3 pick but then Love (who’s had an injury filled history) will also be 32. Not crazy old but likely to start the decline.

So it’ll be tough hoping for a lot of potential production out of Love, imo.

Injury-prone players tend to not get healthier as they get into the latter part of their career's.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs are just in the East. Do the Cavs make the playoffs in the West last year?

Lebron and Cavs could hide in the East

Well considering they were over .500 against teams in the west last year, i would say so

The West Rockets are considered the 2nd best team in the west, and they just got smoked by the bucks!

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sexton and a top 3 pick with some cap room in the next few years is definitely an upswing. But they will still be developing as Love starts getting up there. Say in two years you have solid cap space Sexton and Top 3 pick but then Love (who’s had an injury filled history) will also be 32. Not crazy old but likely to start the decline.

Yea, love is the one tricky spot. I would personally trade him for a lottery pick, if that option came available. They got a first round pick for hill. That will be a tough decision going forward. His contract may be up by then, so maybe they just don't resign him and go after someone else, if by then it's not working

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, that's right. :doh:

That would basically be everyone on the board sans for Wiggy and myself.

If having the best player in the world is the key to guaranteed titles, you would think the Lakers would be better than nine games under .500, injuries or not. I think it's safe to assume that LeBron's supporting cast during those four consecutive finals years in Cleveland had more to do with their success than most wish to believe.

And if Dan Gilbert was such a shitty owner - Why on earth would he let his young GM operate into the luxury tax on a bad basketball team for the sole purpose of stockpiling draft picks??? The fact remains that those that hate on Gilbert are fairweather fans still bitter over his 2010 post, and in fact know absolutely nothing else about the man.

Someone on RealGM put it perfectly in that the Laker dynasty days had in fact died with Dr. Buss, and all that remains are that the self-entitled fans and the media hype.
Just asked in another thread. Guy got endlessly ripped for Kyrie deal.

If Ainge called and offered him back for Nance, Clarkson, Zizic and Sexton how fast would Gilbert hang up.

And if the deal went down would Tatum and Brown offer to rent a plane to get Kyrie out of town?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TBF Gilbert is smarter, richer and a Trump supporter and Jeanie buss inherited her wealth and has no clue what she is doing.

I agree Gilbert got a lot of blame. I felt like Steven A was going to blame him for the lakers sucking this season. Also the Cavs players were vastly superior to anyone with a brain. They beat a 73 win team in the championship and these lakers players can't even make the playoffs!
Give that some time.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF the Cavs get a top 3 pick they will be in very very good shape moving forward.

If its Zion- I mean- LeBron will be counting down the days until he can return.

I am very interested in what the Cavs do next trade deadline.

They have 2 options

1. Roll over all their expiring contracts for more bad contracts and picks- like they did this year- except they will be primed to get even better assets as guys like TT, Clarkson, Henson (and maybe even Knight and Delly) should be able to all be solid role players on a playoff contender;

or

2. Let those guys expire and jump into free agency.

I am really not sure which way I would advocate. Both sides have interesting ups and downs. If they punt once again on their cap space they could without a doubt add a haul better than the one they got this summer to their future asset war chest. If they jump into free agency and "go for it" it will be a lot funner to watch the team come the following season---- but it might be premature to make that move.

I have faith that they will make the right choice. If they end up rolling it over and take on bad contracts for another year---- then that following year they will be absolutely primed--- but do we really want to have 3 bad years in a row?

I guess it depends on what pick we get- if we get Zion- I mean- its balls to the wall I would think.

If they get the 6th pick in the draft- which is a very real possibility- then maybe its roll over the cap space another year.
Only concern with the latter option is will stud FAs want to come here? I don't want them to pay max deals to guys who are not max players which is the other option.

I guess maybe they could be the only team with enough space to add 2 max players and a couple friends might want to come?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

IF Love can stay healthy not sure what type of decline he sees at 32. Not like his success was because of speed or athleticism.