• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Seattle Seahawks @ Jacksonville Jaguars

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing you blow up is the o-line coach. Cable needs to be axed.
I think what is much more important is to get a running back. Put a horse back there and he will get yards and everything besides defensive injuries is fixed. Wont happen this year though.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh...piss off.
You know what’s strange is that Snuggles seems to forget all the history before Carroll. He acts like going to the playoffs is no big deal, winning seasons are no big deal. Only Super Bowl wins are within his standards, everything else is a fail. Strange.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jags are a playoff team this year. They are pretty good and this was on their home turf and the Seahawks were injury riddled. Was a good effort IMO by the Seahawks. Got to beat those Rams some how despite the multiple injuries on defense. RW has got to sparkle in this game, even more then usual.
It was easy to see that the Jags D was very fast. They were very good in pass D and made running tough for us. Once Wags and Wright went down, we lost effectiveness. It would be expected.
If W&W can't play this week, we are in trouble. If they play I think we win.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what’s strange is that Snuggles seems to forget all the history before Carroll. He acts like going to the playoffs is no big deal, winning seasons are no big deal. Only Super Bowl wins are within his standards, everything else is a fail. Strange.
If he was a kid, I could see it but I don't think he is.
He is a plant.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that I can agree with. I think the team would have a much easier time finding a better offensive line coach than they would finding a better head coach. The only potential issue with that is that there would presumably come a shake-up with the scheme and/or personnel with that change and the offensive line has been so bad for so long that I wonder if people would have the patience to wait it out if all that newness didn't come with immediate positive results. That isn't to say that the team shouldn't do it anyway, but it's like being a Mariners fan in that the longer they're out of the playoffs, the more some people just want to blow it all up and start over, except when the team does blow it up and start over, those same people want faster results than it's realistic to expect. I hope that makes sense.

Rather then change OL coach I think the Seahawks should go to a power Blocking scheme. They seem to draft players suited for power blocking. If you listen to Carroll, Schneider, and Cable talk about OL and how they love them to fire off the line, you would swear they were running a power blocking scheme, rather then a zone blocking scheme that isn't so much about firing off the line and flatting the DL in front of you, but more of a technical thing that requires quickness and agility versus power. Time to give up on the zone blocking scheme IMO.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rather then change OL coach I think the Seahawks should go to a power Blocking scheme. They seem to draft players suited for power blocking. If you listen to Carroll, Schneider, and Cable talk about OL and how they love them to fire off the line, you would swear they were running a power blocking scheme, rather then a zone blocking scheme that isn't so much about firing off the line and flatting the DL in front of you, but more of a technical thing that requires quickness and agility versus power. Time to give up on the zone blocking scheme IMO.

WOW, so glad someone else brought this up. I said the same thing last season, and the Hawks did a lot of Man on man blocking in the middle of the season and it looked better but they went away from it. They never did it 100% of the time in a game but some guy on ESPN had them doing it like 20% of the time and with success.

Now do they keep Cable if they make the switch? Why would you that's not his thing.

Pocic is not a man on man type blocker though but maybe he can beef up in the offseason. He has looked ok ( maybe worse than ok but better than what we had before ) but he gets manhandled out there some times.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that I can agree with. I think the team would have a much easier time finding a better offensive line coach than they would finding a better head coach. The only potential issue with that is that there would presumably come a shake-up with the scheme and/or personnel with that change and the offensive line has been so bad for so long that I wonder if people would have the patience to wait it out if all that newness didn't come with immediate positive results. That isn't to say that the team shouldn't do it anyway, but it's like being a Mariners fan in that the longer they're out of the playoffs, the more some people just want to blow it all up and start over, except when the team does blow it up and start over, those same people want faster results than it's realistic to expect. I hope that makes sense.

I agree and completely understand where you're coming from. I don't have a problem waiting for results on a new scheme, we're still waiting for positive results from Cable's coaching :gaah:. Whether it works or not we have no idea but a fresh idea is a better answer then the current problem we have now. As an arm chair GM, my idea in the offseason is to raid one of the teams that has a top 5 or top 7 ranked o-line and see if we can get one of those assistant o-line coaches who's ready to move up to the main guy who runs/teaches the o-line. That is my hope.

Off topic about the M's...Spend the fucking money and try to buy a championship, it's been 17 awful years of shit baseball. Rant over about that.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think what is much more important is to get a running back. Put a horse back there and he will get yards and everything besides defensive injuries is fixed. Wont happen this year though.

This Davis kid looks good. I like having the combo of Davis and Mckissic. I love Rawls and Procise but injuries just keep them down which sucks because both had potential. Get an o-line that can open up some holes and our run game can once again dominate like it used to.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You know... I actually forgot about Snuggles. I've had him blocked for so long that I couldn't tell if he was still here or not. I got tired of figuratively banging my head against a wall whenever I came here. It got to the point where it wasn't fun to be here anymore. I've actually blocked a few people in the past year or so and it's made the forum so much more bearable. I don't think everybody has to agree with everyone else about everything, but you can only hear the same crap so many times before it either drives you insane or motivates you to find a way to ignore it. I keep saying it, and maybe people are tired of me saying it, but when this team does eventually stink again, we're gonna look back at this current run of success and wonder why we didn't enjoy it more when we had it.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree and completely understand where you're coming from. I don't have a problem waiting for results on a new scheme, we're still waiting for positive results from Cable's coaching :gaah:. Whether it works or not we have no idea but a fresh idea is a better answer then the current problem we have now. As an arm chair GM, my idea in the offseason is to raid one of the teams that has a top 5 or top 7 ranked o-line and see if we can get one of those assistant o-line coaches who's ready to move up to the main guy who runs/teaches the o-line. That is my hope.

Off topic about the M's...Spend the fucking money and try to buy a championship, it's been 17 awful years of shit baseball. Rant over about that.

I wouldn't be against a scheme change either, and it would probably be easier if Cable was the one who implemented it rather than getting a new coach in here to do, but if Cable doesn't want to change to more of a power blocking scheme despite getting players who would seem to fit that scheme better than the current scheme, then maybe it is time to get someone else in here.

The thing that actually makes things worse, and I believe it was mentioned on last week's broadcast, is that Cable is the run game coordinator in addition to being the offensive line coach. The problem is that neither of those things have been working very well for a while now.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

we didnt have a QB like wilson back then, we had garbage.

we are essentially wasting wilsons years with a piss poor offense and a OC that hasnt a clue what he is doing.

how often do the patriots or packers go scoreless in the first half? we do it on a consistent basis. im not sure how that is acceptable to the homers on here.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

we are essentially wasting wilsons years with a piss poor offense and a OC that hasnt a clue what he is doing.

how often do the patriots or packers go scoreless in the first half? we do it on a consistent basis. im not sure how that is acceptable to the homers on here.
A half of good/bad play is not what is important to me. The final score is what does it for me. I'm pretty sure a high scoring loss would fit your bill.
I have learned to take your words with a grain of salt. You see, I think you are a shill, a plant. Not a Seahawk fan but wants to come across as one so you can get under some of our's skins.
That is my perception of you, an anti fan. As you know, perception is right 99% of the time.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

and we didn't have an HC like we do now. He is the one you have called for his head numerous times.
Seahawk fan? We are on the verge of 6 double digit wins in a row. In our history we have had 5 double digit wins in total prior to Pete's arrival
GTFOH :D
Yeah, sure...wise move calling for Pete's head. LMAO fool.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A half of good/bad play is not what is important to me. The final score is what does it for me. I'm pretty sure a high scoring loss would fit your bill.
I have learned to take your words with a grain of salt. You see, I think you are a shill, a plant. Not a Seahawk fan but wants to come across as one so you can get under some of our's skins.
That is my perception of you, an anti fan. As you know, perception is right 99% of the time.

If we had better 1st half output maybe we are 11-2 instead of 8-5.

And you can think what you want, ive been a season ticket holder since the early 90s. I can post pictures of my superbowl tickets and from inside ford field.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we had better 1st half output maybe we are 11-2 instead of 8-5.

And you can think what you want, ive been a season ticket holder since the early 90s. I can post pictures of my superbowl tickets and from inside ford field.
Very good. I said that is my perception of you. One of our regulars said this week he has blocked you. Why in the world would a Seahawk fan block another one?
Here goes...
You remind me of myself. Years ago during the ESPN wars, I masqueraded as a fan of another team, for the sole purpose of pissing off their fans. It worked.
My mission was to post all things negative, from any angle I could think of. That particular team was quite successful, but I still had plenty to complain about. When there was little to complain of, I posted small positive comments just to appear as a fan.
Your posting style reminds me so much of that time in my life. It was fun though.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be against a scheme change either, and it would probably be easier if Cable was the one who implemented it rather than getting a new coach in here to do, but if Cable doesn't want to change to more of a power blocking scheme despite getting players who would seem to fit that scheme better than the current scheme, then maybe it is time to get someone else in here.

The thing that actually makes things worse, and I believe it was mentioned on last week's broadcast, is that Cable is the run game coordinator in addition to being the offensive line coach. The problem is that neither of those things have been working very well for a while now.

I feel the scheme change needs a fresh view from another voice. Cable has had many years here and the line just doesn't improve. I didn't realize he was the run game coordinator, so then I'll stand firm and say he needs to go and bring in two fresh faces to try and jump start these parts of the offense.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel the scheme change needs a fresh view from another voice. Cable has had many years here and the line just doesn't improve. I didn't realize he was the run game coordinator, so then I'll stand firm and say he needs to go and bring in two fresh faces to try and jump start these parts of the offense.

He might have to be pulled away by another team to make it happen. How many assistants have the Seahawks actually fired since Carroll and Schneider took over? Most of the ones that aren't here anymore either resigned, retired or were hired away by another team. Cable has another title with the team that I completely forgot about... his official title is Offensive Line and Assistant Head Coach. Even our coordinators don't have an Assistant Head Coach title. At this point, I think nothing short of a head coaching job will make him want to leave. Maybe an offensive coordinator job. That means that if the Hawks want him to move on, they're either gonna have to fire him outright or practically drool all over him when/if other teams ask about him.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't be against a new OL coach, but it's not going to happen. Pete and Cable are tight, they go back to Pete's USC days, when Pete was rebuilding his coaching career. When Cable was fired from the Raiders, he was a leading candidate to land another head coaching job ( 49ers were interested among others). Pete wasted no time, two weeks later Cable was hired as assistant head couch with a plush salary. So Cable isn't going any where unless he retires on his own.
I can understand everyone thinking Cable sucks, the OL has always been the weakest unit on the team. However many reasons for that besides or in addition to the coaching.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you are right harold, which is why if anything is going to change carroll will have to go.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you are right harold, which is why if anything is going to change carroll will have to go.

Pete's not going any where either until he decides to retire. He ushered in this golden era of Seahawks football. Until Pete arrived there was no SB championship, no repeat SBs, no automatic playoff team, no year after year of winning football. I'll be kind of depressed when Pete decides to hang it up, because I suspect the Seahawks will go back to being non factors in the NFL when that happens, at least for a while, could be a long while.