• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seattle Seahawks @ Carolina Panthers

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel the Seahawks did what a lot teams did. Protect their starters during the preseason, by hardly playing key players, to protect from injuries and it's a trade off, because that leads to having to get in sync during the regular season. Just look what is happening around the NFL today.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
O-line needs to play better. Russell needs to do a better job feeling the pocket. His tendency to randomly spin when he senses pressure was taken advantaged of today.

Overall...what a great effort by the defense. No Irvin, no Browner, no Clemons, no Avril...and we still played stout defense.

He was taking 5 step drops out of the shotgun. I don't care how strong your arm is (and some people {not Seahawks fans of course} say it's average). That just isn't going to work. He dropped the spin move he pulls off in the 2nd half, stayed in the pocket out of the shotgun, and attacked the middle of the field and the tides turned. I don't understand the play calling. He has that hight release and if they aren't clogging the passing lanes then he can hit that quick slant. They also fucked with his throwing motion which is a classic case of trying to fix something that obviously isn't broken. I understand that you always want to improve but maybe waiting until it's actually not working before tinkering with it is a better idea.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great day so far. Good round of golf at Jeffesron, heart attack in the 1st half but wonderful outcome to the Seahawks game. But now I'm contractually obligated to root for the 49ers because my wife is a die hard fan.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Post Game:

Seahawks played a hard game today, and Carolina played very well, especially on D. Offense has 370 yards, which was a feat they didn't get to until the Minnesota game last year, and only had 4 times (also each of our blow out wins at the end of the season).

Russell Wilson turned around what was a slow start and turned it into a great performance. I know he only had the 1 TD, but the offense kept the defense off the field for large stretches of the second half which helped them stay fresh in the heat. Another comeback win for Wilson, and that pass to Kearse was perfect.

Lynch didn't get many holes to run through, but his 14 yard run sealed the win. Turbin had the run that changed that drive that scored the winning TD.

Baldwin looked extremely good, and even Tate started getting open in the second half.

Defense actually played a good game. Only 243 yards allowed (119 passing) and 2 turnovers. They were the difference for the first 3 1/2 quarters and should be given the due they deserve.

Special teams coverage was as good as usual.They are so consistently good, that sometimes it's just accepted.

Penalties nearly lost this game. The Panthers final drive was 30 yards longer because of two bad ones, and if it weren't for the fumble, we may be talking about how that last drive ended in a FG (or didn't). That has been a huge concern for the last couple seasons. Always compete has at times lead to being too aggressive.

Williams ended with 5.0 ypc, but I was really happy about how the stuffed him most of the game. The D was gassed that last drive, and if not for that he was close to 3.

Carolina ran only 50 plays despite having the ball 29:46. They really took the play clock down to 1 on nearly every play. It allowed them to have control of the clock most of the game, but not sure if it really worked for them. It really just let the defense get set and some wind. Completely different than last year when they averaged nearly 62 plays a game.

Steve Smith and Greg Olson put up good numbers, but it really showed that either Cam doesn't throw it to anyone else, or that there really wasn't any other options. Either way, the Panthers will need to find a way to get someone else involved in the passing game.

Just some quick thoughts at the end of the game, I'll probably rewatch the game later this week.

Good Game Hawks!

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My game ball goes to Wilson of course. Not only for the game winning scoring drive, but maybe just as important he got the first downs we needed to seal the deal on the last drive. That was a great performance for him to open. Road game and a terrible offense combined with no effective running and he still breaks 300y passing? MVP of the game right there folks.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was surprised to only see one expert pick Carolina in a home game. I thought it'd be more like a 70/30 split, not a 95/5 split or whatever. What I was MORE shocked by was seeing EVERYONE pick the 9ers.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey stoker, first the cougs and now the hawks. Great weekend or what?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
It's a very important win for our Seahawks in some ways. I think the Jaguars are our third opponent so today's win almost guarantees that we start the season at least 2-1.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.... Congrats, Hawk fans -> was a good game. You got a glimpse of what drives us Panther fans crazy, with our inability to finish close games (that fumble was about as dramatic an example as you're going to get). Wilson played really well in the second half. As I predicted, you guys were missing Irvin out there.

GG man... You guy's have a good defense no question so that's a solid thing to build on... I think you guy's are gonna have a winning season ... You guy's stifled our running game.. I was seriously not expecting that.. Very good defense ...

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey stoker, first the cougs and now the hawks. Great weekend or what?

5-0 (Cougs (WSU), Aggies (USU), Eagles (EWU), Cougs (BYU) & Seahawks)

I've loved football this weekend, even if my high school team lost on friday!

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure I really needed to see the game, just reading the 9ers board, I could have gotten all the updates I needed about the Seahawks game. To be fair to them, they were talking about nearly every game that was going on, but man were some just getting sick over the end of the Hawks game.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure I really needed to see the game, just reading the 9ers board, I could have gotten all the updates I needed about the Seahawks game. To be fair to them, they were talking about nearly every game that was going on, but man were some just getting sick over the end of the Hawks game.

I'm sure they were getting their hopes up. Now it's our turn to hope for a upset.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats on the win, fellas. :suds:

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5-0 (Cougs (WSU), Aggies (USU), Eagles (EWU), Cougs (BYU) & Seahawks)

I've loved football this weekend, even if my high school team lost on friday!

Not sure why you dont use your vcash. WSU was the easy college game. I can't stand the Cougs but USC has the worst QB's in a major conference

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Family obligation kept me from being able to watch it live, but got it DVRd so watch it this afternoon.

I'll take the W no matter what. Nice to see Kearse with the game winner. Perfect that we can take that W back to Seattle and get ready for Armageddon week.

Go Hawks!!! :suds: