• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks vs Cowboys

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're wrong, it's obvious the Packer defender had his hands on the ball first

That does not matter. Just because you have your hands 'on the ball' does not mean it's a catch. NFL rule states (found it for you because you're clearly uneducated and wouldn't go find it yourself - even with me posting this I honestly doubt you'll read the rules):

[FONT=&quot]Article 3 Completed or Intercepted Pass.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] A player who makes a catch may advance the ball. A forward [/FONT][FONT=&quot]pass is complete (by the offense) or intercepted (by the defense) if a player, who is inbounds: [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot](a) secures control of the ball in his hands or arms p[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]rior to the ball touching the ground; and [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot](b) touches the ground inbounds with both feet or wi[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]th any part of his body other than his hands[/FONT][FONT=&quot]; and [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot](c) maintains control of the ball long enough, after[/FONT][FONT=&quot] (a) and (b) have been fulfilled, to enable him to perform any act common to the game (i.e., maintaining[/FONT][FONT=&quot] control long enough to pitch it, pass it,[/FONT][FONT=&quot] advance with it, or avoid or ward off an opponent, etc[/FONT][FONT=&quot]). [/FONT]

Sportsdude101 is what I call a sheeple. The announcers and majority fanbase concluded it was an interception immediately after the game, THEY MUST BE RIGHT! Go watch the tape, Golden Tate's feet clearly hit the ground before the moron Packers player who didn't bat it down and he had both hands on it as well.

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disregard the tape for a minute, why did 2 refs standing 5 feet apart come up with different conclusions?

Check out this video I put together a couple of years ago. It shows all the views I was able to find of this catch, including the closest view of the ref that called 'no catch' and the one that called 'TD'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLQV3zl4F1M

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey guys! It's 2014! Looks like some folks forgot.

This game will go a long ways towards letting us know if the 4 wins the 'boys have so far are just a quick start towards their normal 8-8 or not.

jctoo

cult elitist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How are the Cowboys being overrated? Because of morons like Skip Bayless? I don't think anybody is proclaiming Dallas a SB favorite or anything. The Cowboys are mostly being praised for sticking to the run game for the first time since Marion Barber was a beast. Not that the Cowboys are elite or anything, but I've seen elite teams eek out wins against so-so teams. I'm sure Seattle will have their fair share of games this season that they eek out against so-so teams. Hell, was Seattle even that impressive against Washington coming off a bye? Coming off a bye, I expected Seattle to completely murder Washington, but they came out and committed a ridiculous amount of stupid penalties and blew coverages that kept the game close, which was something I didn't expect. If not for Russell Wilson having an all-time great MNF game, who knows how that game would have ended.

Funny ... I was basically commenting on the Boys being number 6 in the power ratings ... and in my opinion ... that is grossly overrated ... as for Skip ... just this once and only this time, I agree with him, Dallas is overrated ...

As for Seattle against Washington ... they were due for a half-ass game ... it happens.

jctoo

cult elitist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
G&G was fun trolling our board. I found it comical to hear someone say they take both winning and losing in stride. If I was on the Dallas board and said I take losing in stride as a Seahawk fan, I would expect a negative response from that.
I promise to get over myself if you do as well.
Thanks about the props on the car. I bought it in `94 and it still hangs around. It is named Old Slappy.

winning and losing ... can't get to full of ourselves ... cause just when you think you've turned a corner, you've actually made a U-turn ...

I would dearly love to have one, but the are out of reach at the present ... C'est La Vie ...

jctoo

cult elitist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone is free to post to the Seahawks board, but as with all other team boards on this site fans of other teams should be sticking to the facts and not being insulting or overly negative.

If you want real back and forth it should be on the general board where everyone is on equal footing.

Same goes for the Cowboys board. Seahawk fans can chime in on what you all are talking about there, but any trolling/attacking/name calling/etc and they should be booted. The too are free to engage in some of that on the general board right along with your fans.

hmmmm ... I guess your definition of trolling varies from mine. So far, I haven't seen any true trolling except the members of the Dallas boards ... those guys troll there own and are vicious about it. as for here, nada ...

and there has been little if any name calling or attacking here ... something nasty must have gone down for ya'll to be so damn fired up about a little fan bantering ...

maybe I belong elsewhere ...

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh gawd. We have been overrun with Bandwagon Cowboys fans.

You guys are like 49ers fans. Live in the past.

We here live in present.

Yeah we got only 1 SB trophy but when was that??????

and when was your guys last championship??????????????????

jctoo

cult elitist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We here live in present.

SEE PEEPS ... NO TRASH TALK HERE ... AT ALL

:L

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We here live in present.

please shut the fuck up

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Seahawks board needed a thread like this to liven things up. It's all good.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny ... I was basically commenting on the Boys being number 6 in the power ratings ... and in my opinion ... that is grossly overrated ... as for Skip ... just this once and only this time, I agree with him, Dallas is overrated ...

As for Seattle against Washington ... they were due for a half-ass game ... it happens.

It's good your guy's are focusing on the run though ... Good defense good running game usually = playoffs unless your qb is completely inept which in that case it's tough to run the ball because there will be 8 in the box on a regular basis.. It's all about balance... I think your Cowboy's have improved with there better O-line play.... I want to see your D get tested though... I"m not totally sold on the Cowboy's defense ... Possession time has kinda protected them... Good game on Sunday man.... Looking forward to it...

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hmmmm ... I guess your definition of trolling varies from mine. So far, I haven't seen any true trolling except the members of the Dallas boards ... those guys troll there own and are vicious about it. as for here, nada ...

and there has been little if any name calling or attacking here ... something nasty must have gone down for ya'll to be so damn fired up about a little fan bantering ...

maybe I belong elsewhere ...

Where did I say you were actually trolling? :noidea:

All I did was share why the general board is a better place for real back and forth as there will always be people too sensitive on team boards to handle it.

We have let a lot of things slide on this board and always have.

As for the cowboys board, yeah that place is often a dumpster fire. Haven't been to it in a few weeks, but I've seen some the insanity and in-fighting up there. Y'all be some crazy assholes up in there.

jctoo

cult elitist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where did I say you were actually trolling? :noidea:

All I did was share why the general board is a better place for real back and forth as there will always be people too sensitive on team boards to handle it.

We have let a lot of things slide on this board and always have.

As for the cowboys board, yeah that place is often a dumpster fire. Haven't been to it in a few weeks, but I've seen some the insanity and in-fighting up there. Y'all be some crazy assholes up in there.

I never said that you said that I said that you said that ... I'm lost ... but I will say, iffn' you want a private board for only the fans, things can get a little ... um ... incestuous and/or inbred ... gotta' have some "different" blood ... now as to the Cowboy threads ... when I first arrived here, that bunch damn near exploded. Haven't seen anything like it.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks were 6-2 last year on the road.... 7-2 counting the Super Bowl...

If records meant anything, the Cowboys wouldn't be getting trashed as much as they are. I'm talking about how Seattle looks in road games, not about their record. They look completely different than how they play at home and this isn't really debatable. You look at other great teams in the NFL like the Broncos and 49ers and they aren't drastically different on the road from the way they play at home like Seattle is.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are a few team boards that are total dumpster fires. We have our share of whiners and bitchers, but nothing like those.

We had a few regular 49'er posters before that board blew up and several folks left. Actually miss a couple of them as they always had some great input.

Can't say i have any issues with any of the cowboy fans that have poked their heads in here. I know of at least one of your base that wouldn't be stupid enough to post in here, but every base has their village idiot.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So thank god this game is at home? :noidea:

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand why both fan bases have some things going on to feel good about this game. Dallas is 4-1 and their offense has been pretty darned good this year so far. And everyone knows about Seattle's play at home.

I don't feel good about this game. For starters, the game is in Seattle and Seattle doesn't lose there. That's the main issue. Then there's the fact that McClain might not play and Bruce Carter probably won't play. Without them, our front 7 is horrible and we would have nobody like Carter that could spy Wilson. Then there's the fact that we are still without our 2nd round pick DE, Anthony Spencer is still not 100%, and Melton is not 100%. Though our defense has been improved this year, it has plenty of room to grow, but all of these injuries are making it hard for the unit to completely mesh. I don't like our chances of stopping Seattle.

Seattle leads the league in covering ATS at home in the Pete Carroll era. So not only do they win at home, but they don't have many unexpected close calls doing it. As an aside, they are dead last in the league in covering on the road so while they have been winning on the road lately, they have more ugly wins than convincing ones.

I've already pointed out Seattle's defense is #1 vs the run and Dallas is in the bottom third. Both teams want to run to establish their offense. Not only because it's at home, but because of those trends, you have to give at least an edge to Seattle in the running game on both sides.

If they keep Murray to under 75y rushing they will be forcing Romo to take on the LOB in a very loud and inhospitable place. Bad things are bound to happen.
Just let me point out that Seattle has faced four opponents that can't run the football. The Chargers are 27th in rushing yards per game, the Redskins are 21st, the Broncos are 29th, and the Packers are 25th. So I really don't understand why Seattle fans keep bringing up their #1 run defense. They haven't faced any rushing attack that is in the top half of the league. The Cowboys will be far and away the best rushing attack they have faced. Now this doesn't mean that Seattle can't shut down Dallas' run game. I actually expect it to happen because I expect Seattle to take our running game away by scoring offensively on our defense. And that will indeed put tons of pressure on Romo in a tough environment. I agree with you there. I just don't agree that you can harp on Seattle's run defense yet. We really don't know if it is as good as their ranking because they have only really faced passing teams. Which also would explain why they are 22nd against the pass. We all know their secondary is their strength defensively and that ranking is a product of the passing attacks they've faced.

Now people want to talk about the 'slow start' or Seattle just not firing on all cylinders. So far they have faced Rodgers, Manning, and Rivers with Romo coming up next. Anyone else in the league face that level of offense already and beat 2 out of 3?

Our fans all knew we had a front loaded schedule and honestly that was before anyone even dared think Dallas would be good. This is the best offense left on the schedule for the rest of the entire year for Seattle. Think about that hawks fans. This team won't see another offense near this good for the remainder of the schedule.

So all of this worry about the pass rush, turnovers, etc are skewed when looking at last years overall season numbers. There will be games coming up later where Seattle is going to do what they do and destroy teams. You just can't look at the season numbers and read too much into it with the teams they have played.
No doubt Seattle has faced great competition to start this season with the exception of the Redskins. The only thing Seattle fans really need to worry about is the difficulty of repeating in the NFL and getting most team's best shot, which comes with the territory of being champions.

Not blowing out Washington? I've read a few Cowboys fans hanging their hats on that. Always makes me wonder what kind of experience they have watching NFL games, because it's not only normal for teams to play very differently week to week, it's more the rule. All teams are different at home than on the road and that's just how it is. However, while Seattle wasn't that sharp in a few areas like presnap penalties, take back just one of the 3-4 really bad calls by the refs and the game ends 34-17. Is that more what was expected? Because Seattle played well enough to end that way. I mean bad calls happen in the NFL and that too is the norm so the fact that Seattle still had a double digit win on the road across to the other side of the country in prime time with sloppy play AND seriously bad calls that took at least 14 points off the board tells me they are doing a lot more right than wrong.
I don't know why any Cowboy fan would hang their hat on that unless this game were being played in Dallas and not the best homefield advantage in the NFL. I agree, all teams are different at home than on the road, but not to the extreme like Seattle and New Orleans. Their splits are vastly different home/away. As far as the officiating this past Monday, I don't believe those were bad calls. Seattle committed a penalty on every one of those TDs that were called back, so they should not have counted. They won the game. No sense in worrying about how much worse the score should have looked. Style points are only needed in college football, not the NFL.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So thank god this game is at home? :noidea:

Not really. The Cowboys aren't a great home team, and apparently not enough come to the home games anymore. Seattle could definitely win in Dallas, but I would give Dallas a 55% chance of winning against Seattle in Dallas, because Seattle is just not the same team on the road as they are at home. I give Dallas a 5% chance of winning this week, and that 5% is only because of the "any given Sunday" rule.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talk about rankings all you want but Eddie Lacy is a beast of a runner, much like our own. I'd put him high on the list of RBs I'd want starting on my team. It's not like we've only faced backup running backs all year.

DeMarco Murray is making a name for himself so far and like I said earlier, I think he's your biggest and most consistent threat.

Dallas would be wise to use their run game heavily, but Seattle should be keying in on the RB, trying to shut down the run game. I think Seattle's D is better than any offense focused on running, so that puts the pressure on Dallas' passing game to beat the Legion of Boom, and, while I give Dez Bryant and Terrance Williams credit, how can you bet against this secondary?

If Dallas wins, I think it's because Jason Witten has a huge game against our LBs in coverage. This is how SD beat us, and that's the last time I can remember this team being outplayed apart from creating our own mistakes, like in Washington.