• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks vs Cowboys

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game looks like a much better match up then I thought it would at the start of the year. It's going to get lots of attention IMO from the media. Myself, I think the Seahawks come out looking much better then they did against the Seahawks, mostly because I think they'll be pumped up for this game.

Looking for the Seahawks offense to make way less mistakes then they did Monday night, and air it out a bit more, once they have established the run. On defense the Seahawks will have their hands full, but I'm looking for TOs from the Cowboys, either from Murray or Romo, maybe both.:rollseyes:

So what are your thoughts about this game?

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO it's all about Murray. Only 3 runningbacks have put up 5 games to start the season with over 100 yards (Murray/Simpson/Brown) so IMO Murray is due for a dud. Add to the fact Seattle has been quite impressive this year against the run.

Romo IMO doesn't have the mental toughness to deal with the crowd noise and atmosphere of CLINK.

I actually expect this to be a blowout with 3-4 turnovers from Dallas (mostly by Romo). I expected the Skins game to be close (24-21 type game) and it somewhat was.

Dallas just really isn't that great of a team and they haven't played anyone decent... with exception of the 49ers (lost) and the Saints (@ Dallas) who have forgotten how to tackle and are making every game look like the Quake Run.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO it's all about Murray. Only 3 runningbacks have put up 5 games to start the season with over 100 yards (Murray/Simpson/Brown) so IMO Murray is due for a dud. Add to the fact Seattle has been quite impressive this year against the run.

Romo IMO doesn't have the mental toughness to deal with the crowd noise and atmosphere of CLINK.

I actually expect this to be a blowout with 3-4 turnovers from Dallas (mostly by Romo). I expected the Skins game to be close (24-21 type game) and it somewhat was.

Dallas just really isn't that great of a team and they haven't played anyone decent... with exception of the 49ers (lost) and the Saints (@ Dallas) who have forgotten how to tackle and are making every game look like the Quake Run.
The Cowboys will give Seattle a tough game. Home field advantage gives Seattle a slight edge.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cowboys will give Seattle a tough game. Home field advantage gives Seattle a slight edge.

I'm not sold on Dallas and there defense yet... They haven't been properly tested...

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sold on Dallas and there defense yet... They haven't been properly tested...

I'm not sold on the Cowboys either, especially their defense. I think the Seahawks give them the full monte offensively this game. Cowboys on offense will start strong then wilt. That's just a hunch on my part, but I do think that is how the game will go.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I can understand some of the chest thumping by Dallas fans who've been desperate for anything to cheer about with Jerrah in control, it's amazing how many have instantly jumped on the bandwagon considering the competition they've faced in those Ws and annointing this team as something actually legit.

Sunday it's reality time. Finally facing a team with an offensive pulse, their D is going to get blasted. On the other side of the ball, Murray gets limited just enough, Dallas will be forced to go to turnover machine Romo. That's when it will all be on display. The reality of how world class bad Dallas still is.

I'm actually thrilled Dallas fans have some hope right now. Will make the end result this Sunday all the more sweeter.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I can understand some of the chest thumping by Dallas fans who've been desperate for anything to cheer about with Jerrah in control, it's amazing how many have instantly jumped on the bandwagon considering the competition they've faced in those Ws and annointing this team as something actually legit.

Sunday it's reality time. Finally facing a team with an offensive pulse, their D is going to get blasted. On the other side of the ball, Murray gets limited just enough, Dallas will be forced to go to turnover machine Romo. That's when it will all be on display. The reality of how world class bad Dallas still is.

I'm actually thrilled Dallas fans have some hope right now. Will make the end result this Sunday all the more sweeter.

Don't forget...Murray has a fumbling problem, he may save Romo from some of those interception.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just amazed at how fast they jumped back on the Jerrah and Garrett bandwagon. Unreal considering what a dumpster fire they've been for YEARS. That fanbase deserves Jerrah. It's like the most extreme example of battered wife syndrome.

Last edited by a moderator:

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anything is possible, but this sets up fairly well for them. They know they have things to work on and that this is a potent team coming in. Dallas isn't desperate and while hungry, I don't see them firing on all cylinders. Seattle has been very good against the run and Dallas has lived by it. How effective is Romo going to be on the road when the running game is taken away? I will be stunned if there aren't at least 2-3 turnovers by them in this game.

This is a home game and that makes all the difference in the world. There will be some great match ups out there worth seeing. Dez against any of the LOB. Irvin and Bennett going after Romo. Harvin going after their DB's. Lynch doing his thing. What's not to love?

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every time I think the battered spouse syndrome big D fans, I think of this. Watch the vicious cycle of self-inflicted abuse unfold. From rage in the beginning to hopelessness & acceptance by the end.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifE6XkqMX9g]Dallas Cowboys look pathetic vs the Seahawks - YouTube[/ame]

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect Seattle to jump out early and fast and put up a quick 10 pts. The mistakes the o-line made against the Skins will be back on track, some of those drop int's will be caught, and I think Murray will get his yards but nothing explosive. Dallas played a tough game against Houston and Fitzpatrick and just squeeked by so I think they get brought back to earth in a big way.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect Seattle to jump out early and fast and put up a quick 10 pts. The mistakes the o-line made against the Skins will be back on track, some of those drop int's will be caught, and I think Murray will get his yards but nothing explosive. Dallas played a tough game against Houston and Fitzpatrick and just squeeked by so I think they get brought back to earth in a big way.

I agree. We got to go 42-13 on them in this game. Come out pedal to the floor and never let up. Especially after what Jerrah said about the Seahawks during the preseason. Just massacre them for the sake of it.

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be going to this game. Looking forward to it!

BSUSeahawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas is fools gold IMO. Beat up weak teams, got smoked at home by SF.

Slow down Murray and we should have no problem winning this game at home.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, you guys haven't been impressed with Dallas? They had one bad half against the 49ers and another against the Rams but other than that they have been solid. Their defense has been several orders of magnitude better than I thought it was going to be this year. They have an explosive offense and if Seattle struggles to put points on the board when given good field position like they did against Washington this game will get very interesting.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, you guys haven't been impressed with Dallas? They had one bad half against the 49ers and another against the Rams but other than that they have been solid. Their defense has been several orders of magnitude better than I thought it was going to be this year. They have an explosive offense and if Seattle struggles to put points on the board when given good field position like they did against Washington this game will get very interesting.

Defenses are entirely different critters on the road without the crowd behind them. So far the brokebacks have only played two road games: Only allowed 10 against the Titans, but that team was a train wreck. They allowed 31 by the Rams who we all know took a huge hit on their offense with the loss of their starting QB.

I don't know what happened to NO, but they aren't the saints of recent years. Still, holding them to 17 at home was a nice test of their D, but they haven't had anything like the road test they are about to face.

Let me ask you this: Take the bad calls away from the last game. Seattle scores at least 34 and likely 41. Would a final score of 34-17 in that game leave you feeling more confident? Because they played well enough to get that despite their self inflicted wounds.

Fix even half of the motion/encroachment penalties and you score more. Take back the phantom head bob by Unger, the odd false start on Percy, and the unbelievable call on Carpenter and it's a total blow out with the very same effort.

That game was far more of a pure and total domination than the final score showed. You have cowboy fans all over the internet laughing about the final score and saying Seattle is a joke. They obviously didn't watch the game.

Seattle has the best special teams in the league and no one else is even close.

Their defense has been solid all year outside of the one game where field temps were registering at 120 degrees. The few issues they do have with thinness in the secondary hasn't cost them many points.

I expect the offense to look more like the ones we saw against GB given it's at home.

Both teams want to run first right? Seattle's D is 1st in the NFL in run defense. Dallas is near the bottom. In fact in average yards per run play attempt they are second worst in the NFL at 5.2yards a carry! In that stat Seattle is also #1 at just 2.6yards a carry. Yards per game? Seattle gives up 62 while Dallas gives up 122. On the converse of that Seattle actually has more yards per game and more yards per carry on offensive rushing than they do. And they haven't faced a team as tough as Seattle's rushing attack.

Both of their passing defenses are similar in average stats.

When you look at who both teams have faced and how their units have done in them, this game stacks up quite well for Seattle particularly because it's at home.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas' run game has been impressive so far, but apart form SF who beat them, they haven't played a team like the Seahawks.

Their defense has been atrocious and our offense has been pretty damned good so far this year.

We will focus on stopping DeMarco Murray and force Tony Romo ( :pound: ) to beat us.

I'll be there in person to help the cause

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just amazed at how fast they jumped back on the Jerrah and Garrett bandwagon. Unreal considering what a dumpster fire they've been for YEARS. That fanbase deserves Jerrah. It's like the most extreme example of battered wife syndrome.

I'm still skeptical especially considering they give up the most yards/play. The offense - no problem. The defense seems more smoke and mirrors right now.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still skeptical especially considering they give up the most yards/play. The offense - no problem. The defense seems more smoke and mirrors right now.
I don't believe the defense either, and I wouldn't say "no problem" about the offense, because, while I do believe DeMarco Murray is a great RB, Tony Romo has absolutely proven to this point that he will blow games.

So shaky defense + shaky QB + quality RB / Century Link Field = Seahawks win