• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Seahawks @ Cards, Final Game - Heavy Playoff Implications

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So both top teams in the div sputter into the playoffs and the whiners end up backdooring their way in.

Seems legit.

It'll all come down to the Packers, Bucs, and even Cowboys. Everyone else sucks. Oh, and who's the other loser team that got in? Oh yah the Philadelphia Cream Cheese.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AH Jesus Tibia is bad..... I knew a skier (interviewed them for a High School report) that damaged her Tibia and it took easily a year+ to recover. It's a MAJOR injury. I realize she wont have the care Diggs will with the Seahawks medical staff/doctors.... but that's a possible career ender. No way he'll get the large contract he would've gotten.

Too bad.
Just depends. Locket‘s was a clean break and it only takes 6-8 weeks for bone to heal. All depends on the soft tissue.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just for anyone who cares, our draft pick would've been 10th if we didn't give it to the Jets.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just for anyone who cares, our draft pick would've been 10th if we didn't give it to the Jets.

Well I mean it still kind of is for our 2nd/3rd rounders. That said, it's a pretty heavily minded defensive draft with namely DL/CB in the early 1st, so it would've been nice to have the 1st and 4th rounders...

Hopefully Jamal recovers from injury and we see a better value end of day than what we gave up. With Diggs now likely gone and Adams set to return at the start of the season, we may need all the safety help we can get. Again Adams was NOT the problem in coverage. I've pretty much set my brain status to 'incompetent, ignore that person' to everyone saying that.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Hawks Paid a 23rd pick and a 10th pick in the first round and the 86th pick over all then add in Bradley McDougald a fine not great Safety ( someone they could have been fine with for another season ) For Jamal Adams. There is NO WAY he ever lives up to that capital and value given up. He would have to be one of the greatest safety ever for the remainder of his career and they would all have to be with the Hawks.

Sorry Jamal Adams was the biggest Missed trade on this team, even bigger than the Jimmy Graham trade and it's not even close. Even the Harvin trade was awful but not this bad ( first-round draft choice and a seventh-round pick in 2013 and a third-round pick in 2014).

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even though the Hawks won it sure ended on a big sour note. Hope for a fast recovery from Diggs. I was in the Bathroom when it happened, glad I didn't see it.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are going to need to give Penny something decent as a contract. Certainly include some injury protections but the guy is a home run hitter.

Definitely need to bring in another reliable back as well that can ground and pound.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are going to need to give Penny something decent as a contract. Certainly include some injury protections but the guy is a home run hitter.

Definitely need to bring in another reliable back as well that can ground and pound.

It's bitter sweet. We as in all of us know he can play but we also know he can't stay even slightly healthy. :gaah:

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Hawks Paid a 23rd pick and a 10th pick in the first round and the 86th pick over all then add in Bradley McDougald a fine not great Safety ( someone they could have been fine with for another season ) For Jamal Adams. There is NO WAY he ever lives up to that capital and value given up. He would have to be one of the greatest safety ever for the remainder of his career and they would all have to be with the Hawks.

Sorry Jamal Adams was the biggest Missed trade on this team, even bigger than the Jimmy Graham trade and it's not even close.
Even the Harvin trade was awful but not this bad ( first-round draft choice and a seventh-round pick in 2013 and a third-round pick in 2014).

Okay, please put the bong and Tequila down.

With Graham Seattle traded an all pro Center coming off a Super Bowl team a couple years back and a 1st round for a 29 year old pure receiving tight end (who was played 70%+ of the snaps as a WR) only to focus on him BLOCKING during the offseason and regular season. Max Unger played VERY well mind you for the Saints before injury.

At least Jamal Adams was respectable with the passer rating allowed. If you watched even half the games this year with any sort of sound mind, 90% of the time when he was screaming, it was at our dumbass linebackers or terrible corners for being out of position non-stop or not knowing how to read a basic zone.

Yah did he make a couple easy missed interceptions? Yep. But given both 1st round picks were SUPPOSED to be late (one was, and the other was really a big result of Wilson's finger), there's zero chance you'd get an impact player like that at the position. I blame our coaching staff MAJORLY for a) not supporting a cover 3 (outside of Diggs) with the worst linebacker coverage crew ever assembled, b) trading for a guy who is MEANT to be the cover 3 SS while you drop him deep 24/7, and c) running non-stop stupid ass zones with ZERO pass rush or any sort of fuckin' scheme.

And after Jamal Adams left? The points allowed starting piling up, against the MIGHTY Bears, Lions, and Cards (without star offensive players). Said it before and I'll say it again. Jamal Adams is the LAST thing wrong with this defense or what Seattle has done in draft/free agency over the last few years.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Diggs suffered a broken leg AND a dislocated ankle...

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sharkonabicycle said:
Said it before and I'll say it again. Jamal Adams is the LAST thing wrong with this defense or what Seattle has done in draft/free agency over the last few years.
. Ill have two of whatever he is having

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordyn Brooks finished 2nd in total tackles with 184, tying Byron Evans and Ray Lewis for 10th all time.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Happy to serve ya *unzips pants*
Mothers Day Lol GIF by reactionseditor

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, please put the bong and Tequila down.

With Graham Seattle traded an all pro Center coming off a Super Bowl team a couple years back and a 1st round for a 29 year old pure receiving tight end (who was played 70%+ of the snaps as a WR) only to focus on him BLOCKING during the offseason and regular season. Max Unger played VERY well mind you for the Saints before injury.

At least Jamal Adams was respectable with the passer rating allowed. If you watched even half the games this year with any sort of sound mind, 90% of the time when he was screaming, it was at our dumbass linebackers or terrible corners for being out of position non-stop or not knowing how to read a basic zone.

Yah did he make a couple easy missed interceptions? Yep. But given both 1st round picks were SUPPOSED to be late (one was, and the other was really a big result of Wilson's finger), there's zero chance you'd get an impact player like that at the position. I blame our coaching staff MAJORLY for a) not supporting a cover 3 (outside of Diggs) with the worst linebacker coverage crew ever assembled, b) trading for a guy who is MEANT to be the cover 3 SS while you drop him deep 24/7, and c) running non-stop stupid ass zones with ZERO pass rush or any sort of fuckin' scheme.

And after Jamal Adams left? The points allowed starting piling up, against the MIGHTY Bears, Lions, and Cards (without star offensive players). Said it before and I'll say it again. Jamal Adams is the LAST thing wrong with this defense or what Seattle has done in draft/free agency over the last few years.

remove your mouth off the vodka bottle and try to be sober for 5 minutes of the football season. You sir have and I am sorry to say this been one of the more clueless posters when it comes to football intellect and one of the most wishy washy ones also. You are either hot or cold when it comes to things and you have been riding Jamal's Jock since he got here. He has NOT even came CLOSE to playing at the level we all expected and he also has not been healthy. In two seasons with the Hawks he has missed 9 games. Thats almost Penny bad lol ok not really but it's still bad.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordyn Brooks finished 2nd in total tackles with 184, tying Byron Evans and Ray Lewis for 10th all time.
I really like Brooks but that total tackles number is a bit deceiving. We may have allowed the most offensive plays in NFL history this year.