• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Seahawks @ Cards, Final Game - Heavy Playoff Implications

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
remove your mouth off the vodka bottle and try to be sober for 5 minutes of the football season. You sir have and I am sorry to say this been one of the more clueless posters when it comes to football intellect and one of the most wishy washy ones also. You are either hot or cold when it comes to things and you have been riding Jamal's Jock since he got here. He has NOT even came CLOSE to playing at the level we all expected and he also has not been healthy. In two seasons with the Hawks he has missed 9 games. Thats almost Penny bad lol ok not really but it's still bad.

Jeez dude, calm down.

I agree Jamal Adams has not been a great return at this point, especially with the contract given in the offseason and injury issues. I blame quite a bit of that on a 'wishy washy' (as you put it) supporting cast and an even more clueless coaching staff... please tell me (and to quote your words) how Jimmy Graham was a better one? LOL.

In terms of health, okay? That's a risk with any player. Adams was one of the highest graded safeties with the Jets the last 2 years he was there.... and then he came to Seattle and immediately saw a spike downwards? K, so that's his fault... not our absolute shit defense and one of the worst DCs in the league. "BUT THEY ARE A TOP 10 DEFENSE BECAUSE OF POINTS ALLOWED!" Mmmhmm, and one of the worst defenses in yards allowed, zero clue how to play a mid zone, one of the worst pass rushes... all because Seattle wants to keep their defense on the field for 40 minutes a game in a perma prevent/deep zone.

The Jimmy Graham trade was even okay... and the injury sucked, until Seattle was like, "Let's take a guy who's horrible at blocking and split out 70% of the time, and try to make him block and be a traditional TE!" Similar to what's happening here. "Let's take a guy who's DECENT in coverage (and he is, not elite, but decent) and excels at tackling, playing at the LOS, and blitzing, and drop him deep in coverage 24/7."

Hell, maybe we're saying the same thing. It was a stupid trade given the inept coaching staff we have to utilize players the correct way that we trade for. I'll give you that. Is that the player's fault or fault they got injured (like Penny)? No. Let's say we drafted top 10 this year and our guy Malik McDowelled it up, while the Jets traded all their Seattle ammo and their own 3rd round pick for a guard who was... OKAY!? (which they did) So you'd take that over Adams... K... okay bro.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This would be amazing if true...

View attachment 286435

That's good news. Will be interesting to see how much he'll command in salary. I think there's a # of teams that will be willing to pay him pretty highly given how poor Seattle's pass rush was and what he could do with a better one.

Hope it works out for him. What a rough way for him to end the season. Last game on a contract year. Oof.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This would be amazing if true...

View attachment 286435

Thank god, this is almost best case here. fingers crossed, Diggs has balled out and even surpassed what I thought he could do. He has been playing faster than that 4.56 out there. I think he just understands the defense better so he can just now play faster, lowering his reaction time and improving his instincts after week 6. He has been off the charts better than i expected.

Last edited:

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really like Brooks but that total tackles number is a bit deceiving. We may have allowed the most offensive plays in NFL history this year.

That extra game got him into the top 10, and it probably put Seattle's defense in that top spot for most plays against. Otherwise, it wouldn't have, since we weren't even in the top 10 worst in that category. Not even the worst in Seahawks history (1137 in 1998 as opposed to 1129 this year after 16). Today's game pops Seattle over 1200 plays (a first in NFL history).

That said, Brooks still made the stop on 15.3% of all Seahawks plays. It's an accomplishment he should be congratulated for.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whats crazy is Bobby Wagner basically missed 2 full games and still was only 9 off the league leader. Bobby and Brooks had good seasons, Was expected from Bobby and was a nice surprise from Brooks. I think Bobby would have ended the season around 188-192 had he played the last two.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whats crazy is Bobby Wagner basically missed 2 full games and still was only 9 off the league leader. Bobby and Brooks had good seasons, Was expected from Bobby and was a nice surprise from Brooks. I think Bobby would have ended the season around 188-192 had he played the last two.
League leader had 192, after 13 tackles today. But, yeah, Bobby could've gotten to 192 I think if he hadn't missed the last 2 games.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
League leader had 192, after 13 tackles today. But, yeah, Bobby could've gotten to 192 I think if he hadn't missed the last 2 games.
bobby would have got 20 today lol 200 :P

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i've been in LA since the 1st and you should hear how they are talking about the Rams Today LMAO! blow it up this team will be one and done :P

LA really shouldn't have a team, this city is not a football city. Did anyone see the sea of Red that was SoFi Stadium today?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That extra game got him into the top 10, and it probably put Seattle's defense in that top spot for most plays against. Otherwise, it wouldn't have, since we weren't even in the top 10 worst in that category. Not even the worst in Seahawks history (1137 in 1998 as opposed to 1129 this year after 16). Today's game pops Seattle over 1200 plays (a first in NFL history).

That said, Brooks still made the stop on 15.3% of all Seahawks plays. It's an accomplishment he should be congratulated for.

I think Brooks had a great season and I think he will get better next year.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Loved KJ but it's obvious we needed some new, young blood... Here was his stat line for 2021 with the Chargers... Granted, his snap count was lower... What I gather from this, is he wasn't good enough to be a full time starter for a defense that wasn't very good... Some times loyalty can clout a team's eyes, which is why I was happy to see the Hawks move on from KJ... Replacing KJ w/ Brooks was the right move...

1641832813929.png

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Loved KJ but it's obvious we needed some new, young blood... Here was his stat line for 2021 with the Chargers... Granted, his snap count was lower... What I gather from this, is he wasn't good enough to be a full time starter for a defense that wasn't very good... Some times loyalty can clout a team's eyes, which is why I was happy to see the Hawks move on from KJ... Replacing KJ w/ Brooks was the right move...

View attachment 286462
The stat line shown here has no key so I have no idea if it is good or bad.

I agree on one level, but KJ was able to cover better than what we had this year.

Replacing him with Brooks was at least an understandable move but the other name that was used to justify was Barton, who ended up barely playing until the last 2 games, and wasn't very effective overall (and that is being generous).

We had the cap room. There was no reason to move on from him except for moving a younger player into the roster slot. From that perspective the decision to move on from him was a poor one. He is certainly a much better player than some of the LB depth we did keep.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

View attachment 286462

Raiders took him off the field on passing downs or when they were in nickel. He was playing the role of Cody Barton on our team this year. His numbers ( KJ's ) are pretty good for a #3. You know what was even better? KJ was coaching those guys up and they "TALKED" about him as a player coach. Dude is amazing. Raiders went from 25th in Defense to 14th and i think KJ had a big helping hand in that. Wish him luck in the Playoffs but i REALLY wanted that Tie Last night!