• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks vs Cowboys

jctoo

cult elitist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You seem alright, man. Same with gng. I'm just saying that Uh was just talking some shit back to a boys fan and you coming with "pot calling a kettle black" just seemed a bit ironic.

Seriously though, I prefer the NFL gen board because you can talk all the shit you want. But they dont allow that stuff on these team boards. Really it makes sense, because that just leads to the boards becoming flooded with trolls instead of good posters like yourself and Uh, it reaches a point where good conversation is impossible to find, or keep once you find it.

I know that it seems kind of pussy, but it works. Everyone has a board to talk football (team boards), and everyone has a board to talk shit (gen board).

And I would say, what's the point ... I'm not trolling, nor do I care to ... just a little banter between fans ... it wasn't smack talk, nor a beat down ...

look, I understand things can get out of hand and quick, but most of us are level headed and can deal with a bit of this and that ...

jctoo

cult elitist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ouch ... got bit by the 15 second rule ... lol

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nothing personal about it ... he made a comment ... I responded ...
as for trolling ... if you think anything GnGis doing is trolling, you gentlemen and ladies haven't seen nothing. There is nothing wrong with a little banter between fans. And the title of the thread is Seahawks vs. Dallas, does this mean no Dallas fans are allowed to post and counter??? ... Geeeesssshhhhhhhh ...

I don't believe my view of the game matters, but I believe the Boys are overrated (eeking out a couple of wins against so-so teams, and so far, New Orleans has been way below par) and Seattle is definitely one of the better teams this year ... I don't believe the game will even be close, but you know how it goes ... any given Sunday.

now, is this a sports thread or not and can we please dispense with this whole trolling nonsense ... it's not meant to be a love fest ...

How are the Cowboys being overrated? Because of morons like Skip Bayless? I don't think anybody is proclaiming Dallas a SB favorite or anything. The Cowboys are mostly being praised for sticking to the run game for the first time since Marion Barber was a beast. Not that the Cowboys are elite or anything, but I've seen elite teams eek out wins against so-so teams. I'm sure Seattle will have their fair share of games this season that they eek out against so-so teams. Hell, was Seattle even that impressive against Washington coming off a bye? Coming off a bye, I expected Seattle to completely murder Washington, but they came out and committed a ridiculous amount of stupid penalties and blew coverages that kept the game close, which was something I didn't expect. If not for Russell Wilson having an all-time great MNF game, who knows how that game would have ended.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, and funny how after they win a couple against Jake Locker and Austin Davis, they all jump back on the bandwagon. :pound:

Apparently "all" didn't jump on the bandwagon considering Houston fans overran Jerryworld last Sunday. I'm not sure what point you are trying to make.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know, right! It's going to be funny watching them jump ship after this Sunday game.

Yeah, we are so bandwagon. One playoff win in 18 years and because of a 4-1 start, we gonna come out in droves flexing our muscles. Yeah, we all really gonna jump ship because we lose to the best team, who just happens to be the defending champs, and who just happens to be playing at home where they don't lose. Yeah, after this week, that would be the perfect time to jump ship.

At this point, to suggest any Cowboy fan is bandwagon right now is a joke. The Cowboys have been a flat out disgrace for almost two decades. If anybody is rooting for the Cowboys right now, I highly doubt they are bandwagon. The irony is, Seattle has way more bandwagon fans at this point than the Cowboys do and at no point this season will Seattle fans be overran by the opposing team fans like Dallas already has on multiple occasions this year. The number of Seahawk fans that bring up Romo's fumbled snap have multiplied exponentially over the last seven months. I wonder why.

Last edited by a moderator:

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't this kind of banter what the Smack Talk thread is for? I haven't read all 16 pages of this thread but when overdone topics like the 2012 Green Bay game and how long Seahawks fans have actually been attending games take up multiple pages of a thread that is supposed to be about a game between the Seahawks and Cowboys in 2014, it's gone off the rails. It doesn't matter who started it, but it would be cool if we could get back on topic and stay there. This thread has been a little too reminiscent of too many threads from the ESPN Seahawks board and that's not a good direction to go in.

Now, about this game... The season started with a lot of talk about how the Cowboys could finish the season with one of the worst defenses of all-time. Regardless of who they've played so far, I think it's pretty safe to say that that's not going to be the case. It might get worse when they play better offenses on a regular basis, but I don't think we're looking at a historically bad defense here. Still, if the Hawks can clean up the stupidity that cost them points and several makeable 3rd downs against Washington, I think they can put up a decent amount of points on Dallas. This offense has too many weapons not to put up a lot of points when they aren't shooting themselves in the foot with penalties.

On the other side of the ball, my two biggest concerns would be Murray and Witten. The Hawks have been able to stop the run pretty well so far this year, but they also didn't play a "running" team until three days ago, so trying to stop Murray from racking up yards will be the first good test of this run defense all season. Witten is a concern because the Seahawks got torched by Gates three weeks ago and Witten is plenty capable of doing the same thing if they don't fix what went wrong in San Diego. Dez Bryant is obviously going to be a handful as well, but I just think that Murray and Witten present a bigger challenge based on what I've seen and haven't seen from this Seahawks defense. It'll be an interesting game for sure.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO it's all about Murray. Only 3 runningbacks have put up 5 games to start the season with over 100 yards (Murray/Simpson/Brown) so IMO Murray is due for a dud. Add to the fact Seattle has been quite impressive this year against the run.

Murray is due for a dud, but that doesn't mean the Cowboys can't have 100 rushing yards. Their offensive line is legit and they could legitimately wear down Seattle's defense if the game doesn't get out of hand.

Romo IMO doesn't have the mental toughness to deal with the crowd noise and atmosphere of CLINK.
Cliche argument. I've seen Romo win in hostile environments. Games in Philadelphia have arguably been more hostile to Romo than he's ever seen in Seattle. I saw Romo win in New Orleans when they were 13-0 and eventually won the SB.

I actually expect this to be a blowout with 3-4 turnovers from Dallas (mostly by Romo). I expected the Skins game to be close (24-21 type game) and it somewhat was.
Being right about one game doesn't mean you will be right about another. I expect the Cowboys to be super-conservative to try to keep it close. And you probably expected the Skins' game to be close because it wasn't in Seattle.

Dallas just really isn't that great of a team and they haven't played anyone decent... with exception of the 49ers (lost) and the Saints (@ Dallas) who have forgotten how to tackle and are making every game look like the Quake Run.

I don't think Dallas is that good either, but I also don't think Seattle is that great. You want to talk about mental toughness? How about Seattle when it comes to playing on the road? How is it that Seattle looks like two completely different teams when playing on the road and at home? At home, they look all-time great. On the road, they look like an average team.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not expecting a win against a team that is 19-1 in their last 20 home games. Just hoping it's not a blowout. Wouldn't be the worse thing for Cowboys to come home for 3 games in a row at 4-2 (Giants, Skins, Cardinals).

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I can understand some of the chest thumping by Dallas fans who've been desperate for anything to cheer about with Jerrah in control, it's amazing how many have instantly jumped on the bandwagon considering the competition they've faced in those Ws and annointing this team as something actually legit.

Sunday it's reality time. Finally facing a team with an offensive pulse, their D is going to get blasted. On the other side of the ball, Murray gets limited just enough, Dallas will be forced to go to turnover machine Romo. That's when it will all be on display. The reality of how world class bad Dallas still is.

I'm actually thrilled Dallas fans have some hope right now. Will make the end result this Sunday all the more sweeter.

Can you please show me some Cowboy fans that have instantly jumped on the bandwagon or have been thumping their chests? I can probably show you more Seahawk fans that have jumped on the bandwagon in the past year than you can show me a Cowboy fan that's jumped on the bandwagon in the last few weeks. And no I'm not one of them. The only reason I'm even posting here is because the Cowboy Board is so dead now due to the mods banning all the good posters. There's like literally nothing to talk about there so I came over here to discuss the game since this board is alive and kicking. But not to go off the subject, I can show you a Seahawk fan that's like that right now. His name is Dolemite censored and he's in this thread. Raiders and Seahawks fan? I call bullshit considering they were huge rivals in the AFC West. No way is that guy not a bandwagon fan.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not expecting a win against a team that is 19-1 in their last 20 home games. Just hoping it's not a blowout. Wouldn't be the worse thing for Cowboys to come home for 3 games in a row at 4-2 (Giants, Skins, Cardinals).

I don't expect a win either. But I know one thing, I'm tired of this bullshit bandwagon talk in this thread considering Seattle has way more bandwagon fans than Dallas fans now. I know this is a Seattle Board and all but that shit is out of bounds. We don't even have fucking home games anymore. How can people say people are jumping on the bandwagon when Cowboy fans get overran by fucking Texan fans in a game that's supposed to be a home game for Dallas? How on earth are people jumping on our bandwagon? Looks like to me people are jumping ship. Hell, most Cowboy fans don't even like to admit they are Cowboy fans anymore with as bad as we've been in the last 20 years, let alone are there people quick to rush and jump on this wobbly bandwagon.

Hell, if that's not enough proof, just look at our board. It's dead as fuck. This time last year, it was the complete reverse. This board wasn't near the Cowboy Board in terms of traffic this time last year. Now this board has way more traffic. Cowboy Board becoming a ghost town. Bandwagon fans? LMFAO

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't expect a win either. But I know one thing, I'm tired of this bullshit bandwagon talk in this thread considering Seattle has way more bandwagon fans than Dallas fans now. I know this is a Seattle Board and all but that shit is out of bounds. We don't even have fucking home games anymore. How can people say people are jumping on the bandwagon when Cowboy fans get overran by fucking Texan fans in a game that's supposed to be a home game for Dallas? How on earth are people jumping on our bandwagon? Looks like to me people are jumping ship. Hell, most Cowboy fans don't even like to admit they are Cowboy fans anymore with as bad as we've been in the last 20 years, let alone are there people quick to rush and jump on this wobbly bandwagon.

Hell, if that's not enough proof, just look at our board. It's dead as fuck. This time last year, it was the complete reverse. This board wasn't near the Cowboy Board in terms of traffic this time last year. Now this board has way more traffic. Cowboy Board becoming a ghost town. Bandwagon fans? LMFAO

The bandwagon thing is more media. ESPN talking heads have been salivating. I think the Dallas fans are holding their collective breath about the defense still. They do lead the league in most yds/play. Typically those bend but don't break defenses eventually do break. Never the less, so far overall the defense has been a surprise but they can't afford not to have McClain on the field. They also can't have Murray carry the ball 30 times a game either. Dude will break down by midseason. And knocking off the fumbling would be a good thing too, especially in Seattle.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't believe the defense either, and I wouldn't say "no problem" about the offense, because, while I do believe DeMarco Murray is a great RB, Tony Romo has absolutely proven to this point that he will blow games.

So shaky defense + shaky QB + quality RB / Century Link Field = Seahawks win

So your basing this years Tony on the game against SF? Yes he has thrown other int's but the bad game he had was SF. If that is the case you do not really know the story of his recovery from back surgury. Look at ALL of Tony's stats and get back to me as to how crappy he is and to how many games he blows. Last year he had 31 TD's and 10 ints. How many teams would love to say that about their QB?

As to the game, I think it will be pretty close but as has been alluded to in this thread already, Seattle don't loose at home and it will be no different on Sunday. Seattle is just too good in all phases of the game. The two guys that scare me, Marshawn and Percy. Dallas doesn't have the team speed to keep Percy in check and Marshawn is a beast especially against D lines and LB that we are going to be trotting out on the field.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man nothing worse then a shyster owner who is bent on moving the team. So glad the Seahawks have survived that and lets celebrate the Allen Era, this is the golden years, so glad I lived to enjoy it.

You must have really enjoyed when they had Nordstrom give the NFC Champ trophy to Allen then.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nothing personal about it ... he made a comment ... I responded ...
as for trolling ... if you think anything GnGis doing is trolling, you gentlemen and ladies haven't seen nothing. There is nothing wrong with a little banter between fans. And the title of the thread is Seahawks vs. Dallas, does this mean no Dallas fans are allowed to post and counter??? ... Geeeesssshhhhhhhh ...

I don't believe my view of the game matters, but I believe the Boys are overrated (eeking out a couple of wins against so-so teams, and so far, New Orleans has been way below par) and Seattle is definitely one of the better teams this year ... I don't believe the game will even be close, but you know how it goes ... any given Sunday.

now, is this a sports thread or not and can we please dispense with this whole trolling nonsense ... it's not meant to be a love fest ...
Everyone is free to post to the Seahawks board, but as with all other team boards on this site fans of other teams should be sticking to the facts and not being insulting or overly negative.

If you want real back and forth it should be on the general board where everyone is on equal footing.

Same goes for the Cowboys board. Seahawk fans can chime in on what you all are talking about there, but any trolling/attacking/name calling/etc and they should be booted. The too are free to engage in some of that on the general board right along with your fans.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Murray is due for a dud, but that doesn't mean the Cowboys can't have 100 rushing yards. Their offensive line is legit and they could legitimately wear down Seattle's defense if the game doesn't get out of hand.

Cliche argument. I've seen Romo win in hostile environments. Games in Philadelphia have arguably been more hostile to Romo than he's ever seen in Seattle. I saw Romo win in New Orleans when they were 13-0 and eventually won the SB.

Being right about one game doesn't mean you will be right about another. I expect the Cowboys to be super-conservative to try to keep it close. And you probably expected the Skins' game to be close because it wasn't in Seattle.

I don't think Dallas is that good either, but I also don't think Seattle is that great. You want to talk about mental toughness? How about Seattle when it comes to playing on the road? How is it that Seattle looks like two completely different teams when playing on the road and at home? At home, they look all-time great. On the road, they look like an average team.

Seahawks were 6-2 last year on the road.... 7-2 counting the Super Bowl...

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand why both fan bases have some things going on to feel good about this game. Dallas is 4-1 and their offense has been pretty darned good this year so far. And everyone knows about Seattle's play at home.

Seattle leads the league in covering ATS at home in the Pete Carroll era. So not only do they win at home, but they don't have many unexpected close calls doing it. As an aside, they are dead last in the league in covering on the road so while they have been winning on the road lately, they have more ugly wins than convincing ones.

I've already pointed out Seattle's defense is #1 vs the run and Dallas is in the bottom third. Both teams want to run to establish their offense. Not only because it's at home, but because of those trends, you have to give at least an edge to Seattle in the running game on both sides.

If they keep Murray to under 75y rushing they will be forcing Romo to take on the LOB in a very loud and inhospitable place. Bad things are bound to happen.

Now people want to talk about the 'slow start' or Seattle just not firing on all cylinders. So far they have faced Rodgers, Manning, and Rivers with Romo coming up next. Anyone else in the league face that level of offense already and beat 2 out of 3?

Our fans all knew we had a front loaded schedule and honestly that was before anyone even dared think Dallas would be good. This is the best offense left on the schedule for the rest of the entire year for Seattle. Think about that hawks fans. This team won't see another offense near this good for the remainder of the schedule.

So all of this worry about the pass rush, turnovers, etc are skewed when looking at last years overall season numbers. There will be games coming up later where Seattle is going to do what they do and destroy teams. You just can't look at the season numbers and read too much into it with the teams they have played.

Not blowing out Washington? I've read a few Cowboys fans hanging their hats on that. Always makes me wonder what kind of experience they have watching NFL games, because it's not only normal for teams to play very differently week to week, it's more the rule. All teams are different at home than on the road and that's just how it is. However, while Seattle wasn't that sharp in a few areas like presnap penalties, take back just one of the 3-4 really bad calls by the refs and the game ends 34-17. Is that more what was expected? Because Seattle played well enough to end that way. I mean bad calls happen in the NFL and that too is the norm so the fact that Seattle still had a double digit win on the road across to the other side of the country in prime time with sloppy play AND seriously bad calls that took at least 14 points off the board tells me they are doing a lot more right than wrong.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmmmm ... I luv it when the pot calls the kettle black ... Seattle first played in 1976 and didn't win a SB until ... let's see, when was that ... oh yeah ... 2013 ...

get over yourself ...

nice car by the way, one of my favorite versions of the Vette ...

G&G was fun trolling our board. I found it comical to hear someone say they take both winning and losing in stride. If I was on the Dallas board and said I take losing in stride as a Seahawk fan, I would expect a negative response from that.
I promise to get over myself if you do as well.
Thanks about the props on the car. I bought it in `94 and it still hangs around. It is named Old Slappy.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, we are so bandwagon. One playoff win in 18 years and because of a 4-1 start, we gonna come out in droves flexing our muscles. Yeah, we all really gonna jump ship because we lose to the best team, who just happens to be the defending champs, and who just happens to be playing at home where they don't lose. Yeah, after this week, that would be the perfect time to jump ship.

At this point, to suggest any Cowboy fan is bandwagon right now is a joke. The Cowboys have been a flat out disgrace for almost two decades. If anybody is rooting for the Cowboys right now, I highly doubt they are bandwagon. The irony is, Seattle has way more bandwagon fans at this point than the Cowboys do and at no point this season will Seattle fans be overran by the opposing team fans like Dallas already has on multiple occasions this year. The number of Seahawk fans that bring up Romo's fumbled snap have multiplied exponentially over the last seven months. I wonder why.

Earl, relax. You are a good poster and I would consider both teams to be fortunate to have some BW fans. I think that is better than having fewer fans of a team that are more hardcore. If you have bandwagoner's on board, your team is doing something right. :suds: