• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks vs Chiefs Preseason 8/13 4:30 pm est

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TBH from following camp reports, I got the feeling Heap was performing a bit better then Boykins, but that Pete is intrigued with Boykins. Just my take and I won't say that was gospel. Either way, the backup QB is going to need lots of reps and time before you want to see them or him fill in for RW. Luckily RW seems never miss any time.

knock on wood, do it.

Hawksfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New to the forum. Exciting finish. The Offensive line looked alright. Christine Michael has been a different back. I'm really excited about our depth at running back. Rawls/Michael might be dynamite. I was hoping to see more from Alex Collins. Looked a little slow :noidea:.

Really liked what I saw from Boykin during the 2 minute drill. Really cool under pressure. It was pretty clear playing up-tempo really suits him. Heaps was hit or miss mostly.

Powell looks like a special teams standout potentially. Who is this McEvoy?

Go Hawks!

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heap looked like garbage...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No major injuries, Michael looked good , Powell made some nice special team plays,O line was o.k ....im happy.

Yeah... I thought CM ran hard and w/ purpose... He could very well throw a whole wrench into the RB situation if he continues to play like he did today...

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, Chiefs announcers were salty ..

Biblical level of salt in the wounds. Seahawks dropped one of these on the entire state of Kansas today.

8AH3XL.gif

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PLEASE no one start praising Boykin lol Jackson at 6 foot 6 was the reason they got down the field on two Hail Mary ( throw it up go get it ) passes. Our Back-up QB situation is bad right now. Heaps must have got hurt and i missed it or something.

I'm not going to proclaim Boykin the second coming or anything, but his first two completions on the TD drive were good throws. The TD was a jump ball sure, but I think that accurately describes just about every hail mary in the history of the NFL. Boykin has a lot of learning to do, but he did show flashes of his athleticism and his potential. But I disagree that the back up qb situation is bad. I think it's too early to make that assessment. JMO

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Biblical level of salt in the wounds. Seahawks dropped one of these on the entire state of Kansas today.

8AH3XL.gif

Always love seeing the Chiefs lose but just so you know they are actually in Missouri not Kansas. A lot of people obviously in Kansas are Chiefs fans but I would say the state of Missouri got it dropped on them just as much as the state of Kansas. Good win and honestly was a bit surprised at how well the OL played considering so many new moving parts.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I am not proclaiming Boykins the next anything there were some throws that looked a little off but off throws are better than INTs, he did look good in the 2 min drill. I think for some of you guys that criticize Boykins are not giving him realistic expectations. Its not like RW looked like a pro bowler when he was a rookie during the preseason. This guy is a rookie and this is his very first time on the field at the pro level bottom line no turn overs 1 TD 16 for 26 with a few bad throws isn't that bad give him some slack.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 1st string offensive line (for this game at least) looked surprisingly solid. We'll have to see if they do any more shuffling or if they decide to keep giving this unit time together. They certainly got a lot of PT in this game before the second and third units came in.

Michael looked really good at running back when he was in there. He keeps running like that and some people, including me, might have to rethink the notion that it'll be Rawls' job to lose when he comes back. I hope we get a chance to see what Prosise has to offer next week because I wasn't overly impressed with the other backs who got the bulk of the carries once Michael's day was done.

As for the backup QB job... I think we got a bit spoiled for the past four years knowing that a veteran guy, Jackson, had Russell's back if anything ever happened to him. Now it's a battle between two young guys with little to no previous NFL experience and I think it's too early to make any pronouncements about either one of them. The one thing I will say about that final drive is that, while he put the ball where he needed to on several occasions, Boykin's time management skills left a lot to be desired. He made that last throw to the right guy, but for a guy who is used to running a fast paced offense, he almost let time run out before getting that play off. I don't know how many seconds ran off the clock between the second to last play and the last play, but I will say that I was saying "Hurry up. Hurry up." the whole time. There didn't seem to be as much urgency as there needed to be there.

The last thing I'll say about the backup QB battle is that it wouldn't surprise me if, next week, Heaps was the one who saw the most playing time between him and Boykin. I'm sure they'll want to get a good look at Heaps and I don't think they (or we) were able to do that in his limited PT this week. Obviously Wilson is going to see the bulk of the snaps in week 3 of the preseason, so I imagine whichever backup has had the best showing, both in practice and in games, up to that point will see most of the remaining snaps in that game. If neither guy has really stood out enough to take the backup job by the end of the preseason, I wouldn't put it past Schneider and Carroll to sign a veteran guy who was cut by another team and put whoever stood out the most among the two young QBs on the practice squad.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Spokane cable didn't have the game (pre-season has always been on Fox there) - so I'm reduced to watching hilights and reading stuff.

Did Collins (RB) even play? Did they say why not? I know Brooks and Procise were both out with injuries, but I know I've read some people predicting success for Collins.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Spokane cable didn't have the game (pre-season has always been on Fox there) - so I'm reduced to watching hilights and reading stuff.

Did Collins (RB) even play? Did they say why not? I know Brooks and Procise were both out with injuries, but I know I've read some people predicting success for Collins.
Only had 3 carries for 5 yards.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I live in Spokane and watched the game on Fox... Game was also on NFL Network...

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I live right here in the Seattle area and NFL network had some stuff about the Bears of the past on, even though the guide listed the game. Had to find a alternative way to watch the game.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I live in Spokane and watched the game on Fox... Game was also on NFL Network...

Weird. Maybe my local provider has switched which Fox station they take? Closest geographical one is Spokane.

No NFL network on my provider without paying extra.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only had 3 carries for 5 yards.

Heh. I guess that's why we don't go with prognostications much. You remember if he was running against the ones and two's?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heh. I guess that's why we don't go with prognostications much. You remember if he was running against the ones and two's?
Think it was with the backups, but missed the first few minutes while searching for a way to view the game.