• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 1 Preseason: Vikings vs Seahawks *Must Stay Healthy*

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 hour delay sucks. Freakin egg. Seahawks just scored on my feed and it’s 10-7

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was rough as expected for a first game. Tackling in the first half .. wait did they tackle in the first half? lmao. Bobo is just one of those "guys" not quick not fast but always there competing and winning. Hope he makes the team. Dallas needs to stop pretending to be a running back ( lol ) Once they put in the other RB the running game looked light years better. Would have been nice to see more from the Oline in the first half but what ever, glad Drew didn't get killed. Drew Lock once again has his plays were you say WOW what a arm then you say WTF! Lock needs to practice off balance throws because when he has to take a step the wrong way to throw his ball goes the wrong way lol.

All in all they actually played pretty well, Gave up 10 points early then went on a 24-3 run. Vikings had 4-5ths of their starting offensive line in for a LONG time. Wish we would have did that. Would have been a totally different game had the Hawks converted just 2 more 3rd downs. would have most likely been 34-10. 4-11 on 3rd downs not awful but that needs to be better. Very vanilla game plan but thats expected in the preseason.

Ahlers lol what can i say other than about time we have a QB that can throw a wounded duck for a TD not a INT LMAO! Loved his toughness, always like those type of guys that just show on every play that they love playing football. Wish JSN would have shown more.

Last edited:

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
guess i was wrong about the Vikings Oline playing. Their own broadcasting crew said 4 out of the 5 starters were playing then later in the late 2nd quarter they commented and said 3/5th of the starting oline was still playing for the Vikings. Guess only 1 Oline starter was playing per ESPN. If thats the case we need better pressure from our guys. You would think the Vikings own broadcasting crew would know who the damn starters are LMAO!

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mafe looked like a stud out there... 100% starter material.. him and Nwosu should wreck...

Mafe looks like the guy we all thought the Hawks drafted last year. It was good to see, lets not forget that he has a lot more learning/growing to do also. He could be special if he continues to grow like he did this past offseason.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not going to read too much into a pre-season game but like you said Screamin, D.J. Dallas needs to quit pretending to be a RB. The practice squad kid ran better. Hopefully Charbonnet, Walker and MacIntosh can stay healthy enough that we don't need to run Dallas out there. Liked the toughness from Aylers. Not sure if he's a QB but he definitely looks like a baller.
Loved what I saw from Mafe. Good anticipation and tackling in the run game. Hopefully, he gets even better learning from Bobby Wagz. He looks to have the speed and talent that we anticipated in the draft.
About what one would expect from the first pre-season game. A lot of rookies and practice squad guys so gonna be a little sloppy. Drew Lock is what he is at this point. Has the arm talent but can't throw off platform or get to a second or third read. Hope Geno plays every snap this year again.
Not going to fault the young guys too much here. It is just early pre-season and a good learning experience. Hopefully the kid, Johnson okay and nothing too serious but other than that, no injuries it seems to worry about so that's good.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not going to read too much into a pre-season game but like you said Screamin, D.J. Dallas needs to quit pretending to be a RB. The practice squad kid ran better. Hopefully Charbonnet, Walker and MacIntosh can stay healthy enough that we don't need to run Dallas out there. Liked the toughness from Aylers. Not sure if he's a QB but he definitely looks like a baller.
Loved what I saw from Mafe. Good anticipation and tackling in the run game. Hopefully, he gets even better learning from Bobby Wagz. He looks to have the speed and talent that we anticipated in the draft.
About what one would expect from the first pre-season game. A lot of rookies and practice squad guys so gonna be a little sloppy. Drew Lock is what he is at this point. Has the arm talent but can't throw off platform or get to a second or third read. Hope Geno plays every snap this year again.
Not going to fault the young guys too much here. It is just early pre-season and a good learning experience. Hopefully the kid, Johnson okay and nothing too serious but other than that, no injuries it seems to worry about so that's good.

No injuries we need to worry about is the biggest takeaway from me in each of these preseason games...

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That makes a lot of sense why I got stuck with the crappy Vikings broadcast

I'm guessing a lot of people don't have NFL Network with the amount of pissed off people. Sure it sucked hearing the Vikings crew being very Bias in a Seahawks home game but at least I got to watch the whole thing.

I actually did not mind getting switched over to the Vikings crew because i was not impressed by how unprofessional Bennett was and he sucked Mike Rob down with him and NEVER take someone else over Steve Raible for Play by play EVER AGAIN! lol

King 5 isn't doing the regular season games are they? BARF!

Last edited:

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 336890
Not that I needed another reason to skip a preseason game on a thursday night at 7pm.

Woke garbage. Just give me the football. I can get all that other crap in so many other ways almost every second of the day. Sports USED TO BE an escape from all that political noise. Used to be.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woke garbage. Just give me the football. I can get all that other crap in so many other ways almost every second of the day. Sports USED TO BE an escape from all that political noise. Used to be.
Thats It Martin Short GIF by PBS SoCal