• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Broncos @ Seahawks

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My first thought after the game was - all the changes and still we get a Fangio style loss.

Hackett needed more than preseason experience to up his game as HC during game day. I think he will get there, but his clock management at the end of the day was awful. I thought the play calling was - at best - curious and not aggressive. I don't understand why the WRs were idled much for the first half.

Russ Wilson played well enough to win the game.

The Broncos missed Mienerz on the goal line and missed Jewell a bunch on the defense.

I thought Gordon had a TD prior to the fumble.

The penalties were the biggest problem.

Congrats to the Seahawks - they deserved to win and wanted it more.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After 1 game Hackett seems like he’s Fangio but for the Offense, terrible clock management and execution but the guys on his side of the ball play great outside of a few hiccups but while other side of the ball just completely falls apart outside of 1-2 bright spots.

But obviously this was game 1 with him while Fangio was the same stagnant HC in game 40 so hopefully he’s got nowhere to go but up.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My first thought after the game was - all the changes and still we get a Fangio style loss.

Hackett needed more than preseason experience to up his game as HC during game day. I think he will get there, but his clock management at the end of the day was awful. I thought the play calling was - at best - curious and not aggressive. I don't understand why the WRs were idled much for the first half.

Russ Wilson played well enough to win the game.

The Broncos missed Mienerz on the goal line and missed Jewell a bunch on the defense.

I thought Gordon had a TD prior to the fumble.

The penalties were the biggest problem.

Congrats to the Seahawks - they deserved to win and wanted it more.
Good rundown, mon ami. I had some distractions during the game, so not sure about the Gordon goal line claim. Would like to go back and look.

Can’t wait to get a look at the Broncos playing at home this weekend. There was some half baked crap on the field last night, for sure. I do like the looks of the ingredients though. A little more time (maybe a full season?) in the oven.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember the Broncos starting out very slow with Peyton Manning in 2012. Takes a few games for the new coaching staff, the new scheme and the new players to gel. Broncos moved the ball very well last night but just couldn't close the deal. I was disappointed in general with our special teams. They were not special.

Without the penalties, the Broncos win that game. Bounce back home opener against Mills and the Texans at Mile High will be just what the doctor ordered. Certainly no panic yet but we all knew that we needed to win the front side of our schedule, as the back end is perilous.

Next Sunday:
  • Pound the rock more. Don't abandon the run game. Use it to set up play action.
  • Take more downfield shots with the receivers, early and often to loosen up the opposing defense.
  • Roll Russ to the right, not the left.
  • Get Josey Jewell back to help in the run game on defense.
  • Broncos fans get very loud.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really if you change any one reason for our loss, we win.

DC just said Gut is out for 4 weeks, so that's gonna hurt.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really if you change any one reason for our loss, we win.

DC just said Gut is out for 4 weeks, so that's gonna hurt.
Well, looks like Muti is coming back then.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coach Hackett now reversing course and saying he should have gone for it on 4th down, instead of kicking the field goal. This will be the story all week in Denver. Need to get a win next Sunday to move on from this narrative.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coach Hackett now reversing course and saying he should have gone for it on 4th down, instead of kicking the field goal. This will be the story all week in Denver. Need to get a win next Sunday to move on from this narrative.
I mean at the very least, he did admit he was wrong and so that counts for something. We’ll see if he makes the same mistake again sometime or if he actually learned from this. You would think a coach wouldn’t have to use this as a learning opportunity to trust your potential Hall of Fame quarterback, but he’s at least aware that he screwed up and that’s better than sticking to his guns when it was obviously the wrong decision.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should have targeted 41 yard line or 59 yards considering the longest FG ever in Seattle is 56 yards

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should have targeted 41 yard line or 59 yards considering the longest FG ever in Seattle is 56 yards
Yeah, as soon as they lined up for that 64 yard field goal (the 2nd time), I think most of us fans knew that we just lost the game. After the game, he defended it like 64-yarders are commonplace in the NFL. Hopefully, he simply made all his blunders for year one in the first game!

Lineman16

Yep
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a seahawks fan that was fun to watch but lets be real, we got some luck on that win and still a 6 win team at best. You have a really good QB!. I thinks he catches the AFC off guard a bit this season.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle had no points and 55 yards of net offense in the 2nd half

sucks but when you fumble at the one twice you are asking to lose
Too many self inflicted wounds.

dumb bad robot GIF

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy who had a worse debut than Hackett - was Montrell Washington. He had questionable judgement and looked tentative instead of fearless.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy who had a worse debut than Hackett - was Montrell Washington. He had questionable judgement and looked tentative instead of fearless.
I saw a lot of ‘new’ that seems to need some ‘breaking in’.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I see what you are saying but I still think Hackett had a worse debut. ;)

Washington needs to learn that his blocking isn't good enough right now to take the ball out of the EZ but I also don't really blame him for trying. Now he knows!

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn’t aware until I read it this am that we didn’t have a three and out all game vs Seahawks.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see what you are saying but I still think Hackett had a worse debut. ;)

Washington needs to learn that his blocking isn't good enough right now to take the ball out of the EZ but I also don't really blame him for trying. Now he knows!
I'm not down on him as an asset, but he did appear tentative - when in the preseason he blasted straight ahead on returns.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not down on him as an asset, but he did appear tentative - when in the preseason he blasted straight ahead on returns.

Yeah- I feel you there. I think it is going to take some experience for him to get the PR stuff down. It isn't college you can't make a bunch of moves. You really gotta take off and find the open lanes as you are running full speed. Hard to find them when you aren't moving quickly.