• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Broncos @ Seahawks

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the old dudes sleeping?

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Turn over the ball inside the red zone twice and you’re going to lose most games. Hope they got this out of their system and are ready to play football next week.

Good thing they won’t be playing high caliber QBs like Geno Smith all season. Good thing it’s Mahomes and Herbert and guys like that going forward.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take your pick on why we lost the game

- Defense played like garbage until the 4th
- 11 Penalties
- 0-4 in the redzone
- Losing back to back fumbles at the goal-line
- PAYING RUSSELL WILSON $245 MILLION ONLY TO TRY A 64 YARD FG TO WIN THE GAME.

wishful thinking

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That last one Duffman really pisses me off. On that last drive, you don't really challenge that young secondary? My friends and I were group texting the exact same thing. You take the ball out of your investment (Wilson) for a field goal that has less than a 50 percent chance of making.

What really pisses me off was not breaking the huddle with the play until under 10 seconds on almost every play. I really do blame this loss on the coaching staff. Very poor job on them.

Also, with the secondary playing very soft and often confused in the 1st half.

wishful thinking

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They played better in the 2nd half, but the 1st half did give Seattle the much-needed confidence that was essential for them.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really think not playing the starters in the preseason at all, had some effect on this game. Seattle is a tough environment to play in and they deserved the victory. If the Broncos could have cleaned up the penalties, we had a shot. Hackett also going through his early learning curve. On to game 2......

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Turn over the ball inside the red zone twice and you’re going to lose most games. Hope they got this out of their system and are ready to play football next week.

Good thing they won’t be playing high caliber QBs like Geno Smith all season. Good thing it’s Mahomes and Herbert and guys like that going forward.
Seasons are always an evolution. Let’s hope this squad comes together. Lot’s of new. This team needs a little home cooking.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I ate an apple tonight. That was about as good as it got for me.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We punted once all game. One. Single. Time.

That may be my favorite stat from tonight. Very, very refreshing to not see constant three-and-outs.

Ugly first half. Gotta clean up the penalties. Ball security drills for Williams and Gordon all week. And for the love of football, please work on getting the playcalls in quicker. Can't be running the clock down to 1 every time!

Disappointing loss, but its just the first game. Got plenty of football left and Wilson already looks ready to sling all year.

Go Broncos!

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just felt like after the first 5-7 minutes of this game you had a really bad feeling stuff was going to go wrong all night..... and it did.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Positives.

Jeudy looked good.
Offense looked better if you take away the penalties and turnovers which is obviously a huge thing but it was nice to see us be able to move up and down the field.
Defense made adjustments and did much better in the second half.

Kareem Jackson had a HORRIBLE game, we were out coaches, turnover and penalty prone and did not deserve to win this game. Seattle had a good game plan and while they appeared over matched on paper they did what they needed to, to win this game.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we were out coaches,

That’s definitely something that stood out. We looked like a team that had a rookie coaching staff in their first game and Seattle’s staff showed their experience.

Outcoached by a staff that’s been around and has seen it all, despite having a better night statistically. We dominated that second half, but all the small mental errors mounted up quickly and Carroll’s team won’t let you get away with a sloppy game in their house.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the grand scheme of things losing this dud of a game probably will help us in the long run.

We seem to suck when we open on MNF week 1. I can think of our last 4 MNF games being loses unless I am forgetting something inbetween.

Seahawks
Titans
Raiders
Raiders

I do remember beating the Raiders week 1 on MNF a long time ago. Eddie Royal's rookie year because he had us thinking after that game that he was going to be a star only to really be a good return man and not much more.