• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Broncos @ Seahawks

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I figured about that time we get a game thread going for week 1. Been a while since I have been this nervous for a week 1 game. Figure get the conversation started with a few things I have been pondering...

What is everyone's favorite matchups heading into this one?

For me it will be seeing Surtain/Darby vs. Metcalf/Lockett. I have my doubts about whether Geno could take advantage of those two winning their battles, but a good test to see where our top guys sit if they can hold their own against a nice 1-2 punch.

X-Factor of the game?

I'll go Javonte/Gordon having a great game. The last thing Pete Carroll wants happening in front of their home crowd is Wilson destroying them. My guess is they will sell out to stop the pass leaving some great opportunities for the run game to take off. As much as I want Wilson to be the hero I also like the idea of him showing he gets to go to a team where he doesn't have to be the man in order for them to win.

Hero of the game?

I'll go Bradley Chubb. He just got voted captain and is finally healthy. He will be lined up against a rookie in Cross that will have some game 1 nerves. I think Bradley Chubb gets two sacks and one of them results in a turnover leading to an easy Touchdown for the Broncos.

Final Score? It won't be the prettiest game by the Broncos but I'll go 24-17 Broncos win. Broncos control the game most of the way and even enter the 4th quarter up 21-10. Give up a late score when things are in hand making it seem closer than it was.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m especially interested in how our OL looks. Both running a zone blocking scheme and pass protection. I’m not going to panic if it doesn’t look like a well oiled machine. I know it takes time, but I hope to see improvement over the past couple years.

Let me guess…DC wants at least three INTs and his DBs to hog all the spotlight! ;)

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will Wilson be cheered or booed when he returns?

And when's the last time two QB's went to different teams and then faced their former team week one? That jackass in cleats Mayfield plays the Browns week one.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m especially interested in how our OL looks. Both running a zone blocking scheme and pass protection. I’m not going to panic if it doesn’t look like a well oiled machine. I know it takes time, but I hope to see improvement over the past couple years.

Let me guess…DC wants at least three INTs and his DBs to hog all the spotlight! ;)

You know me too well. ;)

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is everyone's favorite matchups heading into this one?

Our pass rush against that young OL. Two rookies starting their first NFL games against a very hungry pass rush led by Bradley Chubb who is eager to stay healthy and chomping at the bit for a fast start not to mention Randy Gregory showing out for the first time in a Bronco year combined with Browning and Cooper coming off a good PS.... This matchup has our pass rush foaming at the bit. Which gets us to Carl's favorite matchup the WR's vs the DB's with Geno Smith feeling the pressure.

X-Factor of the game?

Going to go the opposite of Carl here. I think our passing game has a big day. I don't really care for the Seahawks starting CB's all that much in Artie Burns and Sidney Jones. I think Sutton has a big game or really any of the top 3 WR's could either have a big game or all share the wealth. I expect us to maybe look a little sluggish early but really get the rhythm down late in the first half and have that carry over in the passing game.

Hero of the game?

Chubb is really the guy that first came to my mind. I think he has a big game.

Final Score?

Broncos 31
Seahawks 10

I think we get to Smith early and often and our D helps get our offense in the EZ with a short field. Look a tad sluggish on offense to start but get our rhythm going and get out of Seattle with a comfortable win.

Last edited:

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
31 points?! Wow, that’s a bunch for a team from the mile high city.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I want to see is an efficient and competent offense. It's been way too much ineptitude in Broncos Country for a long time. Score early, score often. Score. Score. Score.

My second goal would be for our special teams to NOT be a disaster.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will Wilson be cheered or booed when he returns?

And when's the last time two QB's went to different teams and then faced their former team week one? That jackass in cleats Mayfield plays the Browns week one.
Lockett says RW deserves to get a warm welcome. I expect both cheers and boos. Mixed bag. I forgot that there are two QB's facing their former teams in Game 1. That's pretty crazy and probably something that's never happened before.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lockett says RW deserves to get a warm welcome. I expect both cheers and boos. Mixed bag. I forgot that there are two QB's facing their former teams in Game 1. That's pretty crazy and probably something that's never happened before.
So you expect to see Lock? I mean other than on the sideline.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
31 points?! Wow, that’s a bunch for a team from the mile high city.
I didn't want to get my hopes up too much so kept mine relatively low. Too much disappointment these last few years has me afraid to be bold.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Gregory has 3 sacks.

Surtain gets a pick six of a swing route or receiver screen.

Wilson throws all over Seattle in the first half for 200 yards and 2 tds.

JW and MG run for 200 total yards, and 2 TDs mostly in the second half.

Fans try to jump on the bandwagon. I kick them in the teeth.

The things I do for you as PotM.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Gregory has 3 sacks.

Surtain gets a pick six of a swing route or receiver screen.

Wilson throws all over Seattle in the first half for 200 yards and 2 tds.

JW and MG run for 200 total yards, and 2 TDs mostly in the second half.

Fans try to jump on the bandwagon. I kick them in the teeth.

The things I do for you as PotM.

and we win 60-0?

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and we win 60-0?
Let's consider the math.

Two rushing td's and 2 passing would be with extra points, 28. Add another td from PSII, and we could see 35.

But both Wilson's TD's could be to JW or MG, so the score could be as low as 21.

The more I teach you, the dumber I get.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's consider the math.

Two rushing td's and 2 passing would be with extra points, 28. Add another td from PSII, and we could see 35.

But both Wilson's TD's could be to JW or MG, so the score could be as low as 21.

The more I teach you, the dumber I get.

Relax. You are wasting way too much energy on something so small.

The 60-0 had nothing to do with the predictions you made. Good lord dude!

Mike Boone could have a td, Montrell Washington could have a TD. Brandon McManus could throw for 2 to Billy Turner. Maybe Drew Lock throws 3 for us.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Relax. You are wasting way too much energy on something so small.

The 60-0 had nothing to do with the predictions you made. Good lord dude!

Mike Boone could have a td, Montrell Washington could have a TD. Brandon McManus could throw for 2 to Billy Turner. Maybe Drew Lock throws 3 for us.
You made him

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks are starting rookie CB Tariq Woolen.

So rookie LT, RT and CB.