• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Broncos @ Seahawks

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First of all, allow me to get this out:

HAHAHAHABABbBHahahahahahahahahaah get fucked Russ!

Well, to give you an idea, I ordered a few t shirts for our group of 10 or so with season tickets:

View attachment 307453

OK, now that that's out of my system, shout out to all the Broncos fans (a lot of them) at the game tonight. I stopped to to take about 50 pictures with Denver fans, and they were all great sports before the game and during halftime. No difference afterward, just fewer pics at night.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take your pick on why we lost the game

- Defense played like garbage until the 4th
- 11 Penalties
- 0-4 in the redzone
- Losing back to back fumbles at the goal-line
- PAYING RUSSELL WILSON $245 MILLION ONLY TO TRY A 64 YARD FG TO WIN THE GAME.
You paid Wilson 245 Million and he not only failed to score when you needed it most ...he failed to even get you into to decent field goal range.
It was Wilson who put that choice into the coaches hands.

It seems the long tradition of not blaming Wilson for anything has followed him to Denver.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, Russell Wilson is the reason I burnt my toast this morning. 245 m and I burnt my toast because of him. Cut him!!! All his fault!!

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I will say this RW aside a bit this was the best chance for us to beat the broncos. Opening day, at home, at night, on a primetime game was the best chance for us to win. If we had played this game week 7 on a regular TV schedule I am sure Denver would win.

This is Hacketts first game ever as a head coach I think on any level, with a QB that is brand new to his system and didnt play at all in preseason. The whole world was pressuring you to dominate the game which can lead to anxiety/frustration.

Also I think the Broncos had like 106 yards in penalties? I think the crowd noise mixed with them not playing in the preseason contributed to that.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver Broncos Football GIF by Broncos
Lets Ride Gopokes GIF by Oklahoma State University
Beck Bennett Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live
Season 4 Lets Ride GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants
Let’s kick

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which decision was worst. Kicking a 64 yard FG or not giving the ball to Beastmode on the 2 yard line to win the SB?

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which decision was worst. Kicking a 64 yard FG or not giving the ball to Beastmode on the 2 yard line to win the SB?

LOL- Nice

Given the circumstances the Super Bowl. In a normal game I would say the 64 yard FG.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I found it ironic that they didn't let Russ throw when you were down there twice last night. Compound that with the 64 yarder.....ya'll better win next week or the honeymoon is going to be over for Russ real quick.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I found it ironic that they didn't let Russ throw when you were down there twice last night. Compound that with the 64 yarder.....ya'll better win next week or the honeymoon is going to be over for Russ real quick.

I too was thinking we would plunge Russ in from the 1. Not too bent out of shape about it with two good short yardage RB's but after the first fumble I really expected it on the second time around.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else glad to get this game out of the way?

Just tired of hearing about this game. Ready to move on from the "Russell returns to Seattle" SportsHoopla.

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had to take a deep breath after that one last night. The Broncos statistically dominated that game. 340 passing yards, 103 rushing for 443 total yards versus 195 and 76 for 271 total. The inexperience of the coaching staff and not playing in the pre-season showed. The secondary was a mess for Seattle's first two TD drives with huge busted coverages and no pressure on Smith. It got better 2nd half, but man against the AFC west this could spell trouble. The play calling all night while good from an X and O's standpoint was simply too slow all night. Russell never broke the huddle with enough time for all the motion and reads this offense needs and it happened all freaking game. Clock management was atrocious even at the end of the first half where timeouts could have been used for a couple more try's at the endzone. Right then I thought this is an issue that could bit us and it did. That last drive several players stayed in bounds instead of going out and timeouts should have been used earlier with the way the play clock was ticking down. The final play was a disaster. If you wanted to run the clock and kick a ridiculous field goal fine, but at least line up quicky and try to draw offsides and then call the timeout. Even if Hackett didn't get this, Russ should have with all his experience. Otherwise realize that a 64 yard field goal is something you try with no time in the 1st half not to win the game with plenty of time to try more successful options. Russ was playing well and they had so many play calls that could have gained 5 yards against a tired defense. It was just awful and everyone but Hackett realized at the time what an awful call this was. McManus has 1 60+ yard field goal in a game and has tried plenty. He has the leg, but can't keep it straight at that distance.

Rant over, I am excited about this offense. We should have put up nearly 30 points but for fumbles which should correct themselves. Defense played a lot better in the 2nd half, but never should have allowed Geno to light it up in the first half.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simple fixes:

1. Rotate fat boys more.
2. Start Stearns.
3. Line up under center in power formation and give the fukking ball to Javonte at the goal line.
4. Take advantage of mismatches. Like rookie corners, a back up safety, and two rookie tackles.
5. If GlassCow is that weak motion a te to help his fat ass.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice recap, MtnBronco.

Here’s mine:
Discouraging
The end of the game - of course
Slowness of getting offensive personnel and plays into the huddle. Probably the result of this being our first preseason game. ;)
Four RZ possessions with 3 points and twice at the one and get zero points is deflating.
The two fumbles at the 1 - frankly Gordon’s didn’t really matter as he had been stopped on 4th down. The only difference was losing 7-8 yards of field position
Busted coverage in the first half resulting in two wide open TDs and for a half making Geno look like a HOFer
Zero pressure in the first half with a starting OL out and two rookies starting at OT.
Penalties - looked the Dallas Cowboys players dressed in Broncos uniforms

Encouraging
Had a feeling every time we got the ball we had a chance for a FG or a TD. Of course that wasn’t the result, but there was hope that I hadn’t sensed the past 6 years.
Jeudy having a 100 yard game - needed that for both his and RW’s confidence in him
Javonte and Gordon are going to be a really strong duo
Was it just me or was that the quietest 340 yard passing game you can remember?
I was surprised how often, especially early Russ went to TEs and RBs. I think it was second quarter until a WR had a target/catch. I think Albert O is going to be a bigger part of the O than I suspected.

A bad game to lose for sure and puts pressure not to have anymore unexpected losses.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice recap, MtnBronco.

Here’s mine:
Discouraging
The end of the game - of course
Slowness of getting offensive personnel and plays into the huddle. Probably the result of this being our first preseason game. ;)
Four RZ possessions with 3 points and twice at the one and get zero points is deflating.
The two fumbles at the 1 - frankly Gordon’s didn’t really matter as he had been stopped on 4th down. The only difference was losing 7-8 yards of field position
Busted coverage in the first half resulting in two wide open TDs and for a half making Geno look like a HOFer
Zero pressure in the first half with a starting OL out and two rookies starting at OT.
Penalties - looked the Dallas Cowboys players dressed in Broncos uniforms

Encouraging
Had a feeling every time we got the ball we had a chance for a FG or a TD. Of course that wasn’t the result, but there was hope that I hadn’t sensed the past 6 years.
Jeudy having a 100 yard game - needed that for both his and RW’s confidence in him
Javonte and Gordon are going to be a really strong duo
Was it just me or was that the quietest 340 yard passing game you can remember?
I was surprised how often, especially early Russ went to TEs and RBs. I think it was second quarter until a WR had a target/catch. I think Albert O is going to be a bigger part of the O than I suspected.

A bad game to lose for sure and puts pressure not to have anymore unexpected losses.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else glad to get this game out of the way?

Just tired of hearing about this game. Ready to move on from the "Russell returns to Seattle" SportsHoopla.
Similar to the Manning game going back to Indy. Good to get it out of the way.