• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game #1 Philadelphia Eagles vs NE Patriots Sunday Sept. 10 4:25 PM EST CBS

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it was a five point lead so two scores were needed. That field goal would not have changed that. Sure tea leaves would have told him to take the points then wait for the fumble, but the real world called.
A FG on 4th and 3 with 9 minutes left would have made a difference IMO. If they get 3 there, and the way the game played out, they only needed another FG at the end to win.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it was a five point lead so two scores were needed. That field goal would not have changed that. Sure tea leaves would have told him to take the points then wait for the fumble, but the real world called.
Come on BB doesn't get a pass for not going for the first FG.
Then add going for it on 4th and 17? That's not BB.
The D was playing great. Let them do their job like he had for so many years.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A FG on 4th and 3 with 9 minutes left would have made a difference IMO. If they get 3 there, and the way the game played out, they only needed another FG at the end to win.
Like I already said the D had been playing lights out. Let them do their job.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You missed the small bus again?
Small bus? Bringing down the disadvantaged by using them as an insult? Typical BK, always living in the past with his made up glories.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first almost catch by Boutte he should have gotten his foot down. It was fast but I think he should have. Second one… no way he had time to get his foot down in bounds. He tried and was shoved in the back out of bounds. I don’t put any blame on that one.
Not putting the blame on this kid. But it doesn't even look like he attempts to drag the foot. He took a huge step out of bounds. It will come with time we hope.Screenshot_20230912_135520_Facebook.jpg

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not putting the blame on this kid. But it doesn't even look like he attempts to drag the foot. He took a huge step out of bounds. It will come with time we hope.View attachment 340169
You can never tell anything from a still shot. His rate of speed plus the push makes me feel no way he could have got the foot dawn

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Compare it to Julio Jones in SB XI.

If Jones can get his foot down inbounds at that speed and small dimension, anything one, two or three steps inside the sideline is possible.

The kid was concentrating more on holding on to the ball than anything else, which is what he should be doing. As he gains experience, he'll worry less about catching the ball and be looking at where he is in regards to a first down or catching the ball in bounds.

This is another one of those arguments where either side can dig their feet in and not move.......

He made two catches and couldn't stay inbounds. Simple as that. Whether his fault or not.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on BB doesn't get a pass for not going for the first FG.
Then add going for it on 4th and 17? That's not BB.
The D was playing great. Let them do their job like he had for so many years.
I didn't say it was a good choice. I gave the rationale for why it was made.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Compare it to Julio Jones in SB XI.

If Jones can get his foot down inbounds at that speed and small dimension, anything one, two or three steps inside the sideline is possible.

The kid was concentrating more on holding on to the ball than anything else, which is what he should be doing. As he gains experience, he'll worry less about catching the ball and be looking at where he is in regards to a first down or catching the ball in bounds.

This is another one of those arguments where either side can dig their feet in and not move.......

He made two catches and couldn't stay inbounds. Simple as that. Whether his fault or not.
Yeah, I do not agree with that assessment. Jones had a lot more room to work with, was not at full speed and was not being shoved in the back.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I do not agree with that assessment. Jones had a lot more room to work with, was not at full speed and was not being shoved in the back.

Or not get a foot down at all.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well look at the video, they are not the same. But if you see it that way, fine

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The blame can spread pretty evenly on the offense. I am upset with Boutte, because he knew that he didn't get his foot down on the 3rd and 8 earlier and then doing the exact same thing with 20 seconds to go. I realize that it's new and ten time the pressure, but if this is something that he cannot somehow figure out, he becomes useless on the sideline.

It's very simple practice routine. Throw passes right on the sideline and make the WRs catch balls with two feet on the edge. Move back one step, then two, then three. Continue to throw the passes down the sideline, then a little bit further out of bounds until the WR refuses not to put both feet down in bounds. Do it thirty or forty times and it becomes a habit. I did for my kids from Pop Warner through HS. It's as if it becomes an auto response memory.
From 13:38.
It's difficult to say whether or not he even had the ability to stab his toe down.

Debatable anyway.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That one hand catch by Henry was great. Good to see TEs doing stuff out there. Gonzalez had a pretty good game, he took out Brown most of the game.
And he will do nothing but get better.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You missed the small bus again?
milk cow GIF by Lil Dicky

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Water under the bridge. I have full confidence Boutte will get better and better.
I believe Bill has confidence in this offense as well.