• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game #1 Philadelphia Eagles vs NE Patriots Sunday Sept. 10 4:25 PM EST CBS

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CBS has this as the featured game with Jim Nance and Tony Romo.

Eagles are -4.5. I don't know if that's saying that the Patriots are much better than everyone thinks they are or the Eagles aren't as good as everyone thinks they are.

The over/under is 46. So final score should be 26-21? or 26-22?

If the Patriots defense keeps it close, the outcome will be decided by penalties and/or turnovers by either team.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mehh, personally what's predicted makes zero sense or difference to me. Our defense should be stout and I am really looking forward to Judon, White and Uche. If the NTs can do anything they could scary. On offense I look for the Pats to run early and often in an effort to open up the passing game. We should be able to run the ball. I feel BOB will have a solid game plan, I feel the Pats will move the ball my biggest concern is the same as last year. Red Zone efficiency!!! Huge question that needs to be answered.

No prediction just hoping for a W

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mehh, personally what's predicted makes zero sense or difference to me. Our defense should be stout and I am really looking forward to Judon, White and Uche. If the NTs can do anything they could scary. On offense I look for the Pats to run early and often in an effort to open up the passing game. We should be able to run the ball. I feel BOB will have a solid game plan, I feel the Pats will move the ball my biggest concern is the same as last year. Red Zone efficiency!!! Huge question that needs to be answered.

No prediction just hoping for a W
With the added offensive weapons (EE, JuJu, Gesicki) the RZ should be improved. Time will tell?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All dependent on O Line play...

I know I know...we are all aware of that...
Yes, that will make or break this team, well almost any team. I stated before that I feel we can run black with success. If we can conjure up a good run game it will help a lot.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but week one any team can play sloppy. Our glimmer of hope! Philly should win this game but they won't walk away with it.
i,m pulling for the pats cause i am a commanders fan,i just don,t think philly will lose but am open to being shocked by the pats.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give this some thought.

1. The front seven of the Eagles is the best group of pass rushers in the NFL.
2. The front seven of the Eagles are poor against the run because of their speed and over pursuit of the QB.

Hence:

3. The Patriots will run a 1989-90 Rushing offense at the Eagles.
4. The majority of early runs will be between the center and guard on both sides and a few less between the guard and tackle.

Summary:

5. Do not expect Mac Jones to throw more than three or four times in the first half.
6. Expect Mac to throw 20-25 times in the second half. Screens and short 3 second play action flash passes
7. The Eagle front seven will be beaten up and tired by the six minute mark of the fourth quarter as will Thier secondary from making so many tackles early.

8. If the Patriots defense can keep Jalen Hurt in the pocket and force him to throw uncomfortably, The Patriots could pull the upset walking away.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, that will make or break this team, well almost any team. I stated before that I feel we can run black with success. If we can conjure up a good run game it will help a lot.
Of course. But note that we have the highest rated O-line in the division....

Ranking AFCE O-lines!
Patriots 13th,
Dolphins 20th (up after getting Wynn, LOL)
Bills 22nd
Jets 23rd
O-line is our weakest link? Are we really that bad off? Looks like Rodgers, Tua, and Allen are going to be running around a lot!

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ranking AFCE O-lines!
Patriots 13th,
Bills 22nd
Jets 23rd
O-line is our weakest link? Are we really that bad off? Looks like Rodgers, Tua, and Allen are going to be running around a lot!

13th?

I'm semi relieved and semi surprised.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ranking AFCE O-lines!
Patriots 13th,
Bills 22nd
Jets 23rd

13th is still not great, and the other teams being weaker works more toward our advantage. Allen and Tua are mobile Rodgers may get crushed.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
13th is still not great, and the other teams being weaker works more toward our advantage. Allen and Tua are mobile Rodgers may get crushed.

Brady was on some show this weekend saying he thinks Rodgers is going to have a stellar year. It pissed me off. But what he was saying made sense.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady was on some show this weekend saying he thinks Rodgers is going to have a stellar year. It pissed me off. But what he was saying made sense.
Well the weapons and a quick release. A decent defense will get to him.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
brady says a lot now that he is no longer playing,he should just shut up and let the players play without his opinions.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the weapons and a quick release. A decent defense will get to him.

Brady was talking more about the psychological aspects of going to a new team that has good players while not having the "mental scar tissue" of playing for the same organization for so many years. He was obviously alluding to the Pats and how it felt good to go to the Bucs and only worry about football. He also discussed the advantage of bringing everything he learned in NE to Tampa. I see Rodgers having more of a Favre year with the Jets than a Brady year with the Bucs but that was the gist of what he was saying.