• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game #8 NE Patriots vs Miami Dolphins Sunday October 29, 2023 1:00 PM (CBS)

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dolphins are having a rough go of it against Eagles as I open this thread.

Patriots rarely fare well in Miami. Maybe, just maybe the win today against the Bills will carry over.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dolphins are having a rough go of it against Eagles as I open this thread.

Patriots rarely fare well in Miami. Maybe, just maybe the win today against the Bills will carry over.
Fins fans are blaming the refs. (except Paolo who is blaming Tua)

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like a very confident comment
It was a bit tongue in cheek, and referring to what we used to call them as a joke. In reality, just hoping for another good game which I know will be very difficult — they obviously have a very solid and better team.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a bit tongue in cheek, and referring to what we used to call them as a joke. In reality, just hoping for another good game which I know will be very difficult — they obviously have a very solid and better team.
We hung close game one I do think it's possible

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF the OL can play like they did yesterday, the Patriots have a better than equal chance for an upset in Miami. The first game was an offensive mess as was the OL. Give Mac four second like he had yeatserday and he'll get the ball out over twelve yards and throw a catchable ball.

We can only hope.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We hung close game one I do think it's possible
Dolphins have played 2 good teams and lost to both of them.
Patriots almost beat them in 1st game and were a hot mess at the time.
Dolphins could not run against Philly and may not be able to run against the Patriots.
Their secondary is depleted with multiple key injuries and they jos lost Holland at safety.

Josh tries to play hero and gets bit by the interception bug!

Must read!

Last edited:

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dolphins had Achane at RB and he was more 5than a handful. He's on IR and Mostert is the 'go-to'. He's been struggling because he's been beaten up. The FIns Ol is a being taped and stitched much like the Patriots were in the beginning. Tua isn't getting 5-6 seconds every time he drops backs and his accuracy has suffered over the past few weeks. I said this before and will live by it. Other teams saw thet 70 point score and every week those defenses have said to themselves, "Those assholes ain't scorin' shit on us." The Dolphins have been attacked every week.

Patriots are pumped with the win over the Bills and the Dolphins are going to be in a very wary mode. They've lost two in a row and could only muster 17 against the Eagless. The last thing they want is a home loss against the Patriots and that may be just enough stress to allow the patriots to catch them a bit flat footed.

I predicted the Bills upset.

I have a gut feeling that the defense is going to push the patriots over the line. 34-20 Patriots

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dolphins had Achane at RB and he was more 5than a handful. He's on IR and Mostert is the 'go-to'. He's been struggling because he's been beaten up. The FIns Ol is a being taped and stitched much like the Patriots were in the beginning. Tua isn't getting 5-6 seconds every time he drops backs and his accuracy has suffered over the past few weeks. I said this before and will live by it. Other teams saw thet 70 point score and every week those defenses have said to themselves, "Those assholes ain't scorin' shit on us." The Dolphins have been attacked every week.

Patriots are pumped with the win over the Bills and the Dolphins are going to be in a very wary mode. They've lost two in a row and could only muster 17 against the Eagless. The last thing they want is a home loss against the Patriots and that may be just enough stress to allow the patriots to catch them a bit flat footed.

I predicted the Bills upset.

I have a gut feeling that the defense is going to push the patriots over the line. 34-20 Patriots
You predicted the Pats to lose

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You predicted the Pats to lose
I forgot about the Cunningham caveat:

Sorry I didn't post this earlier. Had trouble getting my laptop working correctly.

Bills stepped on their crank last week against the Jets. Panic is starting to settle in. McDermott was talking in tongues after the loss,

They are really concerned about screwing the pooh in Foxboro. They'll be really putting a shit ton of wood on the fire.

Josh is primed to try to do too much and just might make a couple of mistakes early.

The biggest problem for the Patriots is that Mac doesn't have the "killer Instinct".

Bills 13 Patriots 10

If Cunningham starts:

Patriots 22 Bills 13

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sorry I didn't post this earlier. Had trouble getting my laptop working correctly.

Bills stepped on their crank last week against the Jets. Panic is starting to settle in. McDermott was talking in tongues after the loss,

They are really concerned about screwing the pooh in Foxboro. They'll be really putting a shit ton of wood on the fire.

Josh is primed to try to do too much and just might make a couple of mistakes early.

The biggest problem for the Patriots is that Mac doesn't have the "killer Instinct".

Bills 13 Patriots 10

If Cunningham starts:

Patriots 22 Bills 13
Mac is still developing, he very much reminds me of Eli Manning, where one week he is fantastic and others below average. And he seems to enter panic mode to early. If the O Line continues to gel and play like they did last week some of that may lessen. It's just year three and while I feel we could consider drafting a QB, still not sure Mac is not an NFL caliber QB

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mac is still developing, he very much reminds me of Eli Manning, where one week he is fantastic and others below average. And he seems to enter panic mode to early. If the O Line continues to gel and play like they did last week some of that may lessen. It's just year three and while I feel we could consider drafting a QB, still not sure Mac is not an NFL caliber QB
He's still a bit immature. I'm watching the game for the third time and he continually comes off the field with an angry face talking to himself or yelling. Then he sits on the bench and stews. He needs to learn to control his feelings and not wear his emotion on his sleeve.

On the other hand, he looks a bit crazy when the team scores. He needs to show a bit less emotion. Or learn some new dances.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's still a bit immature. I'm watching the game for the third time and he continually comes off the field with an angry face talking to himself or yelling. Then he sits on the bench and stews. He needs to learn to control his feelings and not wear his emotion on his sleeve.

On the other hand, he looks a bit crazy when the team scores. He needs to show a bit less emotion. Or learn some new dances.
I see him do that when he thinks it was a bad play call or he made a bad decision, but I agree as a QB you need to process and move on. We all get he is emotional and at times that is great at other times you need to "Enhance Your Calm".

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've been telling my kids for years, the only play that matters is the next one.

It doesn't matter if you just scored, or if you just let one get by you, the next play is the one that counts.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Dolphins starting left guard Isaiah Wynn, who left Sunday's game with a quad injury, is expected to miss significant time, McDaniel said."

"Miami Dolphins safety Jevon Holland is in the league's concussion protocol after self-reporting symptoms Monday, head coach Mike McDaniel said."

Bills 13 Patriots 10

If Cunningham starts:

Patriots 22 Bills 13
You predisted a win - and a loss.
What did that pay in Reno?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On Offense, Fins O-line is in trouble again.
"The Dolphins finished the game with backups on the left side of the line: Kendall Lamm at left tackle (in place of Terron Armstead), Cotton at guard and Liam Eichenberg at center (for Connor Williams)."

On defense, Dolphins secondary is in bad shape.
They will be starting Nik Needham instard of Holland. Nik has not played since early last year with torn achilles
Xavien Howard - there highly paid CB, is on IR

Dolphins defense is 27th in the NFL in points scored against. Now more injuries......
Their patchwork secondary will be ripe for the picking!