• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game #16 NE Patriots vs Buffalo Bills, Sunday December 31, 2023 1:00 PM (CBS)

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again.

There is no way we are not taking a QB in round 1

Assuming BB is still steering the ship I think it's going to be very interesting.

Russel Wilson will almost certainly be available. Kirk Cousins appears to be available. There's a bunch of other free agents as well. While none of them are exciting IMO, free agents are a possibility.

But ya, I'd be going QB though I have no idea which one.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Assuming BB is still steering the ship I think it's going to be very interesting.

Russel Wilson will almost certainly be available. Kirk Cousins appears to be available. There's a bunch of other free agents as well. While none of them are exciting IMO, free agents are a possibility.

But ya, I'd be going QB though I have no idea which one.
Well determining if BB is still the coach is job one. Because if he's not, then we need to name a coach and GM as quickly as possible as they will be making the calls in FA and the draft, and determine what type of offense this team will run

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well determining if BB is still the coach is job one. Because if he's not, then we need to name a coach and GM as quickly as possible as they will be making the calls in FA and the draft, and determine what type of offense this team will run
That's number one and Kraft cannot drag his feet.

Kraft must decide whether or not to get his GM first and let him go through the Rooney Rule mularkey.

Dimitroff is available and heading up Sumersport. Scott Pioli is available and doing television. Just to name two.

Coaching name that is starting to enter into a lot of conversation is Jim Harbaugh. He'd jump at the chance to get back into the NFL and running the Patriots against his brother and the Ravens would be something to see.

Of course Jerod Mayo is the first name that's being spoken.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's number one and Kraft cannot drag his feet.

Kraft must decide whether or not to get his GM first and let him go through the Rooney Rule mularkey.

Dimitroff is available and heading up Sumersport. Scott Pioli is available and doing television. Just to name two.

Coaching name that is starting to enter into a lot of conversation is Jim Harbaugh. He'd jump at the chance to get back into the NFL and running the Patriots against his brother and the Ravens would be something to see.

Of course Jerod Mayo is the first name that's being spoken.

Gronk was asked by that POA Kay Adams about Mayo being the next coach of the Pats and I think he nailed it. Shouldn't he earn the DC position first? Gronk went on to say that while Mayo certainly has a future in coaching he's currently completely unqualified.

Gronk thinks BB keeps the job.

I agree with Gronk.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gronk was asked by that POA Kay Adams about Mayo being the next coach of the Pats
I saw that too. There have been many successful coaches that were not an OC or DC. The HC has to be able to manage and control and do so without creating hate. Mayo was promised something when he refused the Colts interview. He's officially the Linebackers Coach but he's been the unofficial DC or Ass't DC to BB. Phil Perry made a good point. If BB is kept around to finish his last year, would that final year make a difference as far as his experience is concerned?

I think that his biggest drawback is that he was a linebacker and has been a defensive coach in a league that has moved so offensively. That's why OCs are so sought after.

I'll throw out a name and he's been an OC for years. Eric Bienemy . Look what he did with Mahomes and Howell. I think he'd be perfect.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw that too. There have been many successful coaches that were not an OC or DC. The HC has to be able to manage and control and do so without creating hate. Mayo was promised something when he refused the Colts interview. He's officially the Linebackers Coach but he's been the unofficial DC or Ass't DC to BB. Phil Perry made a good point. If BB is kept around to finish his last year, would that final year make a difference as far as his experience is concerned?

I think that his biggest drawback is that he was a linebacker and has been a defensive coach in a league that has moved so offensively. That's why OCs are so sought after.

I'll throw out a name and he's been an OC for years. Eric Bienemy . Look what he did with Mahomes and Howell. I think he'd be perfect.

Couple of things:

1) How do we know that Mayo was promised anything other than unsubstantiated reports from a very untrustworthy local media? Maybe they simply gave him a raise to not go interview for a job he wasn't going to be offered. I believe Mayo fulfills the Rooney rule.
2) Eric Bienemy has consistently interviewed for HC jobs and has consistently not been offered the job. There has to be something to that when you consider his success on the offensive side of the ball. I've read that he's a dick that divides the room but that could be all media bs. Just the same, he has not been given a HC job for some reason.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couple of things:

1) How do we know that Mayo was promised anything other than unsubstantiated reports from a very untrustworthy local media? Maybe they simply gave him a raise to not go interview for a job he wasn't going to be offered. I believe Mayo fulfills the Rooney rule.
2) Eric Bienemy has consistently interviewed for HC jobs and has consistently not been offered the job. There has to be something to that when you consider his success on the offensive side of the ball. I've read that he's a dick that divides the room but that could be all media bs. Just the same, he has not been given a HC job for some reason.
Since none of us have ever been in an interview with him, we have no idea what's happened.

One thing that we all know, Owners have always picked the guy that they want. Bienemy has been in the loop, but He's pretty much been a Rooney Rule candidate, filling the racial equality requirement. If he is a dick that divides a room, his results have been pretty good doing it. Notice that his first year away from Kansas City has the Chiefs offense struggling? Notice that his first year with Washington has resulted in a very promising Commanders' offense with a rookie QB?

I'd give him a shot. He'd clean the house of BB's friends, relatives and associates and bring in his own coaches and staff.

Like you, I've read a bunch of stuff too.

Did you read Abdrew Callahan's story? Kraft demanded that Bill bring in BOB. Bill thought that Patricia had things well in hand and wanted hium and Judge to have a second year. BOB came and wanted to bring in a new offensive staff. BB said, "NO". He allowed BOB one new hire and brought in a TE coach to replace the departed Caley. Is this another Belichick's Way of saying, "Do what's best for the team"? Or was it his way of not letting BOB bring in a complete staff and showing him up by turning the offense around?

Another thing. Adrian Klemm. He's supposedly "ill". Not true. I read that he's actually been suspended for openly screaming at Groh for the piss poor quality of the OL. Groh pretty much said, "If you're the OL Coach, coach them to be better." Klemm continued to bitch and J. Kraft told Bil he didn't want him saying one more thing or he'd clean house. This was about 8 weeks ago. Klemm shut up for a couple of weeks and then spouted off again. BB sent him home and supposedly told him to cool off. Rumor is that Klemm made a couple of phone call and one of them was the wrong person. Klemm has been ill for the last four weeks.

What's the truth? 25%? 50%. 75%? 99%? We always say the media is full of shit. I don't believe that they make up stuff. They hear something, try to vet it and once they get a partial vetting, they report what they know. We may not like it. We may not believe it. Once a report is out there, people will start digging until they find what they want or get something new.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since none of us have ever been in an interview with him, we have no idea what's happened.

One thing that we all know, Owners have always picked the guy that they want. Bienemy has been in the loop, but He's pretty much been a Rooney Rule candidate, filling the racial equality requirement. If he is a dick that divides a room, his results have been pretty good doing it. Notice that his first year away from Kansas City has the Chiefs offense struggling? Notice that his first year with Washington has resulted in a very promising Commanders' offense with a rookie QB?

I'd give him a shot. He'd clean the house of BB's friends, relatives and associates and bring in his own coaches and staff.

Did you read Abdrew Callahan's story? Kraft demanded that Bill bring in BOB. Bill thought that Patricia had things well in hand and wanted hium and Judge to have a second year. BOB came and wanted to bring in a new offensive staff. BB said, "NO". He allowed BOB one new hire and brought in a TE coach to replace the departed Caley. Is this another Belichick's Way of saying, "Do what's best for the team"? Or was it his way of not letting BOB bring in a complete staff and showing him up by turning the offense around?

Another thing. Adrian Klemm. He's supposedly "ill". Not true. I read that he's actually been suspended for openly screaming at Groh for the piss poor quality of the OL. Groh pretty much said, "If you're the OL Coach, coach them to be better." Klemm continued to bitch and J. Kraft told Bil he didn't want him saying one more thing or he'd clean house. This was about 8 weeks ago. Klemm shut up for a couple of weeks and then spouted off again. BB sent him home and supposedly told him to cool off. Rumor is that Klemm made a couple of phone call and one of them was the wrong person. Klemm has been ill for the last four weeks.

What's the truth? 25%? 50%. 75%? 99%? We always say the media is full of shit. I don't believe that they make up stuff. They hear something, try to vet it and once they get a partial vetting, they report what they know. We may not like it. We may not believe it. Once a report is out there, people will start digging until they find what they want or get something new.
Link? link? link/ link/ link?

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

From google. I didn't dig any deeper so this is the first thing that came up.

Where is Washington Commanders offense ranked?

The Washington Commanders were a mess offensively in 2023. Washington averaged 18.9 points per game, 24th in the NFL.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From google. I didn't dig any deeper so this is the first thing that came up.

Where is Washington Commanders offense ranked?

The Washington Commanders were a mess offensively in 2023. Washington averaged 18.9 points per game, 24th in the NFL.

The Washington Commanders' 2022 offense ranked 24th in points scored and 20th in yards gained. The Commanders averaged 18.9 points per game, which is 24th in the NFL. The Commanders also allow 48 sacks in 2022, which is seventh-most in the league.

THINGS DIDN'T CHANGE MUCH IN 2023 DEPENDING ON WHO YOU BELIEVE. YAHOO FINANCE OR FOX SPORTS

According to Yahoo Finance, the Washington Commanders' offense ranked 24thin the NFL in 2023, averaging 18.9 points per game.

According to Fox Sports, the Commanders' offense ranks 23rd in 2023, with 321.1 average offense yards.

According to StatMuse, the Commanders have 5,137 yards of total offense this season.

Attachments

• 1704481379434.png
    1704481379434.png
    21.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 1704481379457.png
    1704481379457.png
    520 bytes · Views: 0
  • 1704481379593.png
    1704481379593.png
    271 bytes · Views: 0
  • 1704481379480.jpeg
    1704481379480.jpeg
    10.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 1704481379504.jpeg
    1704481379504.jpeg
    10.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 1704481379526.png
    1704481379526.png
    273 bytes · Views: 0
  • 1704481379567.jpeg
    1704481379567.jpeg
    12.2 KB · Views: 0

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Washington Commanders' 2022 offense ranked 24th in points scored and 20th in yards gained. The Commanders averaged 18.9 points per game, which is 24th in the NFL. The Commanders also allow 48 sacks in 2022, which is seventh-most in the league.

THINGS DIDN'T CHANGE MUCH IN 2023 DEPENDING ON WHO YOU BELIEVE. YAHOO FINANCE OR FOX SPORTS

According to Yahoo Finance, the Washington Commanders' offense ranked 24thin the NFL in 2023, averaging 18.9 points per game.

According to Fox Sports, the Commanders' offense ranks 23rd in 2023, with 321.1 average offense yards.

According to StatMuse, the Commanders have 5,137 yards of total offense this season.

ESPN has them at 21. Don't see how that qualifies the OC for a HC gig.

That's my opinion. No thanks, Eric.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't see how that qualifies the OC for a HC gig.
A couple of teams thought that Josh McDaniels was an honest candidate after having one of the top offenses over a ten year period. Bienemy had a monster offense with Mahomes. His true ccallingis that he somehow gets the best out of a QB. Then again, he left KC as did four or five WR and Mahomes challenge to TB12 passing records has taken dramatic turn south. Maybe your right and it's Bienemy's social skills when interviewing that bastardize him. If he never gets a chance, we'll never know.

Who would you nominate for the HC job?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A couple of teams thought that Josh McDaniels was an honest candidate after having one of the top offenses over a ten year period. Bienemy had a monster offense with Mahomes. His true ccallingis that he somehow gets the best out of a QB. Then again, he left KC as did four or five WR and Mahomes challenge to TB12 passing records has taken dramatic turn south. Maybe your right and it's Bienemy's social skills when interviewing that bastardize him. If he never gets a chance, we'll never know.

Who would you nominate for the HC job?
Why go for Bienemy if you can get Hackett? He's leading the 32nd ranked offense!

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why go for Bienemy if you can get Hackett? He's leading the 32nd ranked offense!
Heard that McVay will be let go Monday. Think he would be a good candidate??

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard that McVay will be let go Monday. Think he would be a good candidate??

The Rams are in the playoffs… why would they let him go??? Makes zero sense at all…. Jeeze…….

I’ve literally just looked at 5-6 articles about “Coaches on the hot seat”. Not a single one had McVay.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams are in the playoffs… why would they let him go??? Makes zero sense at all…. Jeeze…….

I’ve literally just looked at 5-6 articles about “Coaches on the hot seat”. Not a single one had McVay.
This was being "talked about" back when they needed to fill out an article. It was all conjecture of course.....