• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game #8 NE Patriots vs Miami Dolphins Sunday October 29, 2023 1:00 PM (CBS)

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? You have no way to listen to the game on PC or radio! You would rather have a thread inundated with play by play txt?
Yeah, really.

If I'm not there to watching it I'm probably doing something that requires my attention.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again refs miss calls, it happens.

Yes it certainly does and I know that call wouldn't mean a win or anything like that but when "safety" is concerned and the league being so "worried" about it.... You'd think they'd call that for sure
So what exactly does the replay booth in New York look at anyways?
It was on national f'ing TV!!!!!
Are they waiting for his head to go rolling to center field?

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oyy okay.
You've never encountered corruption or bias in your life?

I wish my life had been as sheltered as yours.

I truly hope you never need to use this piece of info, but let me share something...there are bad people out there. Sometimes they do bad things.
And they can come from every walk of life and in any profession. Cops, lawyers, judges. Doctors, nurses, Dentists. Firemen. Trash collectors, teachers, pilots and flight attendants.
Etc, etc, etc...

So, with that in mind, maybe a ref or two as well.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes they're waiting for his head to roll on national TV! If it's not a reviewable play they cannot review it. What I am proposing it allowing some room other than what is defined as reviewable, get NY involved so it doesn't slow the game

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes they're waiting for his head to roll on national TV! If it's not a reviewable play they cannot review it. What I am proposing it allowing some room other than what is defined as reviewable, get NY involved so it doesn't slow the game
I believe that should be a challengeable non call.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

it's New York, so they aren't looking at anything....

Player safety clearly isn't a priority for the NFL

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I officiated and coached basketball and football until I was 58 years old.

I had coaches who were nothing but a pain in the ass every single game they were at.

I admit that I was quicker to throw a flag for a minor foul against that coach's team. We didn't have replays. I would simply argue my flag with the Umpire and rarely did he vehemently disagree with me.

I never once didn't throw a flag because I didn't "like" or favored another team. Especially a dirty hit or a late hit.

Pro officials are supposed to be above that shit. Then again, watching BB scream at the officials as much as he did yesterday, it wouldn't be hard for one of them to pull the rag.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wish my life had been as sheltered as yours.

I truly hope you never need to use this piece of info, but let me share something...there are bad people out there. Sometimes they do bad things.
And they can come from every walk of life and in any profession. Cops, lawyers, judges. Doctors, nurses, Dentists. Firemen. Trash collectors, teachers, pilots and flight attendants.
Etc, etc, etc...

So, with that in mind, maybe a ref or two as well.
That was a dramatic comment, to be expected I guess, considering the source! I think it's been documented here that I have experienced bias you being overly dramatic is not proving anything one way or the other.

All I said is I do not believe that refs are intentionally missing calls and that missed calls don't often determine the outcome of a game. Can it? Sure I guess but the NFL is a team sport, it's not like boxing where the refs can make a huge difference. Calling out a ref for a missed call is one thing, blaming a ref for a team losing is another, and proclaiming a ref intentionally made biased calls against a team is flat out homerism.

As badly as the Pats got beat Sunday putting the loss on anything other than the coaches and the players is asinine.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a dramatic comment, to be expected I guess, considering the source! I think it's been documented here that I have experienced bias you being overly dramatic is not proving anything one way or the other.

All I said is I do not believe that refs are intentionally missing calls and that missed calls don't often determine the outcome of a game. Can it? Sure I guess but the NFL is a team sport, it's not like boxing where the refs can make a huge difference. Calling out a ref for a missed call is one thing, blaming a ref for a team losing is another, and proclaiming a ref intentionally made biased calls against a team is flat out homerism.

As badly as the Pats got beat Sunday putting the loss on anything other than the coaches and the players is asinine.
I started the discussion about the refs and started by acknowledging the phins were in no jeopardy of losing. I have seen at least one other state the "observed imbalance" wasn't the cause of the loss. I've seen nobody else state the refs caused the loss. Of course we are homers on our own board and probably miss some calls that favor our team.

Why do you have a constant need to proclaim you aren't a homer whilst everyone else is?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I started the discussion about the refs and started by acknowledging the phins were in no jeopardy of losing. I have seen at least one other state the "observed imbalance" wasn't the cause of the loss. I've seen nobody else state the refs caused the loss. Of course we are homers on our own board and probably miss some calls that favor our team.

Why do you have a constant need to proclaim you aren't a homer whilst everyone else is?
Show me where I ever proclaimed I was not! You can't.

I don't make excuses for piss poor performance, never have never will. And I feel as if even implying the refs had any sort of negative impact on the outcome is homerism.

As I stated refs miss calls, rarely does it have an impact on the outcome of the game. It's easy for us to sit back at home with our 60" 4k UHD TV's, with instant slow motion replay and pause and get the call correct. It's not that easy on a field with 22 big ass men running all over the place on a play that might last 3 to 5 seconds.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Show me where I ever proclaimed I was not! You can't.

I don't make excuses for piss poor performance, never have never will. And I feel as if even implying the refs had any sort of negative impact on the outcome is homerism.

As I stated refs miss calls, rarely does it have an impact on the outcome of the game. It's easy for us to sit back at home with our 60" 4k UHD TV's, with instant slow motion replay and pause and get the call correct. It's not that easy on a field with 22 big ass men running all over the place on a play that might last 3 to 5 seconds.
Yeah, by proclaimed I meant "literally typed out I proclaim". It's called rhetoric, Sparky.

People come here to cheer wins and complain about losses and you shit all over anyone complaining about refs, that do from time to time impact games. It's frustrating to see similar plays for each team be called differently and it's completely normal to vent.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, by proclaimed I meant "literally typed out I proclaim". It's called rhetoric, Sparky.

People come here to cheer wins and complain about losses and you shit all over anyone complaining about refs, that do from time to time impact games. It's frustrating to see similar plays for each team be called differently and it's completely normal to vent.
So in translation. "'I'm a whiney bitch, others here are whiney bitches, please accept us for who we are"!

I understand venting on the team when they play poorly but you and other's consistently want to point fingers at the refs. If that's the fan you want to be, then carry on. Just know that I will call you act for acting like the bitch you present.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, I know and I get it.

I firmly believe that most refs, the majority of them, try to do the right thing.
But just like any other facet of humanity, there will be outliers that make the rest look bad and have people say things like "See, the whole sport is rigged" or "Roger is instructing the stripes to not let the Pats win".

Do bad calls or missed calls determine the outcomes of games? Sometimes yes .It's happened to the Pat's the Eagles, the Packers, the Chiefs, the Jets, the Seahawks, the....and 20 something other teams.
Score is 20-24with 18 seconds left and there is a PI non call that would have made it 26-24, or a hand brushes the QB and all of a sudden it's a late hit on 4th and 15 and it becomes 1st and goal again.

As BB would say though, it's better to not leave it in the refs hands. 35-10 with 18 seconds to go is where you want to be so a PI at that point has zero affect.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mostly agree with this. Sometimes it affects the game, Usually not.
And it is way easier to see plays with CBS/Fox/ESPN doing multiple replays from multiple angles to show us what happened when the ref is behind a LB on the other side of the play.

Hence there was another discussion about review in New York.
I said then that they should be onsite at each venue with a couple of refs working a booth. They could even have separate booth crews from ground crews. And I still say non calls should be both reviewable and/or challengeable.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I know and I get it.

I firmly believe that most refs, the majority of them, try to do the right thing.
But just like any other facet of humanity, there will be outliers that make the rest look bad and have people say things like "See, the whole sport is rigged" or "Roger is instructing the stripes to not let the Pats win".

Do bad calls or missed calls determine the outcomes of games? Sometimes yes .It's happened to the Pat's the Eagles, the Packers, the Chiefs, the Jets, the Seahawks, the....and 20 something other teams.
Score is 20-24with 18 seconds left and there is a PI non call that would have made it 26-24, or a hand brushes the QB and all of a sudden it's a late hit on 4th and 15 and it becomes 1st and goal again.

As BB would say though, it's better to not leave it in the refs hands. 35-10 with 18 seconds to go is where you want to be so a PI at that point has zero affect.
I agree and IMO there are issues with this. If refs are letting calls, go all game then all of a sudden, they decide to make a call I agree that's BS. Which is why I prefer the make the calls all the time. There are people that make comments like, " You don't make that call in that game, or in that part of a game or in that situation". I call BS on this if it's a penalty no matter pre-season game one or the Super Bowl you make the call, always that sets the precedent.

The other thing is, IMO, the rules are written in such a manner that they put the refs in a bad position. As you pointed out a hand inadvertently brushes the helmet of the QB, and bam there is a hand to the face call. I have seen OTs and OGs while in the act of blocking force the defenders hand up into the face area. Its poorly written as are a lot of the rules, again IMO.

This is why I think we both agree, no need to make more calls reviewable. But have to refs, per game in NY watching each play and extra spotter if you will that can buzz the field immediately letting the on-field refs know of a potential situation. At that point the on-field refs or NY can review for confirmation.

The league really needs to take a look at how some of these rules are written and remove the wording allowing for interpretation.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So in translation. "'I'm a whiney bitch, others here are whiney bitches, please accept us for who we are"!

I understand venting on the team when they play poorly but you and other's consistently want to point fingers at the refs. If that's the fan you want to be, then carry on. Just know that I will call you act for acting like the bitch you present.
Hmm...so...let me get this straight. Any other poster complaining about anything on any given Sunday, perhaps the refs, and the are being "Bitches" or Whiney Little Bitches" .

Does that make you a "Bitch" for complaining about what others post?

Just curious.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm...so...let me get this straight. Any other poster complaining about anything on any given Sunday, perhaps the refs, and the are being "Bitches" or Whiney Little Bitches" .

Does that make you a "Bitch" for complaining about what others post?

Just curious.
Sure I guess it could. I'll go with that. No issues here.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure I guess it could. I'll go with that. No issues here.
As I just responded to Chuck...

Please know that I just realized I put my "Be an Asshole" hat on this morning when I thought I grabbed my "Be a Smartass" hat.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I understand venting on the team when they play poorly but you and other's consistently want to point fingers at the refs. If that's the fan you want to be, then carry on. Just know that I will act like a whiney bitch about you acting like the bitch you present.
FIFY