• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game #8 NE Patriots vs Miami Dolphins Sunday October 29, 2023 1:00 PM (CBS)

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do read most of the post from all members but that was a lot. But I understand you are very emotionally and spiritually attached to the team
I said I'll stop. No problem from me.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at the list of potential FA next year. Slim pickins.
And that may be an issue. Mostly I want to look at OT and WR. With WR the top priority. We are getting no separation from our big contract guys

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are zero offensive lineman. Absolutely nothing. We will have to draft and/or trade for one. But who is willing to trade a starting quality OL??

WR …. There is Higgins… Ridley…. Pittman….. Mooney. Not exactly a class to write home about.

Figures we have $$ to spend and there is really nothing special.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Update:

Bourne has an undisclosed knee injury

Parker has an undisclosed ankle injury.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are zero offensive lineman. Absolutely nothing. We will have to draft and/or trade for one. But who is willing to trade a starting quality OL??

WR …. There is Higgins… Ridley…. Pittman….. Mooney. Not exactly a class to write home about.

Figures we have $$ to spend and there is really nothing special.
I would take a real look into Higgins and Ridley. Also ink Duggar if that can be done.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so no blame to the D who gave up over 100 yds to 2 wr
I stated the entire game that no one was covering Jill or Waddle. Miami was constantly in motion and Tua wasn't wasn't under any pressure to to do anything. The DL took the afternoon off after the first quarter.

The secondary was playing off too far and that gave Hill enough space to juke them out of their jocks. The minute they started covering Hill, Waddle was free to go wherever he wanted.

McDaniel outcoached Belichick. He set up the offense to move in and out and the Patriots could never adjust.

The Dolphins defense pressed the OL and then wore them down.

Mac reverted to the old Mac and showed that he doesn't have the tools in his belt to play from behind. He gets down on the offense and himself and cannot find his way out of the Hole. That's been his single greatest problem for the past three years and will be his problem going forward. He never had to do it at Alabama or in high school. This ain't school and he doesn't have the skills to overcome the pressure.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so no blame to the D who gave up over 100 yds to 2 wr:suds:
You assume, we assume there wasn't enough blame to go all the way around. Apparently there is. Bottom line this is not a good football team, nowhere near a good football team

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You assume, we assume there wasn't enough blame to go all the way around. Apparently there is. Bottom line this is not a good football team, nowhere near a good football team
Add the comedy of the fix being in despite the Dolphins really not needing it. On back to back series Bourne was called for a hold and Waddle passed on the exact outside shoulder tug as the play passed by. The the third down stop bailed out by a phantom PI, only to be made up by a missed PI on a first from the one. Then the Godchaux hold which replays made look worse (and the president is DLine holds are usually blockers being pull away from a play). The lack of balance between calls was evident all game.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Add the comedy of the fix being in despite the Dolphins really not needing it. On back to back series Bourne was called for a hold and Waddle passed on the exact outside shoulder tug as the play passed by. The the third down stop bailed out by a phantom PI, only to be made up by a missed PI on a first from the one. Then the Godchaux hold which replays made look worse (and the president is DLine holds are usually blockers being pull away from a play). The lack of balance between calls was evident all game.
Oyyy not the ole "The Refs Screwed US" theme again.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams are bad for several reasons.

1. Poor coaching. Since Scar and Josh left, the Patriots offense has gone continually down.
2. Lack of player skills. This team has very little talent. Name amyone other tha Stevenson tat would be a stater elsewhere?
3. Injuries. Patriots certainly have had their share. But wait. Haven't there been a large number of injuries for the past three years?
4. Poor drafting or poor college player evaluation. Early in his tenure as HC Bill had a great group of scouts and evaluators. Most have gone to other teams for one reason o another. Most because Bill and his staff have pooh, poohed their recommendations.

As with any organization, performances starts at the top. Even the biggest and best corporation know when it's time to move on from a CEO or President. Those that don't are doomed. I worked for Digital Equipment Corporation for ten years beforre being laid off in a huge downsizing in 1994. The CEO and started of the world's second largest computer manufacturer behind IBM retired and brought in a CEO that had driven two other companies into bankruptcy. He asked people for opinions and ignored them. DEC failed and was sold off in pieces, never to restart. 150 locations around the world and 135,000 people were put out of work because one man had control. I see exactly the same thing with the Patriots. The difference? The team will continue no matter how poorly it's managed. That's the only saving grace. In the case of the Patriots, nothing will change until the owner dies and his son finally takes full control. There are two old men at the top trying to play a young man's game.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams are bad for several reasons.

1. Poor coaching. Since Scar and Josh left, the Patriots offense has gone continually down.
2. Lack of player skills. This team has very little talent. Name amyone other tha Stevenson tat would be a stater elsewhere?
3. Injuries. Patriots certainly have had their share. But wait. Haven't there been a large number of injuries for the past three years?
4. Poor drafting or poor college player evaluation. Early in his tenure as HC Bill had a great group of scouts and evaluators. Most have gone to other teams for one reason o another. Most because Bill and his staff have pooh, poohed their recommendations.

As with any organization, performances starts at the top. Even the biggest and best corporation know when it's time to move on from a CEO or President. Those that don't are doomed. I worked for Digital Equipment Corporation for ten years beforre being laid off in a huge downsizing in 1994. The CEO and started of the world's second largest computer manufacturer behind IBM retired and brought in a CEO that had driven two other companies into bankruptcy. He asked people for opinions and ignored them. DEC failed and was sold off in pieces, never to restart. 150 locations around the world and 135,000 people were put out of work because one man had control. I see exactly the same thing with the Patriots. The difference? The team will continue no matter how poorly it's managed. That's the only saving grace. In the case of the Patriots, nothing will change until the owner dies and his son finally takes full control. There are two old men at the top trying to play a young man's game.
And BB was just given a new contract correct? The question for me is, who is a better coach than BB? Has the game really passed him by? Part of me thinks Kraft want's BB to become the winningest coach ever as a Patriot and that's what he is hanging onto. I feel draft are hit and miss but I am not convinced they have been poor.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll stop.

No problem.
On the weeks when I am not able to see the games, I appreciate being able to read the commentary, even if it is the next day. Not quite the same as listening to a transistor radio because I can look away for 20 minutes and then pick it back up, but I feel a real emotion and the energy of the game while reading your posts that is just not there when reading the post game results on some paid website.

I would greatly appreciate if you would continue.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How was that NOT helmet to helmet? I just don't get it! I thought the league was really into "player safety"