• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks' secondary and holding/PI

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I think you're better off with fast and shiftier receivers. There's a risk there, as those guys can have trouble getting off a jam, but once they do, I think the bigger Hawks DBs have trouble staying with them. Crabtree should have some success as, despite his size, he's actually got exceptional change of direction skills. Boldin doesn't. I would like to see us use both Patton and McDonald a little more in this game. RBs out of the backfield, as well.

The 49ers? Throw to RBs out of the backfield?

Hate to say it, but: Keep dreaming, dreamer.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 49ers? Throw to RBs out of the backfield?

Hate to say it, but: Keep dreaming, dreamer.

I said the same thing about Harbaugh's offense and screen passes....until he unleashed multiple screen passes vs. PITT on MNF a couple of years back that resulted in multiple BIG plays. My hope is that they incorporate more plays we "dream" about to disrupt what the defenses are prepared for.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's exactly what I have thought. They are told to do it all the time because the ref will not call a foul on every play because the TV audience would not put up with it. Its institutionalized cheating.

You misspelled "Professional Wrestling."

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the below makes sense to me, but are Crabtree and Boldin these type of receivers? I'd think Crabtree can do it but not so much Boldin. try to use Patton a little bit lined up outside.

Former Seahawks quarterback Warren Moon said the only way to combat the grabby defensive backs is by running plenty of slant-and-go routes and other patterns that involve receivers making cuts. The idea is to get the defense's big cornerbacks on the move and hamper their ability to get their hands on a receiver.

Isn't this EXACTLY Boldin's forte? Am I misremembering history?

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the refs let the secondary use hands then they will let the wr's use them as well. Our wr's are much more physical than their cb's, I'd prefer to see that type of game.

Our wr's need to set a physical tone early to see where the refs are with this one.

I agree.

Plus, I like watching Sherman cry like a little girl. Makes me happy. It'll really make me happy if it happens in his own house.