• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Seahawks at Bengals Week 6

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should be Lock in, but I wouldn't expect him to be any better. He wouldn't hold the fucking ball for 5 seconds in the pocket, but he forces too many and throws way too many stupid INTs.

So we are choosing between two pretty meh options in either case.

They don't have a good QB anymore, more or less an elite one.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With this rebuild, which has been a solid job by Pete and John overall, but they put too much stock in Geno, that was the big mistake.. Not a chance in heck we’re getting to a Super Bowl with Geno, not happening … He’s ok, but just ok is what we just watched in the clutch …

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should be Lock in, but I wouldn't expect him to be any better. He wouldn't hold the fucking ball for 5 seconds in the pocket, but he forces too many and throws way too many stupid INTs.

So we are choosing between two pretty meh options in either case.

They don't have a good QB anymore, more or less an elite one.
We need to focus on finding a good young prospect in the draft.. We’re kinda stuck with Geno for a while.. He’s gonna do ok, maybe we end the season over .500 but that’s most likely it … He’s got a great arm but just gets scared in moments like what we just saw, he was panicking ..

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also!

To small a sample size?

Hows 0-4 after the Bye still two small a sample size?

It really is to bad the Hawks are tied to Geno, I think they might have won had they put in Lock who seems to have more of that right mentality and the ability to "SEE THE DAMN FIELD" Geno locks onto his WR's then just dumps it off. Or he throws the pick. Up until last year he had more TO's than TD's for his CAREER!!!

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can cut Geno next year relatively easily if we need to. I'd just be looking to draft Penix if possible.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can cut Geno next year relatively easily if we need to. I'd just be looking to draft Penix if possible.

Penix will get killed in the NFL. One hit and they are going to need a body bag.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Penix will get killed in the NFL. One hit and they are going to need a body bag.

Well whatever, go get someone young that can get rid of the ball faster than 5 seconds and doesn't lock onto one wide receiver, or if he does (like Wilson did) he can actually scramble and extend the play with his legs (which Geno can't). Go get Daniels out of LSU then.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The big issue is Geno is to comfortable, he is locked in as the starter and he knows it, it has taken his edge off. Open the competition back up and make it public. Say " The competition for the starting job is now on the line between Geno and Lock". Light a fire under his ass because Geno needs it to play better. He can not and never has been able to self motivate.

Geno is like sleep walking out there, looks uninterested and lazy. This why i said PULL HIS ASS when he plays bad. Geno can play better we all know it. They just need to motivate him and taking his job away even if it's just for a quarter could spark something in him.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The big issue is Geno is to comfortable, he is locked in as the starter and it has taken his edge off. Open the competition back up and make it public. Say " The competition for the starting job is now on the line between Geno and Lock". Light a fire under his ass because Geno needs it to play better. He can not and never has been able to self motivate.

Geno is like sleep walking out there, looks uninterested and lazy.

Well the good news is he wont get any of the escalators so that should save us cap room.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle had this game... had they just taken their points (field goals) they would've been fine... but nope, Carroll and Geno went full stupid... was saying the same on the Huskies board yesterday about Oregon constantly going for it.

I hate the term, "Field goals don't win games, TDs do!" No... field goals ABSOLUTELY win games... that's usually what does win it. Take your points in the redzone. OBVIOUSLY you want the TD, but Seattle's coaching and Geno's dumb boneheaded redzone decisions today lost this game.
I usually agree with this take, but in this game I don't. On one rz possession they did take the fg, another was an awful Geno pick. The third was with less than 3 mins left, no guarantee they will get the ball back, and the last possession they had to go for it. I don't put this one on Pete at all.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I usually agree with this take, but in this game I don't. On one rz possession they did take the fg, another was an awful Geno pick. The third was with less than 3 mins left, no guarantee they will get the ball back, and the last possession they had to go for it. I don't put this one on Pete at all.

I did actually say when we were down 17-13, to take the field goal and just 'pray' your D gets the ball back to win with a field goal... because I had ZERO faith Geno could put that ball in the endzone, and I was 100% right. Didn't even give it a chance lol. Your D was playing well (in the second half at least).. you had timeouts, Myers already drilled a 50 yarder... why wouldn't you play to what is working? Geno was NOT.

As for the bonehead INT, you're right... can't blame Carroll on that. That's just Geno playing like shit, which has been the narrative for most of this season. Guy got paid and CPOY... he's done. Time to move on.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol All i can say is "I told you so". When the Luck isn't there and Geno was HELLA lucky last year he isn't but a average QB AT BEST. He will have a good game yes but then he will have 2 or 3 bad games. The Hawks are lucky to not be 2-3 because they got a win with Bad Geno against the Giants. In 5 games we have seen bad Geno for 3 games. Have seen good/ok Geno for 2 games. That INT at the goal line flipped this game big time. They kick a FG there and then they could have kicked the game winner. Or at the very least had TWO chances to kick the game winner. His 2nd INT led to a FG also so they could have had the lead before that. Geno LOST this game people tell me he didn't! It's not like Cincy has a great defense or anything.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this stretch is going to kill our season, we are looking at 9 wins MAX, and we probably drop a game or two we all dont expect to, looking at CLE, PIT, TEN:
1697402700533.png

should be a very deep QB class coming up, even picking 15th might land us a nice prospect.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This one hurts, the Defense only gave up 214 yards ( 168 passing/46 rushing ) and 17 points and kept Cincy under 30% on 3rd down conversions. That's OUTSTANDING!

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this stretch is going to kill our season, we are looking at 9 wins MAX, and we probably drop a game or two we all dont expect to, looking at CLE, PIT, TEN:
View attachment 343260

should be a very deep QB class coming up, even picking 15th might land us a nice prospect.
As long as it isn't Nix. We don't need another QB that can't win big games on the road.
High Five Huskies GIF by Washington Athletics

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 343260

Our offense is LOADED, even a 2nd round QB could lead this team better than Geno. Have you NOT seen how many WIDE OPEN players he NEVER see's? If you all want to get REALLY pissed off go watch the all 22. You will throw shit, not joking. Have to wait for this game though but i saw plenty of WIDE OPEN players today as the TV crew liked to show us some of them and others were seen live.

I believe Lock has more "it" factor than Geno just based off his desire. He might only go 13 for 30 but he will have 300+ yards because he see's the open guys and gets it to them so they can actually get some YAC!

Sucks to have the defense only give up 20 points total the last two games and going only 1-1

Last edited:

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did actually say when we were down 17-13, to take the field goal and just 'pray' your D gets the ball back to win with a field goal... because I had ZERO faith Geno could put that ball in the endzone, and I was 100% right. Didn't even give it a chance lol. Your D was playing well (in the second half at least).. you had timeouts, Myers already drilled a 50 yarder... why wouldn't you play to what is working? Geno was NOT.

As for the bonehead INT, you're right... can't blame Carroll on that. That's just Geno playing like shit, which has been the narrative for most of this season. Guy got paid and CPOY... he's done. Time to move on.
Gotcha I missed the post that you said that

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something is cookin' in New York! :eek:

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotcha I missed the post that you said that

Oh no worries. Haven't had much interaction with you (although always pleasant) but for what it's worth I'm a pretty big 'take your points' guy. Yes there are moments where going for it makes sense but if it's the 1st quarter and 4th and goal at the 1 yard line, kick it.

On the 2nd to last possession, I was actually screaming for Seattle to hurry the fuck up so we could kick the FG and still have the 2 minute warning as a free timeout lol.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sucks to have another LoB style defensive performances and not get to feel good about it. This one hurts me bad because there is NO WAY this team with the talent it has on offense ( Minus the QB ) should lose a game when they hold a team under 30% on 3rd downs under 50 in rushing yards, under 170 in passing and under 215 TOTAL yards. GOD DAMN IT I AM SO PISSED! Waited two weeks for Geno to bend over his own team!

:gaah::gaah::gaah::gaah::gaah::gaah::gaah::gaah::gaah::gaah::gaah::gaah::gaah::gaah::gaah::gaah::gaah::gaah::gaah::gaah::gaah::gaah:

Last edited: