• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks 2020 Draft thread!

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey it could be worse, we could be GB and picked a QB:D

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh I'm sure we'll never here Jordyn Brooks' name on the field again. :L

I was laughing super hard at the Packers pick of Love, but only Seattle's FO could come close to generating the same level of facepalm.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well there is a lot of talent still on the board but most of it will be gone by the time Seattle picks again.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
E0FFFF6F-3E4E-4126-B474-6593AC838580.jpeg

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mind it at all. This guy has good speed for 240 and looks tough. Need more of that on defense for sure.
Seen a lot of his games, a few in person. I don't know if he was worth a 1st round pick, but he is a good football player. Tough kid

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seen a lot of his games, a few in person. I don't know if he was worth a 1st round pick, but he is a good football player. Tough kid
I don't know if he was worth a 1st round pick either. None of us do. We also don't know that he wasn't. I look forward to seeing what he can do, and I'll keep an open mind about it.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m convinced if the Seahawks had the number one overall pick they would not take the obvious option... They would trade it or draft someone who is off everybody’s radar.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You gotta remember that fans have been studying this for several weeks now, and they know what should be done!

Shit i forgot, we arent allowed to have opinions.

I don't know if he was worth a 1st round pick either. None of us do. We also don't know that he wasn't. I look forward to seeing what he can do, and I'll keep an open mind about it.

At least admit LB is not our top need. AT LEAST give us that much.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit i forgot, we arent allowed to have opinions.

At least admit LB is not our top need. AT LEAST give us that much.
I don't know why fans think that teams only care about the current season. If you're looking at the draft to fill immediate needs, then my guess is you don't do NFL front office to make a living.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know why fans think that teams only care about the current season. If you're looking at the draft to fill immediate needs, then my guess is you don't do NFL front office to make a living.

Ya youre right, winning the superbowl this year isnt the goal. Its a few years down the road when russell is 37.

You are what we call an NPC. Whatever the team does is good, dont think for yourself, just consume product and get excited for next product.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like he’s probably going to replace Kendricks. 20 tackles for loss is in college last year is pretty impressive plus he’s fast and can rest a quarterback

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya youre right, winning the superbowl this year isnt the goal. Its a few years down the road when russell is 37.

You are what we call an NPC. Whatever the team does is good, dont think for yourself, just consume product and get excited for next product.

Whether this team is a Super Bowl contender this year has absolutely nothing to do with who we draft this year.

We need to bring back Clowney or find something that approximates his talent. If we do that, I am pretty excited about our team. If we don't, then we are doomed to another playoff exit.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After Aaron the surest most safest draft pick Curry was taken at 4 and crashed and burned, I gave up putting too much stock in College prospects... You always just have to wait and see ... Some turn into stars and some don’t know matter where they’re drafted ...

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the pick especially on defense whether we like it or not we did invest a 1st round pick in LJ Collier and a 3rd rounder on Rasheem Green the year before so to go back and invest another first rounder on a DE shows that they may not know what they are doing. I still think they should draft a DE in this draft but Kendricks isnt coming back, bobby wagner was on the edge of having offseason surgery on his ankle or knee but if Bobby goes down or KJ the only person we really have on roster to cover down is Cody Barton and after that is Shaquem Griffin at which point we would be phucked going into a game.

As long as they continue to address the front 7 I am happy with it.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Hawks have historically made lousy first round picks with this regime, we all know that. What we also know is that they build their team through all avenues for guys that fit their scheme and fit their system which includes certain personal characteristics. Brooks is labeled as a tackling machine with lots of speed and a mean streak that provides the attitude this Seahawks defense needs. Also, the kid was homeless at one point with his twin sister and was able to persevere through some pretty heavy obstacles to get to this point. He’s without a doubt a Pete Carroll guy through and through, he has talent and the will to win at all cost. We draft for our system not for flashy draft grades. Kiper had Brooks as and early to mid second, and included Seattle as day one winners for landing Brooks. We all had our preferences there, but I think this will be known as one of the better first round picks they’ve had in a while once Norton gets his hands on him.

On to the second, this is where the Hawks boards start to shine.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess the more I think about it, Seattle had one of the worst rush defenses last year, we seem to love using a 3 linebacker set, KJ Wright doesn't appear the same after his injury a couple years back, and Wagner is probably not too far off from an injury (just given the hits he's taken over the years, similar to Keuchley) - he may even retire after his contract is up.

Our linebacker depth is actually fairly weak, so I guess this is not only insurance for Wagner/Wright, but Kendricks is also gone and Barton wasn't lighting it up last year.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can someone please convince me this was a good first round pick?

It fills a huge need. At both LB and speed on defense. As much as I love KJ and everything he's done for the franchise, seeing him get outrun by a broken down Josh McCown in the playoffs was painful. This guy feels like he can a solid Seahawk based on his speed and ability to tackle. If you want to say Queen would have been a better choice, I can't argue that, we will just have to see how it plays out. I wont judge that yet. I personally prefer this over reaching for an Edge Rusher in a weak class, or a RB or OL.

Could they have gotten him in the early second with a trade down? Possibly, but for that you need a partner. Sounds like they tried with GB and once Love was drafted it probably ended any chance of someone wanting to trade up.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I try to be reasonable about things, not make hasty judgments fueled by emotion, consider as many relevant data points as I can get my hands on, rely on those subject matter experts I trust, and not pretend to know things I don't. That certainly makes me different than you, but it doesn't mean I don't think for myself. It just means I think.