• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks 2020 Draft thread!

uwdawgfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 35.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did i actually say i wanted him? "ME LIKEY! ME DRAFT PROSISE!". if i recall correctly, i said he was a fred jackson clone 3rd down receiving back and that they might draft him. which was 100% correct on my part.

injuries ruined his career.
Still a Prosise fan.....dude just couldn't stay healthy. Without a doubt he is a explosive player when healthy.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, day two is done.

I like what we’ve done so far adding speed on the D and a stud run blocker on the o-line. I’d like to see more edge rush and a RB tomorrow early on, and then fill some depth in the later rounds. Regardless of what happens tomorrow we still need to add a Griffin or Clowney when all is said and done. If we do, this will be a solid offseason and a better team moving forward.

I like what we've done as well, too... Glad we went Defensive front 7 w/ our first 2 picks and OL with our last today... I'm bummed that K. Vaughn (Vandy) RB was already drafted... TB got a great RB...

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the Lewis pick. According to PFF Lewis is one of the best run blocks in NCAAF. He's not an exceptional pass protector, but we do run the ball often and I feel like we haven't had a good road grader run blocker on the interior in a while. If he can improve his pass blocking skills he should be an immediate starter.

Someone mentioned his 'grabbing'/holding which is a shame, but I feel guards can get away with that more than tackles... so that might be okay.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lewis, Hawks add to the Oline.

Ok so 19 Olineman on the team now, one more and they could field 4 COMPLETE olines....

i find this a little stupid, thats just a shit ton of players.

If it's any consolation, the Bears have 10 tight ends now, LMAO

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overall a decent day 2. I like the Lewis pick since he's a road grader and will help our run game tremendously which is important in a division with Aaron Donald (who just crushes our interior line) and the 49ers overall front 4.

I like the Taylor selection, I just didn't think we needed to give up a 3rd to move up and grab him. If we'd stayed at 59 and taken him I'd be thrilled with the selection.

That said, Taylor graded very high in the pass rush last year. I can't knock Seattle for improving the one area that EVERY ONE of you (and every analyst) has been saying we need to address. You're not going to get Nick Bosa in the 2nd/3rd round anyway, so some comments from other sites on the fact 'he's a bit raw', well no shit.

Again the trade was a a bit disappointing, but I have a funny feeling Seattle was concerned the Rams would snatch him with one of their two 2nd round picks which were both before Seattle. They ended up doubling up on the offense, but perhaps they would've taken Taylor if available. It would certainly fill a need on their end and Taylor played 3-4 in College quite a bit (will be interesting to see how that translates to our 4-3 scheme). They have a pretty big pass rush hole and need with Fowler going to Atlanta. I get Floyd was brought in, but meh..

Nice that we have 2 4ths and snagged the early 5th. Should be some good action early today.

I'd like to see us snag a RB, CB, and DT with those first 3.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Makes Sense" is how I describe the way I feel about things so far. I don't know much about any of the players, but the tools they have at the positions they play seem to be as good a match as anything else for what I thought the team needed to add up to this point. Our D was ranked closer to the bottom of the league than at any point in a long, long time so bringing in 2 explosive athletes to the front 7 was in order. And while it may surprise people to learn that this "run first" team actually passes more often (54:46 in 2019), the ratio is still heavier on the run than nearly every team so picking a big body to open holes for Chris Carson also has merit. Of course how we look back on it all depends on how good the players end up being (and for some, how good players we overlooked end up being), but the logic behind the moves through the first 3 rounds seems sound to me. If I had a nitpick, it would be preference of adding a T over a G but that's without seeing the team's board, of course.

As far as the second guessing about trading up for Taylor goes, I won't sweat too much over that one. Could he have still been there without the trade up? We'll never know, but clearly JS thought we needed to jump up to get him so I'll defer to his judgment on that because I think he's earned the benefit of the doubt and was the "commander on the ground" as we used to say. It's not like we pulled a Chicago and outsmarted ourselves to trade up 1 spot.

Today I'm looking for a PR/KR, probably a RB, maybe DT, and it's hard to picture a JS/PC draft without taking a late round flyer on a DB.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Makes Sense" is how I describe the way I feel about things so far. I don't know much about any of the players, but the tools they have at the positions they play seem to be as good a match as anything else for what I thought the team needed to add up to this point. Our D was ranked closer to the bottom of the league than at any point in a long, long time so bringing in 2 explosive athletes to the front 7 was in order. And while it may surprise people to learn that this "run first" team actually passes more often (54:46 in 2019), the ratio is still heavier on the run than nearly every team so picking a big body to open holes for Chris Carson also has merit. Of course how we look back on it all depends on how good the players end up being (and for some, how good players we overlooked end up being), but the logic behind the moves through the first 3 rounds seems sound to me. If I had a nitpick, it would be preference of adding a T over a G but that's without seeing the team's board, of course.

As far as the second guessing about trading up for Taylor goes, I won't sweat too much over that one. Could he have still been there without the trade up? We'll never know, but clearly JS thought we needed to jump up to get him so I'll defer to his judgment on that because I think he's earned the benefit of the doubt and was the "commander on the ground" as we used to say. It's not like we pulled a Chicago and outsmarted ourselves to trade up 1 spot.

Today I'm looking for a PR/KR, probably a RB, maybe DT, and it's hard to picture a JS/PC draft without taking a late round flyer on a DB.

More I thought about it (as I posted above), I have to imagine JS/PC did the trade up for 2 reasons:

1) There was discussion and rumors of Seattle trading into the early 2nd to take him (could not find a partner).
2) The Rams have a hole at 3-4 OLB after Fowler left to Atlanta. Yah they filled it with Floyd, but Floyd has never really lived up to the hype and his contract is only for 1 year. He also suffered some early career injuries that I think are impacting his ability to live up to his top 10 pick status. In any event, the Rams had two second round picks both before Seattle. Yes they ended up going offense/offense, but if Taylor was there I would not be surprised if they pulled the trigger. Taylor has extensive experience as a 3-4 OLB (somewhat rare in College) which is what the Rams are running right now. It will be interesting to see how Taylor translates to a 4-3.

Taylor end of day is one of the best pass rush grades in the draft. Every analyst and person in Seattle has been saying, "We have to address the pass rush!" so... I can't fault Seattle for the pick. I still can't give it a HIGH grade because of the 3rd surrendered, but I like the player.

Frankly I'm happy with all 3 picks so far. I love Brooks because it helps our terrible run defense, I like Taylor because pass rush, and I like the road grader run blocking style of Lewis.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More I thought about it (as I posted above), I have to imagine JS/PC did that for 2 reasons:

1) There was discussion and rumors of Seattle trading into the early 2nd to take him (could not find a partner).
2) The Rams have a hole at 3-4 OLB after Fowler left to Atlanta. Yah they filled it with Floyd, but Floyd has never really lived up to the hype and his contract is only for 1 year. He also suffered some early career injuries that I think are impacting his ability to live up to his top 10 pick status. In any event, the Rams had two second round picks both before Seattle. Yes they ended up going offense/offense, but if Taylor was there I would not be surprised if they pulled the trigger.

Taylor end of day is one of the best pass rush grades in the draft. Every analyst and person in Seattle has been saying, "We have to address the pass rush!" so... I can't fault Seattle for the pick. I still can't give it a HIGH grade because of the 3rd surrendered, but I like the player.

Frankly I'm happy with all 3 picks so far. I love Brooks because it helps our terrible run defense, I like Taylor because pass rush, and I like the road grade run blocking style of Lewis.

If Taylor is the player that PC/JS think he is, then the 3rd rounder will be a price well paid for him. Given past examples of the Hawks trading up to get players, I'm fine with that risk.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Taylor is the player that PC/JS think he is, then the 3rd rounder will be a price well paid for him. Given past examples of the Hawks trading up to get players, I'm fine with that risk.

I have high hopes. He played well his senior year and that was with a shin fracture, so he wasn't 100%. His pass rush MOVESET is very polished for a College draft pick as well from the clips I watched. Only concern is he's going up mostly against right tackles (not left) and how does his play transition from a 3-4 to a 4-3 (Seattle does granted get creative with their scheme at times), but there's a lot to like.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have high hopes. He played well his senior year and that was with a shin fracture, so he wasn't 100%. His pass rush MOVESET is very polished for a College draft pick as well from the clips I watched. Only concern is he's going up mostly against right tackles (not left) and how does his play transition from a 3-4 to a 4-3 (Seattle does granted get creative with their scheme at times), but there's a lot to like.

The Seahawks have a pretty fluid defensive scheme for their DL.

Seems like Taylor is like Cliff Avril. A little undersized for a edge rusher but not terribly so and his explosiveness will really put lineman on their heels.

The question is how he will handle dropping back into coverage and how quickly he can learn his assignments. But I have to say I love when the Hawks go for productive players that dropped in draft stock because of injuries that kept them out of the Senior Bowl and other events like that.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Seahawks have a pretty fluid defensive scheme for their DL.

Seems like Taylor is like Cliff Avril. A little undersized for a edge rusher but not terribly so and his explosiveness will really put lineman on their heels.

The question is how he will handle dropping back into coverage and how quickly he can learn his assignments. But I have to say I love when the Hawks go for productive players that dropped in draft stock because of injuries that kept them out of the Senior Bowl and other events like that.

Yah I've seen a lot of folks compare him to Cliff Avril. I'm not sure how often Seattle will drop him into coverage. Feels like a LEO conversion (to your point, Cliff Avril/Clemons).

I'd really like to see something out of Collier this season and for Rasheem Green to make the final transition to a complete player (we drafted him as a huge project/raw guy, but he's got the talent/ability to get there).

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, heading into the 4th round, here's my list highest scored remaining prospects:

1. Prince Tega Wanogho, T Auburn
  2. Jacob Eason, QB Washington
  3. Netane Muti, G Fresno State
  4. Bryce Hall, CB Virginia
  5. Tyler Biadasz, C Wisconsin
  6. Curtis Weaver, DE Boise State
  7. Troy Dye, LB Oregon
  8. Tyler Johnson, WR Minnesota
  9. Akeem Davis-Gaither, LB Appalachian State
  10. Jake Fromm, QB Georgia

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Interesting stat they just shared regards to the draft and rounds that make up a NFL roster...

1st Round: 14%
2nd Round: 21%
3rd Round Plus: 65%

Excited to see how we finish up...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, heading into the 4th round, here's my list highest scored remaining prospects:

1. Prince Tega Wanogho, T Auburn
  2. Jacob Eason, QB Washington
  3. Netane Muti, G Fresno State
  4. Bryce Hall, CB Virginia
  5. Tyler Biadasz, C Wisconsin
  6. Curtis Weaver, DE Boise State
  7. Troy Dye, LB Oregon
  8. Tyler Johnson, WR Minnesota
  9. Akeem Davis-Gaither, LB Appalachian State
  10. Jake Fromm, QB Georgia

I'd be happy if the Hawks drafted Weaver...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, SF is going to be tough this year... They're set up for a long run... Just traded for Trent Williams...

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, Trent Williams to SF

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be happy if the Hawks drafted Weaver...

I like a few of these players. Tyler Biadasz is a nice player IMO, but I don't see a spot for him now. Prince could develop into a nice RT, which is one of those positions that is wide open still. And, Weaver as well would be a nice add to our DE depth.