• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Russell Wilson files for Divorce

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've known a lot of high school sweethearts who have married and are extremely happy (though I did grow up in a very small town) including my parents, who just celebrated their 43rd anniversary. It really depends on who's involved, and less about when they met.

As for marying young, again I know a lot of people who've married young and have been just fine. Again, my family as an example.

Brother 1 - married at age 21, been married 18 years
Brother 2 - married at age 22, been married 16 years
Brother 3 - married at age 26, been married 14 years
Sister 1 - not married
Brother 4 - married at age 24, been married 11 years
Myself - married at age 23, been married 9 years
Sister 2 - married at age 20, been married 10 years
Brother 5 - married at age 23, been married 6 years.

All happily married execpt older sister who has major health issues and is "maried" to her work as a result. Again, it isn't so much the age, as the people involved.

I'm not suggesting every young marriage is doomed.

Statistically though, young marriages don't fare very well. That's average nationwide, it's obviously gonna vary quite a bit from place to place and from family to family.

Edit: Your family is obviously very good at it!:suds:

Wolvie

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I understand, this divorce has been a work in progress for a while. There were reports about it halfway through the season. There was a certain point last year where he stopped showing up to any events with his wife at all when they used to go to the children's hospital every week. Its sad but it happens.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Media invests too much time in peoples' personal life.

Does Russell Wilson still care and want to be a Hawk? Yes? Then I could care less.

It's one thing if someone is an accused murderer, it's another if they're having relationship problems. Who cares?

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's human nature for everyone to speculate and ask questions. I think it's fair for fans to lightly discuss the matter since it's a situation involving a player that quarterbacks our team and plus it's a slow off season anyways.

I'd only have a problem with speculation if it comes from the media trying to pester Russell about it.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I don't see it as news. Russell's personal life is his personal life, it is none of our business and I think it is absurd that the media is playing TMZ with this.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
If she starts dating Colin Kaepernick...

Greatest football rivalry ever. :hope:

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember commenting early in his first year that if he didn't spend some time at home, this was coming. I hope it does not cause depression/anxiety for either of them. Loneliness can be tough and you never know how it will affect people. Also, expectations of family, church, etc can bear down on someone. Speaking from experience here.

He is very motivated for his job, but as I said a couple years ago, balance, Danielson, balance.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This divorce is really making this board emotional. I just hope Russ spends his free time away from his wife watching even more film. I mean, we didn't exactly win every game last year. I flew up to Seattle for the Cards game last year and we lost. He has work to do and I think this is just acknowledging the fact that if he wants to be the greatest QB ever he had to give up the wife. Way to go Russ, the #12's appreciate the dedication.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, he's been such a boy scout to this point I find this news surprising. I mean, in the grand scheme of things divorces are pretty common, but Wilson always seems to have this perfect persona going it just caught me off guard.

Russell Wilson of Seattle Seahawks files for divorce from wife - ESPN

This shocked me as well… Coming right before his big pay day you wonder if that's the motivation… That would be a sad thing considering they've been together since high school I believe… Be careful Russ because there are some DAM HOT WOMEN that go after celebrities and there mentally deceptive evil creatures… Your wife has been there before you were famous bro…

Scorpion14

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet he cheated on her and there is a slim chance she cheated on him. With the media the way it is today I'm sure we will all find out

Itsmytime

I love Beer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 6.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well shit...divorce sucks. Sometimes I wish the media would just back off.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's really none of our business what happened, but given their public exposure around the region with both of them going to Children's so often and his down to Earth/family/religious belief system, it's certainly a bit of a shock.

Does it say that Russell is the one who filed for divorce or if it was mutual? I can't really imagine him wanting to do something like that unless it was absolutely necessary. He's obviously the kind of guy who will work through adversity so I wonder if she did something unexcusable to him.

All in all I don't care at all unless it affects his ability to perform as our QB and I don't think that's going to happen.

YourFriendGannon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was somwhat surprised to hear of Tim Duncan getting divorced last year. After that I don't think hearing of an athlete getting divorced will catch me by surprise me again.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If she starts dating Colin Kaepernick...

Greatest football rivalry ever. :hope:

She starts to date Kaep, demands to live in Miami and he signs a contract to play for Dolphins.
Greatest long distance rivalry born.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None of my business. If they're miserable together then it's for the best. Maybe she just didn't want to spend the next 10+ years being the first lady of the Seahawks.