• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Russell Wilson files for Divorce

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, hopefully he can focus on football now.

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Purely speculation on my part but I wonder if the problem was that he spent a lot of his "off time" looking at films, the extra drills after practice, and not much time at home? Then again, I think marriage for anyone under 30 years old is insane. I got married at 32, got all my dumb years behind me.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tech, i thought the same thing. Look at his off season he's been everywhere BUT home. ny doing all the late night shows. , hell he was at rangers spring training for a week. Then he was in LA holding offensive workouts.

high school sweethearts RARELY work out,,,,imho.

he's about to hit the lottery so better to give up half now....then in a year from now.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reports make it sound like Russell is the one who filed for the divorce. There's really only one thing I can think of that would cause Russell to do that, if that's the case. Just speculation on my part though.

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are a very different person now than you were in high school raise your hand!

Marrying the high school sweetheart never works. I have some friends who did that, they were inseparable since junior high then adulthood kicked in and KABOOM! Divorce time.

Hopefully the divorce is tidy and quick. If it's messy and public that could be a distraction.

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Purely speculation on my part but I wonder if the problem was that he spent a lot of his "off time" looking at films, the extra drills after practice, and not much time at home? Then again, I think marriage for anyone under 30 years old is insane. I got married at 32, got all my dumb years behind me.

Amen to that. Got with my woman at 30, married her at 35.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tech_God;4831463[B said:
]Purely speculation on my part but I wonder if the problem was that he spent a lot of his "off time" looking at films, the extra drills after practice, and not much time at home[/B]? Then again, I think marriage for anyone under 30 years old is insane. I got married at 32, got all my dumb years behind me.

I think your on to something there. I really don't see how that relationship could work with a guy who is so consumed with his career as RW is. Even regular folks like us experience problems caused by our careers.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been married to my highschool sweetheart for 6 years.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is a smart man get the divorce now before he signs a big contract. She will be getting half of almost nothing and he can keep the majority of the super deal coming his way in 2 years

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think your on to something there. I really don't see how that relationship could work with a guy who is so consumed with his career as RW is. Even regular folks like us experience problems caused by our careers.

Given how religious he is and that the reports are he is the one filing. I'd say his lack of time with her might have led to her looking elsewhere for attention. So yeah, it could be how devoted he is to football and how much time he wasn't spending with her, but she had to have done something for him to leave his vows.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Given how religious he is and that the reports are he is the one filing. I'd say his lack of time with her might have led to her looking elsewhere for attention. So yeah, it could be how devoted he is to football and how much time he wasn't spending with her, but she had to have done something for him to leave his vows.

Yeah.....that could be it and that whats happens when you don't give your wife the attention they need.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess that really goes to show everybody has their demons behind closed doors. i really thought he was the perfect situation with his spouse she was with him when he did those appearances at the seattle childrens hospital, i figured between him strong religious moral beliefs, his charm, and his good guy attitude everything was great....

I guess it goes to show that money and fame can complicate a marriage

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marrying the high school sweetheart never works. I have some friends who did that, they were inseparable since junior high then adulthood kicked in and KABOOM! Divorce time.

I've known a lot of high school sweethearts who have married and are extremely happy (though I did grow up in a very small town) including my parents, who just celebrated their 43rd anniversary. It really depends on who's involved, and less about when they met.

As for marying young, again I know a lot of people who've married young and have been just fine. Again, my family as an example.

Brother 1 - married at age 21, been married 18 years
Brother 2 - married at age 22, been married 16 years
Brother 3 - married at age 26, been married 14 years
Sister 1 - not married
Brother 4 - married at age 24, been married 11 years
Myself - married at age 23, been married 9 years
Sister 2 - married at age 20, been married 10 years
Brother 5 - married at age 23, been married 6 years.

All happily married execpt older sister who has major health issues and is "maried" to her work as a result. Again, it isn't so much the age, as the people involved.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Brother 1 - married at age 21, been married 18 years
Brother 2 - married at age 22, been married 16 years
Brother 3 - married at age 26, been married 14 years
Sister 1 - not married
Brother 4 - married at age 24, been married 11 years
Myself - married at age 23, been married 9 years
Sister 2 - married at age 20, been married 10 years
Brother 5 - married at age 23, been married 6 years.

Many props if you didn't have to call your siblings to research that post Rain Man. :)

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Many props if you didn't have to call your siblings to research that post Rain Man. :)

No need, I was at all of them ;), also I have a file that has everyone's information in it.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know that the reports say that Russell was the one who filed for the divorce, but I don't think it's fair to either party to speculate on the root cause or on whose fault it is. I also don't think it's fair to generalize all marriages that begin as high school sweetheart relationships.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
This is a personal situation and should be respected as such. Feel bad for them, divorce is an ugly thing. Never like hearing these kind of things.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well its good that russell asked for the divorce than good for the both of them and not russell cheating on her and have the media blow this up....

maybe he wanted to do the divorce now and not when he gets his 20mil a year contract so she wont take half of it lol

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know that the reports say that Russell was the one who filed for the divorce, but I don't think it's fair to either party to speculate on the root cause or on whose fault it is. I also don't think it's fair to generalize all marriages that begin as high school sweetheart relationships.

Situations like this breed speculation. As long as people aren't passing off their speculations as fact I'm OK with it. It might not be fair, but the world oftentimes isn't. That said I wish the best for both of them. This will be a story for a little bit, but will fade and be forgotten in a couple months.