• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Seattle Seahawks @ Green Bay Packers

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thing is they don't have any new building blocks on the team. yes they have Wagner, Lockett and Russell and i guess you can add Metcalf as he really showed up as a rookie. CC was a fumbling machine and i have fears about that hip injury. Thats not really a contact injury thats he over powered his own body type injury. Penny oof lets hope he isn't another often injured Prosise and i hear it could be middle to end of October for a full return. The Defense omg it was one of the worst against the rush ( 21st ), one of the worst against the pass ( 26th ) and one of the worst at sacking a QB ( 29th ) but don't let that 29th ranking fool you only 1 team had less than the Seahawks ( 3 tied ) oh lets not forget the piss poor Special teams when it comes to returns also. they ranked 24th in Punt return average and 29th in Kick return average. How this team even made it to 11-5 is a miracle! Lots of work to do. We all ready know the Kicking game was not so hot either.

Silver lining? They were 11-5 with all these issues, WOW think about that for a minute.

Keeping Diggs and Clowney will go a long way on expanding the building blocks. Add a couple of FAs plus the draft and those numbers can be improved. CC is a concern but they say he'll be ready so I'm fine with CC and Homer and hopefully Penny is back by November.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't worried about GBs D, wished they attacked it more cause that defense was way out of synch on the up tempo. I know there's risk, but with a banged up team they need to take the greater risk and keep GB on their heels.
GB's D was gassed. You could tell all Russell's scrambling and running was wearing them out. I think we take the lead if Turner doesn't drop that pass. I don't know if the D would have held up, but there was probably enough time for Russell to get it once more even if they didn't. The drop was killer.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GB's D was gassed. You could tell all Russell's scrambling and running was wearing them out. I think we take the lead if Turner doesn't drop that pass. I don't know if the D would have held up, but there was probably enough time for Russell to get it once more even if they didn't. The drop was killer.

I agree as well. The offense was and you're right if Turner catches that I also think we score. I do wish Pete went for it on 4th knowing our D hasn't been great all game and give Russ one more chance to convert that to keep the drive going.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree as well. The offense was and you're right if Turner catches that I also think we score. I do wish Pete went for it on 4th knowing our D hasn't been great all game and give Russ one more chance to convert that to keep the drive going.

Yea if the choice is between Russ on 4th and 11 or the defense stopping Aaron Rodgers then it isnt a debate in my mind. Its a shame

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was fine with punting there. If we were in plus territory then I think it's a different situation, but we had all 3 TOs and still plenty left on the clock. Also, our D had been doing well in the 2nd half -- GB only scored 1 time. You're going to have to rely on the D at some point anyway unless you can use all remaining time to take the lead -- tough to do with zero run game.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea if the choice is between Russ on 4th and 11 or the defense stopping Aaron Rodgers then it isnt a debate in my mind. Its a shame

I agree. I shit on Rodgers every chance I get but he's one of the best and with our D he did what I was nervous about when Seattle punted. Make the plays and run the clock out.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was fine with punting there. If we were in plus territory then I think it's a different situation, but we had all 3 TOs and still plenty left on the clock. Also, our D had been doing well in the 2nd half -- GB only scored 1 time. You're going to have to rely on the D at some point anyway unless you can use all remaining time to take the lead -- tough to do with zero run game.

The D did play well in the second half but it's the same D that gives us fans heart attacks. Plus the offense had been rolling so I thought chancing it even inside Packers territory. At worst maybe the shorter field could have helped the D and maybe stopped them into a FG attempt and get the ball back in RW's hands.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Putting 5'10 rookie corner on adams was the game breaker.