• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Russ signs 5 yr extension with OKC

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Warriors are still better but let's not pretend the Thunder aren't very much improved now. After the Ws the top teams in the West are the Rockets, Thunder, and Spurs in some order now.
I think the difference the Thunder now has a respectable team with some playoff expectations. I know Paul George is an expiring contract and Carmelo is an okay player, but not enough to make any team a contender. There is no possible way for the Thunder to challenge the Warriors - The would have to get a bench first

rightstuff

Trump convicted on Washing Money.LOL.
Hoopla Cash
$ 13.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a great time to be a Thunder fan.

I like Durant and Westbrook.
I was cheering on my couch when the Sonics Drafted Westbrook.
Then our lame Mayor, Nickles, sold out the city of Seattle.

Starbucks owner Schultz, deserves blame, but so do Seattle City Council and Mayor Nickles, ALL worthless spines.

Bennett and his scum group lied and cheated Seattle. AM (you know) killed himself over scandals.

I will NEVER support the Thunder and hope they FAIL at every attempt, because of Bennett and Aubrey.

Aubrey McClendon’s world darkened before his fatal crash

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the difference the Thunder now has a respectable team with some playoff expectations. I know Paul George is an expiring contract and Carmelo is an okay player, but not enough to make any team a contender. There is no possible way for the Thunder to challenge the Warriors - The would have to get a bench first

That is just it though.

They do have enough to be a contender. They just happen to be competing with IMO the greatest team ever assembled. The Warriors have raised the bar to nearly unreachable heights.

Much respect to OKC and Houston for thanking their shot though.

Reactions: LAD

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is just it though.

They do have enough to be a contender. They just happen to be competing with IMO the greatest team ever assembled. The Warriors have raised the bar to nearly unreachable heights.

Much respect to OKC and Houston for thanking their shot though.
Yeah, the Thunder as constructed might minimize the weak bench against the 2000 Lakers, but the next year in 2001, I don't think they could. They need a Robert Horry and Rick Fox

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I expected it would BKS. Presti getting Westbrook to sign changes everything.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know he is trolling KD. That was my point.

And I think it will have about as much impact as it did last year. That is none. KD might be fragile off the court, but he is a killer on it.

Unless of course its game 6 of the western conference finals versus the Warriors.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
George going to LA doesn't look like a slam dunk anymore lol

Nothing has changed re: PG.

Whether or not he re-signs with OKC or moves on to the Lakers was always going to be determined by how well and he and Westbrook mesh on the court. If they play well together and he feels there's a shot at a title...he stays in OKC. If not...he leaves. That hasn't changed.

All this does is take one item off of OKC's "to do list" next off-season and means that PG doesn't have to wait to see what Westbrook is going to do before making his decision.

Reactions: LAD

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing has changed re: PG.

Whether or not he re-signs with OKC or moves on to the Lakers was always going to be determined by how well and he and Westbrook mesh on the court. If they play well together and he feels there's a shot at a title...he stays in OKC. If not...he leaves. That hasn't changed.

All this does is take one item off of OKC's "to do list" next off-season and means that PG doesn't have to wait to see what Westbrook is going to do.

I hear you but certain Lakers fan (not you) made it seem like a slam dunk which I was never behind especially after he went to OKC. Depending on how they play together and if they make a deep playoffs run will likely be the reason he decides to stay or go. His mind IMO is not made up yet.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear you but certain Lakers fan (not you) made it seem like a slam dunk which I was never behind especially after he went to OKC. Depending on how they play together and if they make a deep playoffs run will likely be the reason he decides to stay or go. His mind IMO is not made up yet.

Yeah, definitely not made up yet. I think he's likely still leaning Lakers, but they haven't even played a pre-season game together yet. The better they play together, the less likely he comes to LA.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless of course its game 6 of the western conference finals versus the Warriors.

Well, it is a lot easier to get quality looks when the ball is moving. And a lot less likely he shoots poorly because his shots are higher percentage looks.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever keeps one motivated to win titles

Like joining a team that was already going to win the title? Doesn't change the fact that he's mentally weak and Westbrook is in his head.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Thunder might actually help the Warriors.

I still believe the Spurs are te biggest threat to GS, but I am not sure the Spurs can beat the Thunder. If the Spurs and Thunder wind up as 2-3 seeds and dodge the second round matchup with the Dubs, they could breeze through the West again. They won't go undefeated, but they may not actually be threatened either.

Thunder might take long enough to jell that they don't get the 2or 3 seed. GS might have to play OKC and SA to get out of the west.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thunder might take long enough to jell that they don't get the 2or 3 seed. GS might have to play OKC and SA to get out of the west.

That would be worst case for GS for sure.

Not that there will be an easy out in the second round of the West, but I imagine they would much prefer to see Houston or Minnesota than OKC or SA.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, definitely not made up yet. I think he's likely still leaning Lakers, but they haven't even played a pre-season game together yet. The better they play together, the less likely he comes to LA.

You both are correct.

I think the Thunder have done a tremendous job in swaying him, on paper.

Unless it is a total shit show in OKC, or they don't wanna max him, he will stay.

The ball is LITERALLY in Westbrook's hands. Share and have a contending Team or play hero ball and watch George flee like a roach when the light is turned on.

I really hope he's learned that lesson.

It all adds up to a message by the Thunder — we want to win, and we will take care of our players — that George has heard loud and clear before playing his first game in an Oklahoma City uniform. “We’ve been on an unbelievable start right now, and for him to be committed here, it says a lot,” he told the media on Saturday. “Not only in us pairing together, but just knowing what type of dude Russ is and his values and his beliefs and him being committed to this organization says a lot. And I’m one person that’s enjoying it here, so I think when (free agency) comes, the decision will be easier to make for myself.”

– via NBA.com

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You both are correct.

I think the Thunder have done a tremendous job in swaying him, on paper.

Unless it is a total shit show in OKC, or they don't wanna max him, he will stay.

The ball is LITERALLY in Westbrook's hands. Share and have a contending Team or play hero ball and watch George flee like a roach when the light is turned on.

I really hope he's learned that lesson.

It all adds up to a message by the Thunder — we want to win, and we will take care of our players — that George has heard loud and clear before playing his first game in an Oklahoma City uniform. “We’ve been on an unbelievable start right now, and for him to be committed here, it says a lot,” he told the media on Saturday. “Not only in us pairing together, but just knowing what type of dude Russ is and his values and his beliefs and him being committed to this organization says a lot. And I’m one person that’s enjoying it here, so I think when (free agency) comes, the decision will be easier to make for myself.”

– via NBA.com

Agree. It's definitely going to be interesting to see what happens is OKC and definitely up to Westbrook to make it work.

By doing what they've done, the way they've done it, OKC, as you stated, "literally put the ball in Westbrooks hands." PG knows Westbrook is staying for at least 5 more years, it's up to Westbrook to turn that into a positive that makes PG want to stay.

But the question will be...can he? He wasn't able to do it when he had arguably the 2nd best player in the world on his team. Maybe he's learned?

The media, of course, will overreact all season long. Every time they play well together, they'll have PG signing a 20 year deal and every time they struggle, they'll have PG wanting out yesterday. lol

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. It's definitely going to be interesting to see what happens is OKC and definitely up to Westbrook to make it work.

By doing what they've done, the way they've done it, OKC, as you stated, "literally put the ball in Westbrooks hands." PG knows Westbrook is staying for at least 5 more years, it's up to Westbrook to turn that into a positive that makes PG want to stay.

But the question will be...can he? He wasn't able to do it when he had arguably the 2nd best player in the world on his team. Maybe he's learned?

The media, of course, will overreact all season long. Every time they play well together, they'll have PG signing a 20 year deal and every time they struggle, they'll have PG wanting out yesterday. lol

Yeah, we are gonna have 82 games worth of he's leaving, no he's staying!

Until it's done, anything can happen.

What you think about Zo?

I have seen overreactions from both sides.

I'm not looking forward to the " He's a bust " garbage that some labeled Deangelo with prematurely.

Lonzo is not gonna put up big scoring numbers night in and out.

But, he can stuff the stat sheet in every category.