• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Russ signs 5 yr extension with OKC

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he is trolling the Warriors, it's KD. And to think that Westbrook and the Thunder aren't in his head would go against all he has shown us recently. Russ knew what he was doing, I'd bet on that.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he is trolling the Warriors, it's KD. And to think that Westbrook and the Thunder aren't in his head would go against all he has shown us recently. Russ knew what he was doing, I'd bet on that.

Westbrook is going to have to start paying rent on that giant space he's occupying in Durant's head.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to my OKC bretheren I say congrats. Presti fooled me and I thought he had lost the touch. I also am eating crow. Looks to me like OKC is well set for the next 4 to 5 years. I am fairly certain he will pay George what he wants too.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers fans knew that Westbrook was a free agent, but I haven't seen anyone with a high expectation of getting him.

Hell, I don't want him on the Lakers. He doesn't fit with what Luke wants to do on offense.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a Cavs. I would have been pissed if Melo ended up in Boston though. When D. Howard was on his way outta Houston I had a little concern he could have ended up in Celtics green. That would have made me puke.

I didn't think there was ever a chance. To play for the Celtics (traditionally at least) you can't be mentally weak like Dwight. The organization and fans won't stand for it.

Now excuse me while I go wash out my mouth with bleach to get rid of the little bit of throw up from complimenting the C's. lol

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is great for OKC. If PG has a good experience playing in OKC, it increases the chance that he will re-sign with them. Even if he doesn't, it increases the chances that they can land another top FA to replace him.

Seemed like he was destined to see how things played out and test the market. But he surprised pretty much everyone and chose to stay. Good move. It eliminates him from all of the "will he or won't he" talk that the media was going to be hammering on all season long.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't think there was ever a chance. To play for the Celtics (traditionally at least) you can't be mentally weak like Dwight. The organization and fans won't stand for it.

Now excuse me while I go wash out my mouth with bleach to get rid of the little bit of throw up from complimenting the C's. lol

I agree w/ what you said. The funny thing is I had to read your comment twice because you gave the Celtics a compliment. I know that had to make you feel odd.:heh:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree w/ what you said. The funny thing is I had to read your comment twice because you gave the Celtics a compliment. I know that had to make you feel odd.:heh:

It's like I don't even know who I am anymore. lol

All kidding aside, as much as I don't like the Celtics, I have tremendous respect for the organization and their history.

I can't wait until the Lakers and Celtics are relevant again and start putting all of these interlopers back in their place. :heh:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell, I don't want him on the Lakers. He doesn't fit with what Luke wants to do on offense.
That is exactly how I feel, but was not to sure if I was alone on that. I know I had not heard Lakers fans wanting him. Now on the possibility of a Lakers Fan wanting both Carmelo and Westbrook, my opinion is HE'LL NO

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's like I don't even know who I am anymore. lol

All kidding aside, as much as I don't like the Celtics, I have tremendous respect for the organization and their history.

I can't wait until the Lakers and Celtics are relevant again and start putting all of these interlopers back in their place. :heh:

I feel the same way about your Lakers. Sure I talk alotta shit about them although I always acknowledge how great of an organization they are. Dammit see what you did there? You complimented the Celtics & in return I complimented the Lakers. I'll be right back...I need a shot of good tequila now. What's nice is I'm not gonna be going anywhere today except across the street to my bro-n-laws. Good beverages, good food & good CFB = a great Saturday.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I know he is trolling KD. That was my point.

And I think it will have about as much impact as it did last year. That is none. KD might be fragile off the court, but he is a killer on it.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel the same way about your Lakers. Sure I talk alotta shit about them although I always acknowledge how great of an organization they are. Dammit see what you did there? You complimented the Celtics & in return I complimented the Lakers. I'll be right back...I need a shot of good tequila now. What's nice is I'm not gonna be going anywhere today except across the street to my bro-n-laws. Good beverages, good food & good CFB = a great Saturday.

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heavy money for a guy who couldn't even a ring with Harden and Durant.

I need to see rings and FMVPs before I offer that kind of money to a guy

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heavy money for a guy who couldn't even a ring with Harden and Durant.

I need to see rings and FMVPs before I offer that kind of money to a guy

But then when they do win rings, you still say they are overrated. Can't win in your eyes I guess.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know he is trolling KD. That was my point.

And I think it will have about as much impact as it did last year. That is none. KD might be fragile off the court, but he is a killer on it.

Right? Fans think these guys care about the same stuff we do. They don't. They aren't fans they are players. This is their job. They want to get paid and they want to win. KD is doing both. He's just fine.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But then when they do win rings, you still say they are overrated. Can't win in your eyes I guess.

large.595a49e5c89fb_DontFeedtheTrolls.gif.cb3d7ea7b471cf83997cccc0bd27c79a.gif

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not many elite players are.

Most on here agree there are currently 6 elite players. 4 of the 6 play teammate friendly basketball.

Curry, KD, Kawhi for sure. LeBron plays unselfishly even though the off the court stuff can Be a bit much for teammates.

In fact, I would go so far as to say that throughout history most elite players have been good team players. There was just a stretch where ball dominant scorers patterned after MJ became the big thing. I believe that trend has shifted.