• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rematch of 2010 WS, Rangers host Giants 7/31-8/2

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I anticipated a lot of glee over taking 2 of 3 from the giants. Instead, you guys are running Banister out of town.
Holding the coach accountable for shitty decisions should happen.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Granted, our BP wasn't well constructed from day one. But our starting rotation isn't getting enough innings to keep them off the hill either.

Gallardo was "supposed to be" our innings eater and he's avg 5.2 per outing. That's a minimum of 2 1/3 from our BP from the guy who was suppose to save them from themselves. 3 1/3 on some, if not most games.

Not a perfect marriage.

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holding the coach accountable for shitty decisions should happen.

I agree. "Bringing Scheppers in is a stupid move" - that statement, I get. "JD, own your fucking mistake, fire Banister and hire Bogar now!" - that one is a little more off the rails, in my opinion at least.

I mean, I was so pissed about Scheppers last night that I couldn't even stand to watch the game today. Yeah, it was a dumb move, it cost us a game and I hope it doesn't happen again. But there's a big picture here, and I expect that Banister will learn from his mistakes. He's in the captain's chair for the first time. I want to see if he adjusts. Wash was adamant that his way was his way and damned if he was going to change. Banister has shown a willingness to adapt.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. "Bringing Scheppers in is a stupid move" - that statement, I get. "JD, own your fucking mistake, fire Banister and hire Bogar now!" - that one is a little more off the rails, in my opinion at least.

I mean, I was so pissed about Scheppers last night that I couldn't even stand to watch the game today. Yeah, it was a dumb move, it cost us a game and I hope it doesn't happen again. But there's a big picture here, and I expect that Banister will learn from his mistakes. He's in the captain's chair for the first time. I want to see if he adjusts. Wash was adamant that his way was his way and damned if he was going to change. Banister has shown a willingness to adapt.

Hyperbole abounds after huge fuck ups.

Banny needs to get a whole lot better in a hurry to justify his sticking around.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jim Bowden ranked all the GM's and the moves made for the trade deadline. Here's JD's........

i
6. Texas Rangers
GM: Jon Daniels
Grade: A-

Analysis: Daniels did a phenomenal job in getting the Phillies to not only pay down Cole Hamels salary, but to also get them to take the inflated contract of oft-injured Matt Harrison. Daniels also was able to keep two of his best prospects in Joey Gallo and Nomar Mazara. Having control of Hamels for the next 3-4 years is what made this deal so good for the Rangers. When Yu Darvishcomes back from Tommy John surgery, having him and Hamels at the top of the rotation should make Rangers legitimate contenders again starting next year.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hyperbole abounds after huge fuck ups.

Banny needs to get a whole lot better in a hurry to justify his sticking around.
Because that was not even close to the first time that has happened and Scheppers has been involved in a few of them.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can anyone remember Wash doing something dumber that Banny did pulling Hamels?

Not just dumb. DUMBER!:wash:

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can anyone remember Wash doing something dumber that Banny did pulling Hamels?

Not just dumb. DUMBER!:wash:

Pulling Feliz after getting a two run lead in game 6. Leaving Chavez on the bench in favor of Cruz (who had an abdominal tear) for defensive purposes of game 6 with a two run lead. Playing Torrealba in game 3 at catcher and Napoli at first thereby weakening our defense at two positions. Starting Harrison over Holland in game 7.

And that's just in one series.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pulling Feliz after getting a two run lead in game 6. Leaving Chavez on the bench in favor of Cruz (who had an abdominal tear) for defensive purposes of game 6 with a two run lead. Playing Torrealba in game 3 at catcher and Napoli at first thereby weakening our defense at two positions. Starting Harrison over Holland in game 7.

I remember. That's not dumb. That is totally insane. Wash knew how to blow them.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the little I got to see, it looked like a great, loud crowd. Where were ya?

I'm NOT attempting to defend Schepper's or BaNister re: the 8th inning approach. But it should be noted, that SF got a bloop double which EA almost caught up with, and and a seeing-eye, soft liner to right which hurt too.

Someone mentioned last night how Schepper's wasn't getting the job done even at AAA before he was called up. This is true. But on the other hand, Freeman was pitching lights out in the minors, and how's that working out for him/us in Arlington?

Our BP just wasn't/isn't constructed very well, and it's going to haunt us all season.

Don. Pretty good seats for a change down low 7th row 3rd base side A Father's Day gift I had to bring glove for this one. A lot SF fans I had to keep on check (good natured fun) move to my normal bullpen spot come 9th inning for getaway. Keep hearing there are not much options so we are gonna need some others to come in and overachieve to keep us in the mix. Glad Perez did well gonna have to watch replay as missed due to family outing.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok here is what we have---a rotation that does not eat innings and close to the worst pen in the majors. I wanted Hamels in there and especially not Schepp in but regardless we do not have great options. Blame injuries, guys not stepping up and JD trying to find a pen on the cheap which he has done in the past successfully. Still did not like move, just wish we had options

Don't agree with Banny re pulling DDJR instead of Choo as late inning replacement but at least he does make better moves than no move Wash. Improvement here although more needed.

However, Banny is light years more flexible and smarter re lineup and batting order. He move Martin out, put Choo deep and same with Elvis although he is enjoying a new found renaissance since ASB. And by the way they leg kick stared then as well which was noted in previous threads before

Point. Maybe Banny is a work in progress and despite mistakes perhaps he will grow especially if he is willing to work with front office.

So despite knucklehead pull hair out coz throwaway games. My opinion is cut him some slack and see if he gets it. He gave Schepp every opportunity and was facing RHB but did not get it done. Now he is in AAA where I hope he figures it out. Mentioned this on radio show last night, he has not been the same since bar incident even taking into account him trying to be a SP

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There is something to be said that Banister is managing better than Wash in his first year than Wash was in his last one. Once JD builds us a better bullpen then those late inning pitching changes will look much better.

JD also needs to be blamed for making Scheppers this poor of a pitcher to begin with. He should have never tried to make a starter out of him. I don't think that was a wise thing to do with a pitcher who had a history of arm problems.

Banister definitely needs to improve, but he would have looked much better this year if we had a bullpen like we had in 2011. Wash looked bad even with that bullpen. Banister has also done some other things well and I don't just mean having the players "play hard" for him the way the media and Wash supporters used to love to mention about Wash. Give the man some time.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Very true. And MY hit cleanup that series as well.

I think Wash is the only manager we have had who forgot to warm up his closer and he actually did that on two different occasions in his last few years here.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is something to be said that Banister is managing better than Wash in his first year than Wash was in his last one. Once JD builds us a better bullpen then those late inning pitching changes will look much better.

JD also needs to be blamed for making Scheppers this poor of a pitcher to begin with. He should have never tried to make a starter out of him. I don't think that was a wise thing to do with a pitcher who had a history of arm problems.

Banister definitely needs to improve, but he would have looked much better this year if we had a bullpen like we had in 2011. Wash looked bad even with that bullpen. Banister has also done some other things well and I don't just mean having the players "play hard" for him the way the media and Wash supporters used to love to mention about Wash. Give the man some time.[/QUOTE

Schepp wanted to be a starter. JD did not ruin his arm. Please Stop giving Schepp a free pass. One other thing. I have not seen Schepp handle high pressure situation. He needs to learn this too

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very true. And MY hit cleanup that series as well.

I think Wash is the only manager we have had who forgot to warm up his closer and he actually did that on two different occasions in his last few years here.
He also like bunting with two strikes

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is great to see Perez getting back to form so quickly. I was optimistic about him doing so, but I never expected anything like today's game until several more weeks. If healthy I believe Perez has a chance to be our 2nd or 3rd best starter next year behind Yu and maybe Derek. He was on his way to doing that last year when he got hurt.