• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My Top 15 Most Intriguing OOC Games of 2018

theSabanator20

A mellow fellow
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
15. West Virginia @ NC State - The hype train for the Neer's will be full steam ahead when they head to Raleigh and take on the Wolfpack. Some are saying this could be West Virginia's year to make some noise in the national title conversation, while others suggest Dana Holgerson may be looking for a new job after this season if he doesn't manage at least 9 wins in a depleted Big 12. Well, this is the statement game for West Virginia. On the other side, NC State felt disappointed with last year's finish after a marvelous start to the 2017 season. Hopefully for the Wolfpack, they can start out with a big home win against a solid foe.

14. Mississippi State @ Kansas State - When the going gets tough, the tough get going. That's been Bill Snyder in a nutshell for the Wildcats. With his roster of JUCO heroes, he hopes to seal a home victory against Mississippi State's new head coach Joe Moorehead. Although these teams look a little bland at first glance, between Moorehead's experience at PSU with a diverse offensive attack and Snyder's run and gun physical style of runningback by committee, we might see the scoreboard explode in this one. A win for either side would likely guarantee a Top 25 ranking.

13. BYU @ Wisconsin - If there's anything we know for certain, this game will probably be over under 3 hours due to Jonathan Taylor and the Madison Men on the offensive line. BYU will be looking for a road win that is rare to come by as of late, and it will take everything they've got. Wisconsin has been seen in many preseason top 10s this summer, but don't expect the Cougars to back down easy. They've been the kings of close games in past years, and they are no stranger to playing big opponents as they are an Independent team. I can easily see an over/under of 30 for this game.

12. UCLA @ Oklahoma - Welcome back, Chip Kelly. Now that you're back into college football, we're gonna send you to Norman, Oklahoma. This will be a Playoff contention game for the winner, and a possible knock out for the loser. The odds are pretty even as Oklahoma and UCLA lost 1st Round NFL QBs, and many other key players on both sides of the ball. Lincoln Riley will be looking for another key OOC win to add to his resume after a Smackdown in Columbus last season. Can Chip bring UCLA back to its golden days? Or will Oklahoma round up the wagons and stroll through the Bruins?

11. Arizona @ Houston - Kevin Sumlin goes back home to where his biggest journey started in Houston. The Wildcats head coach has a knack for finding superb QB talent, but has seemed to rub them the wrong way as of late. Nearly all of his transfers have started or are starting t other schools right now. Even Brandon Dawkins has become a graduate transfer at Arizona. But the real story here is in Houston, where Ed Oliver and company will try and notch a win for the Cougars and get them a step closer to a Big 6 Bowl game. There was a time when Houston was in the running for the College Football Playoff under Tom Herman, but fell just short. Can they try and muster another amazing season with a win against a PAC12 opponent? Or will the Wildcats escape with a victory?

10. Florida Atlantic @ Oklahoma - If there was ever a time to be alive, it is now. To even CONSIDER that the Owls would have a sliver of hope against the Sooners would have been blasphemy 10 years ago. But now, under the one and only Lane Kiffin, it IS possible that this could be a really great game. Oklahoma lost a college football legend at QB and lost several key defenders. FAU returns most of its very potent offense from last season. I'm not saying FAU will upset Oklahoma. But I'm not saying they won't either. I guess we will find out.

9. Tennessee vs. West Virginia - There's nothing like a battle between mountain men. That's exactly what we're getting in this matchup. Jeremy Pruitt will have a chance to bring some much needed light to the Vols program, while Dana Holgerson will be looking to notch a solid win this season going forward in what could be his greatest season yet, or his last season in Morgantown. Look forward to some gritty exchanges, as these two schools recruit the same area and will be fighting for hometown recruits even harder in this battle.

8. Michigan State @ Arizona State - Mark Dantonio vs. Herm Edwards. Spartans vs. Devils. Sparty usually makes some big games during the season, and I believe this one will be among them. The Miracle of the Meadowlands is back on the sidelines in what will be his biggest game since. He gets the upper hand in Sun Devil stadium, but don't count out the QB-RB duo Brian Lewerke and LJ Scott who will be a force on the ground and in the air. A classic is brewing in Tempe.

7. Boise State @ Oklahoma State - I'm a man!!! I'm 50!!! Mike Gundy and his magic mullet are back in 2018 with a marquee matchup... the Boys in Blue are coming to Stillwater. Brian Harsin and the Broncos are no stranger to big games away from home; as a matter of fact, they are quite used to it. Last year, I'd have told you the Cowboys would run away with it. But after losing their QB and star WR James Washington, I'd say it's a tossup. The Smurfs return QB Brett Rypien and RB Alexander Mattison for what promises to be a season with a great chance of a Big 6 Bowl if they can pull out a W in Oklahoma.

6. Miami FL vs. LSU - Mark Richt took Miami to heights last season that they haven't reached since 2002. This game against the Bayou Bengals will tell the Hurricanes if they belong in the national title conversation again. Meanwhile, Ed Orgeron looks to get his biggest win of his career in this battle of coastal dominance. A lot of recruiting battles will be tested in this Sunday night primetime matchup. I'm sure the nation will be watching anxiously to see if Richt can win a big game against an SEC opponent, something he couldn't manage to do in his time at Georgia (at least when they needed it most).

5. USC @ Texas - I don't have to tell you why this matchup is intriguing. The rematch we've been waiting for has arrived, and it will be in the great state of Texas this time around. Both teams have QB bttles going into summer camp, so it's fair to say this will be an even matchup. Clay Helton has proved he can win the PAC12, but he needs to prove he can win the tough road games out of conference as well (i.e. 2018 Cotton Bowl). Tom Herman, on the other hand, needs to prove he is worth what Texas is paying him. A win against USC could go a long way for the Longhorns. And with a win here, USC could lose to Notre Dame and run the table and not be punished for a conference loss. This isn't the Rose Bowl, but it has those implications early in the season.

4. Clemson @ Texas A&M - Woah man this game is gonna be fun. Dabo Sweeney and Jimbo Fischer at it again, except in the heat of Texas. With a new fan base, new roster, and new recruiting base to anchor down, Jimbo is going to need the 12th Man to squeak this one out. Clemson is no stranger to big games, or winning them. You could argue that this is Texas A&M's biggest game since Alabama in 2012. And with the familiarity of Clemson on Jimbo's side, he can really attack Clemson now with a brand new slate. Clemson may be familiar with Jimbo, but not Texas A&M. While both of these teams have QB battles going on in the summer, either team has the talent to win. Clemson's D-line will be a hill to climb for Texas A&M, but if they can manage it, Jimbo will be on the Aggies' good side...for now.

3. Ohio State vs. TCU - Another epic battle set in the Wild West of Texas. Two Hall of Fame coaches who know how to win the big games. Two teams desperate for another chance at a Playoff appearance. TCU will have somewhat of a home field advantage, but the Buckeyes travel well. You can guarantee there will be fireworks on offense and defense in this heavyweight matchup of power vs. speed. I can see Patterson being hoarse and Meyer holding his chest at the end of regulation already.

2. Washington vs. Auburn - This game is the one I'm sure everyone will tune into at some point during the first Saturday of college football. Give me some disciplined and tough Chris Peterson coached HUskies football and some razzle-dazzle up-tempo Gus Malzahn coached Tigers for an evening kickoff, I'm already in my chair waiting. With all PAC12 RB Myles Gaskin dishing inside and out for yards and Heisman candidate QB Jarrett Stidham faking motions and throwing bombs over clueless safeties, this is bound to be an upper 30s scoring game. The defenses are pretty solid as well, but we'll see how they hold up after 4 quarters.

1. Michigan @ Notre Dame - FINALLY!!!! Our favorite early season rivalry has returned, and it will be in South Bend this season. The Wolverines and Fighting Irish are two of college football's most prestigious programs in history. With Jim Harbaugh on one sideline, and Brian Kelly on the other, you know there will be wrinkled khakis and blue faces. The intensity will be at an all-time high for the rivalry renewal, so it should get chippy early and often. I look forward to another classic finish for this installment. Oh yeah, I'm pretty sure the winner of this game will jump in the rankings and be on an inside track for the College Football Playoff.

That's my list guys, I hope you enjoyed it. I can't wait for the season to get here!!!

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oklahoma vs UCLA over by half time Ok gonna walk away and it wont be close

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well...these are your opinions so that's ok.

FAU-OU, I'm not to thrilled with. (For being intriguing) BUT, FAU
could give a good account of itself.

But I gotta tell ya. Western Illinois vs Illinois is going to be closer
than BYU-Wisconsin

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
auburn%20washington_1478179210205_12611789_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

CFA_Kickoff_Game.jpg

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well...these are your opinions so that's ok.

FAU-OU, I'm not to thrilled with. (For being intriguing) BUT, FAU
could give a good account of itself.

But I gotta tell ya. Western Illinois vs Illinois is going to be closer
than BYU-Wisconsin

He had the O/U at 30. Hell, the spread may be more than that

theSabanator20

A mellow fellow
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had the O/U at 30. Hell, the spread may be more than that
It's just my opinion. But all it takes is 3-4 stops against Wisconsin to hold them under 30. They have a slow paced offense. It's a great offense, but not an offense that tries to score every play.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your interests are certainly different than mine.

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just my opinion. But all it takes is 3-4 stops against Wisconsin to hold them under 30. They have a slow paced offense. It's a great offense, but not an offense that tries to score every play.

I know it's just your opinion. However, last at BYU the score was 40-6. It won't be closer at Madison.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it's just your opinion. However, last at BYU the score was 40-6. It won't be closer at Madison.

Could be. Last year’s team sucked a fat one. Nine losses on the season. Crazy for B Y Who.

theSabanator20

A mellow fellow
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just making an off-season thread. I know my opinions differ quite often from the majority of posters here. There were other games I had written down, like Penn State/Pitt , Mizzou/Purdue, Colorado/Nebraska. But I didn't want to make my post a typical TL;DR. More than anything, I'm just excited for the season to start.

P.S. I'm not sure anyone noticed I didn't include Alabama/Louisville. If Lamar Jackson was still there, then maybe this game would have had something to look forward to.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just making an off-season thread. I know my opinions differ quite often from the majority of posters here. There were other games I had written down, like Penn State/Pitt , Mizzou/Purdue, Colorado/Nebraska. But I didn't want to make my post a typical TL;DR. More than anything, I'm just excited for the season to start.

P.S. I'm not sure anyone noticed I didn't include Alabama/Louisville. If Lamar Jackson was still there, then maybe this game would have had something to look forward to.

Oh Louisville is going to get the shit kicked out of them. I’d have to double check but I believe the line is like -31 in Vegas right now. Ridiculous. It’s going to be a bloody blood bath.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I need to revisit some of these lines. Auburn/Washington is a pick I believe. I think Michigan/Notre Dame is pretty much too. OK State is like -4.5 at home against Boise if I’m not mistaken. Damn, this season is so close yet so far away.

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Oregon vs. San Jose State? This list is bullshit!

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I need to revisit some of these lines. Auburn/Washington is a pick I believe. I think Michigan/Notre Dame is pretty much too. OK State is like -4.5 at home against Boise if I’m not mistaken. Damn, this season is so close yet so far away.
Auburn -2.5 all day :nod:

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks legit :thumb:

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UCLA vs OU needs to be way higher. No matter how UCLA has finished the last few years, that's a pretty premier program facing off against OU.