• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My Top 15 Most Intriguing OOC Games of 2018

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UCLA vs OU needs to be way higher. No matter how UCLA has finished the last few years, that's a pretty premier program facing off against OU.
I wouldn't say that. I don't know when the last time UCLA was legitimately a "premier program". They've had a few decent seasons over the last 15 years or so, but they're not "premier" in the sense that this game needs to be "way higher". I'm much more interested in the 11 games ranked ahead of it, and I'm sure I'm not alone.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't say that. I don't know when the last time UCLA was legitimately a "premier program". They've had a few decent seasons over the last 15 years or so, but they're not "premier" in the sense that this game needs to be "way higher". I'm much more interested in the 11 games ranked ahead of it, and I'm sure I'm not alone.
Come on. Chip Kelly @UCLA vs. OU? That's a billion times more interesting than MSU vs. ASU or FAU vs. OU.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not understanding the FAU hype. I get that it’s kiffin, but it’s still FAU vs Oklahoma and while we lost probably the best qb in our school history, that team is loaded at every offensive position and the defense talent level should be improved as well. They may cover the spread but that one won’t even be close. Two touchdowns minimum.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on. Chip Kelly @UCLA vs. OU? That's a billion times more interesting than MSU vs. ASU or FAU vs. OU.
Eh. He's been out of coaching for a while, and I don't see them keeping it close at all. Honestly, any coach who thinks adding Wilton Speight to the roster can't be ready to face a team like Oklahoma yet.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not understanding the FAU hype. I get that it’s kiffin, but it’s still FAU vs Oklahoma and while we lost probably the best qb in our school history, that team is loaded at every offensive position and the defense talent level should be improved as well. They may cover the spread but that one won’t even be close. Two touchdowns minimum.
FAU is going to have a hype train coming into the season. That's all it is.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This would be my top 15:

I'll recuse from using any ND games because they probably would be included in my list 6 times with games against Michigan, Virginia Tech, USC, Stanford, FSU and Northwestern.

1. Auburn vs. Washington
2. Ohio State vs. TCU
3. Clemson at Texas A&M
4. Miami vs. LSU
5. Penn State at Pittsburgh
6. USC at Texas
7. UCLA at OU
8. Colorado at Nebraska
9. Michigan State at Arizona State
10. Boise State at Oklahoma State
11. Mississippi State at Kansas State
12. West Virginia at NC State
13. Miami at Toledo
14. Boston College at Purdue
15. Utah at Northern Illinois

Honorable Mentions:

Alabama vs. Louisville
Missouri at Purdue
South Carolina at Clemson
Florida at Florida State
Navy vs. Army

I really love the bottom of my list. Teams going outside their comfort zone and playing on the road in a different time zone, with most being projected favorites. Always a cause for concern, and more likely to lead to an upset.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This would be my top 15:

I'll recuse from using any ND games because they probably would be included in my list 6 times with games against Michigan, Virginia Tech, USC, Stanford, FSU and Northwestern.

1. Auburn vs. Washington
2. Ohio State vs. TCU
3. Clemson at Texas A&M
4. Miami vs. LSU
5. Penn State at Pittsburgh
6. USC at Texas
7. UCLA at OU
8. Colorado at Nebraska
9. Michigan State at Arizona State
10. Boise State at Oklahoma State
11. Mississippi State at Kansas State
12. West Virginia at NC State
13. Miami at Toledo
14. Boston College at Purdue
15. Utah at Northern Illinois

Honorable Mentions:

Alabama vs. Louisville
Missouri at Purdue
South Carolina at Clemson
Florida at Florida State
Navy vs. Army

I really love the bottom of my list. Teams going outside their comfort zone and playing on the road in a different time zone, with most being projected favorites. Always a cause for concern, and more likely to lead to an upset.
I actually think Colorado/Nebraska could be an interesting one to watch. It's a great throwback conference game, and it's good that Frost has that as a barometer for his team going into what could be a really interesting matchup the following week again Troy.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually think Colorado/Nebraska could be an interesting one to watch. It's a great throwback conference game, and it's good that Frost has that as a barometer for his team going into what could be a really interesting matchup the following week again Troy.

I almost put that at 6, but didn't because USC/Texas and UCLA/OU, has the potential to have national ramifications. Meaning a loss by USC/OU could take them out of any contention for the playoff. The Colorado/Nebraska game is probably higher up on my list than most because of the nostalgia factor. Those games on Black Friday in the late 90's/early 2000's were always great games. Plus it's good to see rivals play again.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I almost put that at 6, but didn't because USC/Texas and UCLA/OU, has the potential to have national ramifications. Meaning a loss by USC/OU could take them out of any contention for the playoff. The Colorado/Nebraska game is probably higher up on my list than most because of the nostalgia factor. Those games on Black Friday in the late 90's/early 2000's were always great games. Plus it's good to see rivals play again.
I don't see a way that UCLA beats OU, or even keeps it close, but that USC/UT game is going to be a really fun one IMO, maybe one of the top 3. Honestly, it should be more exciting than OSU/TCU, given the personnel losses for TCU.

I hope this is the new trend, re-establishing old conference games and such. It's going to create some really fun matchups. I can't wait til 2021 to see Nebraska at Oklahoma. By then, Frost should have the Huskers humming along so that could be a huge showdown, other than for the nostalgia.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see a way that UCLA beats OU, or even keeps it close, but that USC/UT game is going to be a really fun one IMO, maybe one of the top 3. Honestly, it should be more exciting than OSU/TCU, given the personnel losses for TCU.

I hope this is the new trend, re-establishing old conference games and such. It's going to create some really fun matchups. I can't wait til 2021 to see Nebraska at Oklahoma. By then, Frost should have the Huskers humming along so that could be a huge showdown, other than for the nostalgia.

I can see USC/UT being the better game, but I think OSU/TCU is the more important game. I think it's still going to be competitive, and I think OSU will be better than USC and TCU will be better than Texas, so because of the that I have it higher.

And I agree about your 2nd paragraph. Need to get these games back on the schedule.

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4. Clemson @ Texas A&M - Woah man this game is gonna be fun. Dabo Sweeney and Jimbo Fischer at it again, except in the heat of Texas. With a new fan base, new roster, and new recruiting base to anchor down, Jimbo is going to need the 12th Man to squeak this one out. Clemson is no stranger to big games, or winning them. You could argue that this is Texas A&M's biggest game since Alabama in 2012. And with the familiarity of Clemson on Jimbo's side, he can really attack Clemson now with a brand new slate. Clemson may be familiar with Jimbo, but not Texas A&M. While both of these teams have QB battles going on in the summer, either team has the talent to win. Clemson's D-line will be a hill to climb for Texas A&M, but if they can manage it, Jimbo will be on the Aggies' good side...for now.

Meh, I watched the A&M spring game and have serious doubts about A&M being even mediocre in the passing game. Unproven QBs and inexperienced WRs. A&M actually has a TE now and he looks to be the best pass catcher.

A&M might be able to keep it close for the 1st half but I hold out very little hope for an A&M win.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Colorado supposed to be any good this year? I thought they were going to be down. Only Oregon State and AZ State were picked below them in the PAC 12. Did I miss something?

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see USC/UT being the better game, but I think OSU/TCU is the more important game. I think it's still going to be competitive, and I think OSU will be better than USC and TCU will be better than Texas, so because of the that I have it higher.

And I agree about your 2nd paragraph. Need to get these games back on the schedule.
I'll be surprised if it is very competitive considering how much TCU lost. They areally aren't the type that can just "reload" per se. I've heard Patterson state clearly that he needs an experienced secondary for his defenses to be very good. I don't think they have that coming back.

Now if Ohio State throws in one of those early season clunkers, then yeah, TCU is good enough to take advantage of that. That's the only way TCU will be in the game IMO.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*EERS

Never, ever use “Neers”.
That is an uninformed ESPN desk jocky term that makes the user’s cred seem illegitimate.

Now, past that, good list imo.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*EERS

Never, ever use “Neers”.
That is an uninformed ESPN desk jocky term that makes the user’s cred seem illegitimate.

Now, past that, good list imo.
Classic Neers fan.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama doesn’t play Mercer this year? Can’t seem to find it on the list

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama doesn’t play Mercer this year? Can’t seem to find it on the list

I don't know, but Ohio St is only playing 5 teams that had a winning
record last year.

If y'all would have added Mercer to your schedule you would have had 6.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is one of a few years where I think Iowa vs Iowa State is an interesting OOC matchup. Iowa could be the underdogs in that matchup.