• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Texas Rangers want to lock up AL West, trying to sink the Mariners! 9/18-9/20

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People still believe Darvish is too mild mannered to be a dominate starter...People are mostly dumb Bennie...

If he's hurt and they don't know it, then someone should be held responsible. And if he's hurt and not telling anyone, then he truly is a clown...
Well, it isn't smart to be hurt and not tell anyone, but a lot of guys who have never been labeled as clowns have done so. I understand what you are saying though. It just isn't smart to be the macho guy and ignore injuries when it will only make things worse. That does seem to be the baseball mentality though.

That is what made Darvish look smart to me last year. He admitted he was hurt. That sure rubbed some fans and some media members the wrong way though.

Yes, as we learned on Seinfeld, people are the worst.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, it isn't smart to be hurt and not tell anyone, but a lot of guys who have never been labeled as clowns have done so. I understand what you are saying though. It just isn't smart to be the macho guy and ignore injuries when it will only make things worse. That does seem to be the baseball mentality though.

That is what made Darvish look smart to me last year. He admitted he was hurt. That sure rubbed some fans and some media members the wrong way though.

Yes, as we learned on Seinfeld, people are the worst.

Agree and is actually a mentality in sports in general. What some players and I am not talking about Holland in this case is that if a player is hurt but tries to keep it to himself then he could actually be hurting the rest of the team. The player who may take the place of the injured player is not going to be as good when compared in a healthy state but the replacement player may be better as a healthy player than that player who is trying to play hurt.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Dutch is hurt. He is just not found his groove yet. I have always thought at his best he was a top line 2 but please don't put him above Darvish. At least not now or in the past. We should have some pretty good pitching come next year. Hamels, Yu, Dutch, Perez, Colby or Cheech. Young pitching on the rise a couple years later too

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Astros up of the Halos. Likely only a game up after tonight. Reality is we need to win series. We can not count on any help. Houston series will be huge again. Looks like we face Sonny Gray again as well.

Another reality in my mind is we really need to get hot anyways going in as we will need to be playing our best to get past Jays. Price had a shutout going last I saw as well. KC is having a few issues but they will be tough too.

Bottom line is we need to overachieve to make some serious noise. Sliding in is not my favorite thing to do