• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rematch of 2010 WS, Rangers host Giants 7/31-8/2

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schleppers to the 15 day DL!!! Klein called back up

Why not Roman Mendez? He has better stuff. He was good for us last year when called upon.

Senator_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
But like I asked earlier, if the Rangers so fucked-up on a sure-fire-can't-miss mgr, why wasn't he hired somewhere else to do same?

I can't answer that but I'd like to know why in 2011 when the Pirates interviewed Banister to be their manager after being in their organization for over 2 decades, decided not to hire him and JD did.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where to start?

First, you/us/me have no idea of what BaNister & Maddux were looking at when it comes to Hamels. Did you stop to consider the following? (1) Hamels threw almost 130 pitches in his last outing, and he had to be under great stress in doing so. After all, it was a no-hitter, which was his only after a 10 year career. (2) It was his first outing with a new team, new league, and if that doesn't cause his heart to beat a little faster than his normal outing then the man isn't human. (3) He's not only pitching with a new team, new league, but in a new park and it's MUCH hotter than what he's ever experienced.

And this wasn't a championship game, for heaven's sake.

You were and are on record as to your thoughts on Bogar. You may have been/are 100% correct. But like I asked earlier, if the Rangers so fucked-up on a sure-fire-can't-miss mgr, why wasn't he hired somewhere else to do same?

But I guess since Mitch has finally shut you up about him, you've gotta take your aggressive venom out on someone.

You still haven't addressed my second point about bringing in Tolleson for the 4 out save. If you're gonna try to troll someone, at least be thorough.

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Choice was 1 for 5 last night, how is that breaking out of a slump.

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody buying that they put Sheppers on the DL because of a sore knee.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You still haven't addressed my second point about bringing in Tolleson for the 4 out save. If you're gonna try to troll someone, at least be thorough.

Troll? Troll? Look nit-shit, if I was going to troll someone I'd pick a more worthy target than you? Why on earth would ANYONE be so inclined, or to waste time to do such? Honestly.

Gosh, so sorry to not have covered every aspect of your supercilious, horseshit post. But for the sake of your simple-mindedness, I don't really know why he wouldn't bring in Tolleson for 4 outs; other than the fact, in the VAST majority of cases, a closer is brought in for the final 3, not 4.

How many times this season has Tolley been brought in for anything other than the final inning?

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't answer that but I'd like to know why in 2011 when the Pirates interviewed Banister to be their manager after being in their organization for over 2 decades, decided not to hire him and JD did.

Good question. Don't have any answer, much less a good one.

Guess though: The Pirates decided to do their due-diligence, sort-of like the Rangers, and got what they had hoped would be the best man, not necessarily the most obvious, nor the one which "from the outside looking in" made the most sense.

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hamels was on 6 days rest. Not 4, which is the norm for a SP. Not 5. But 6! Don't tell me that the "chaos" of joining a new team, or the "oppressive" heat (ever been to a summer day game in Philly?) made Banister pull him after 97 pitches. It was a dumb move by a manager that is proving to be just as stubborn and unintelligent as his predecessor when it comes to managing a bullpen.

I don't really blame Scheppers for stinking up the joint. He's done that for several weeks now. I blame Banister, and indirectly JD for hiring him. His in game situational management and bullpen management haven't been much better, if at all, than Ron Washington. He is not the guy to take this team back to being a playoff contender. I'm not saying Bogar would be doing a much better job. That is pure supposition. And clearly this team doesn't have the necessary talent to be a contender right now regardless of the manager. I'm just disappointed in Banister to this point because of his decision making. That is all.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hamels was on 6 days rest. Not 4, which is the norm for a SP. Not 5. But 6! Don't tell me that the "chaos" of joining a new team, or the "oppressive" heat (ever been to a summer day game in Philly?) made Banister pull him after 97 pitches. It was a dumb move by a manager that is proving to be just as stubborn and unintelligent as his predecessor when it comes to managing a bullpen.

I don't really blame Scheppers for stinking up the joint. He's done that for several weeks now. I blame Banister, and indirectly JD for hiring him. His in game situational management and bullpen management haven't been much better, if at all, than Ron Washington. He is not the guy to take this team back to being a playoff contender. I'm not saying Bogar would be doing a much better job. That is pure supposition. And clearly this team doesn't have the necessary talent to be a contender right now regardless of the manager. I'm just disappointed in Banister to this point because of his decision making. That is all.

I wasn't telling you anything, just giving some food-for-thought, that is all.

And, earlier this season, I had people big time pissed at me for suggesting Banister was slow on pulling the trigger (I thought he should have made a firm statement with Elvis and his lax attitude). So, I'm not a huge defender of Jeff.

But at the same time, Banister did bag Feliz, and move Tolleson to the closers role, and both of those were the right moves. I honestly don't know if he felt like Scheppers was one game away, one good outing, to get back on track to who he was awhile back. Years actually.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perez is mowing em down.

34 pitches through 4. That would be good against anyone, much less the Giants.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gimenez has overtaken Leo as the worse hitter on the team

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just looking at the box score, this team is fucking pathetic.