• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rematch of 2010 WS, Rangers host Giants 7/31-8/2

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scheppers is a human piece of shit. 5IP since the ASB and 8 ER and idk how many inherited runners have scored. Sick of this asshole...

And the manager that keeps pitching him.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the manager that keeps pitching him.

I understand they have no options, but Tanner wasn't getting it done at RR. Then again there isn't anyone there, that has proven they can get ML hitters out. Everyone they've called up stinks too. The bullpen is on Daniels, I think he didn't think they had a chance this year at .500, so he didn't fill out the bullpen with veteran arms. Bannister is to blame for not trying someone other than Tanner, after so many 8th inning meltdowns, so screw him.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what happens when the worst bullpen faces off against one of the best.

Well put......Many seem to want to dismiss the fact the Giants are very good against the very good, and we aren't even close to being adequate from a BP prospective.

I am not happy with Scheppers being called upon either. I'm just not sure we have any better bullets for the gun at the moment though. Especially now that we've sent Kela down for some R&R.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cant wait to hear Bannister's explanation on this one. Yeah right. Like that's gonna happen.

You've made yourself quite clear with a half dozen or more post on BaNister (one N). Give it a rest already.

I liked what Bogar accomplished as well as you did. But I'd also like ask if he was such a no-brainer, then why didn't someone else capitalize on our fuck up?

I'd also like to point out that BaNister was the one who bailed on Feliz and found us a terrific closer for his replacement.

Our BP is a mess, was from the start. This was not of his making either.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You've made yourself quite clear with a half dozen or more post on BaNister (one N). Give it a rest already.

I liked what Bogar accomplished as well as you did. But I'd also like ask if he was such a no-brainer, then why didn't someone else capitalize on our fuck up?

I'd also like to point out that BaNister was the one who bailed on Feliz and found us a terrific closer for his replacement.

Our BP is a mess, was from the start. This was not of his making either.
I am not cutting Banister any slack for the fact that he thinks that Scheppers is our 8th inning set up guy. He has a 5.54 ERA, has given up 34 hits in 35 innings and 21 walks on top of that. I feel about as comfortable about him coming into a game as I did with Kirkman. And you are right in that our options are limited. And that is on JD. But I heard a pitcher the other day talk about the difference between starting and relieving and he said as a starter you can have time to find your groove. But as a reliever either you have it or you don't when you come in. If Scheppers does not have it you have to stop the bleeding quick and try someone else. You can't just stand there in the dugout and watch what would have been a great evening just burnt to the ground.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we still have the worst bullpen in baseball. hopefully JD uses the off-season to dump some of these clowns and bring in some good relievers

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always find it humorous when sports announcers or writers or whoever say someone bust out of a slump because of something they did in 1 game. That is a short sample size to declare breaking out of a slump.

Headline -
Texas Rangers minor-league report: Michael Choice busts out of slump with walk-off homer for Round Rock

TRIPLE-A ROUND ROCK (60-46) defeated Memphis (St. Louis) 5-4 in 11 innings on a walk-off homer by RF Michael Choice. He has 10 homers. Choice was in a 6-for-37 slump before the homer.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always find it humorous when sports announcers or writers or whoever say someone bust out of a slump because of something they did in 1 game. That is a short sample size to declare breaking out of a slump.

That's ironic and humorous you had the exact same reaction I did while reading this, this morning.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and a real closer

Tolleson has pitched terrifically. Who would you replace him with?

If the rest of our pen was doing their job as well as Tolley is doing his, we'd be challenging for the division lead.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At game. They should have let Hamels finish out the inning. The no doubles defense really hurt us. Bringing in Schepp was just a gift to SF. He is not missing bats. Pen needs a shakeup

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At game. They should have let Hamels finish out the inning. The no doubles defense really hurt us. Bringing in Schepp was just a gift to SF. He is not missing bats. Pen needs a shakeup

In the little I got to see, it looked like a great, loud crowd. Where were ya?

I'm NOT attempting to defend Schepper's or BaNister re: the 8th inning approach. But it should be noted, that SF got a bloop double which EA almost caught up with, and and a seeing-eye, soft liner to right which hurt too.

Someone mentioned last night how Schepper's wasn't getting the job done even at AAA before he was called up. This is true. But on the other hand, Freeman was pitching lights out in the minors, and how's that working out for him/us in Arlington?

Our BP just wasn't/isn't constructed very well, and it's going to haunt us all season.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tolleson has pitched terrifically. Who would you replace him with?

If the rest of our pen was doing their job as well as Tolley is doing his, we'd be challenging for the division lead.
He has been our best man out of the BP right now.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still so aggravated about that shit last night, I dont think I wanna watch today.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy crap.... It almost seemed like Bannister wanted to lose that game on purpose. Their are 2 things that anyone with a brain would've considered: 1) leave Hamels in? He was under 100 pitches despite the game almost being in the 9th inning or 2) bring in Tolleson for the 4 out save. I don't know bannister, you're playing the world champs at home. The team struggles at home, didn't you think something bad was gonna happen when you brought in Scheppers? It's one thing to bring in schep, but it's a whole different thing to leave him in as long as he did

Total fuck-up by the banny rooster. I'm not sold on this guy, I still wanted the Rangers to hire Bogar, but JD had to go Ivy League on us and bring in some guy nobody thought we would hire so that he could look like the smartest guy in the room. Problem is that guy fucking sucks at managing the bullpen.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has been our best man out of the BP right now.

And it's not even close.

I can't throw a bunch of stats at ya at this moment, but I'm guessing his numbers stack up pretty good against most good/very good closers in either league.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy crap.... It almost seemed like Bannister wanted to lose that game on purpose. Their are 2 things that anyone with a brain would've considered: 1) leave Hamels in? He was under 100 pitches despite the game almost being in the 9th inning or 2) bring in Tolleson for the 4 out save. I don't know bannister, you're playing the world champs at home. The team struggles at home, didn't you think something bad was gonna happen when you brought in Scheppers? It's one thing to bring in schep, but it's a whole different thing to leave him in as long as he did

Total fuck-up by the banny rooster. I'm not sold on this guy, I still wanted the Rangers to hire Bogar, but JD had to go Ivy League on us and bring in some guy nobody thought we would hire so that he could look like the smartest guy in the room. Problem is that guy fucking sucks at managing the bullpen.

Where to start?

First, you/us/me have no idea of what BaNister & Maddux were looking at when it comes to Hamels. Did you stop to consider the following? (1) Hamels threw almost 130 pitches in his last outing, and he had to be under great stress in doing so. After all, it was a no-hitter, which was his only after a 10 year career. (2) It was his first outing with a new team, new league, and if that doesn't cause his heart to beat a little faster than his normal outing then the man isn't human. (3) He's not only pitching with a new team, new league, but in a new park and it's MUCH hotter than what he's ever experienced.

And this wasn't a championship game, for heaven's sake.

You were and are on record as to your thoughts on Bogar. You may have been/are 100% correct. But like I asked earlier, if the Rangers so fucked-up on a sure-fire-can't-miss mgr, why wasn't he hired somewhere else to do same?

But I guess since Mitch has finally shut you up about him, you've gotta take your aggressive venom out on someone.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After reading all the comments on last night's abortion, not much else to say. See ya 2:30