• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rematch of 2010 WS, Rangers host Giants 7/31-8/2

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Catching up here...

JD brought in a starter and 2 bullpen arms. Might've paid extra but teams knew our situation and it's the nature of the business. Sounds like Diekman did pretty good tonight (didn't get to watch).

Bumgarner is a known bitch about "getting shown up." Sounds like Beltre let him know that shit doesn't fly in Texas.

It looked like AB kept asking, "what's the problem?" And he wasn't backing up, nor anxious to leave the field either.

As far as the Telis move, I certainly don't get it. But obviously the FO/scouting system thought very little of him.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harold Reynolds said we kept Sardinas in the Hamels deal yesterday. :L
Plesac can crack me up but I am not sure how someone like Reynolds is even hired for anything related to baseball analysis or talk.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like they are going to do their best to keep him from pitching much this year and then have him come to ST stronger and ready to go. Or it least that seems to be the plan.
I really think he was a throw in and is about done. And in order for the Phillies to get Williams, Alfaro, Thompson and company they had to take him. If they are going for a youth movement why else would they take Harrison as part of the deal. It was if you want these top prospects you are also taking something else off of our hands.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Re relievers picked up. We need guys that throw the heat and strike guys out. They are controllable. Yes we do have a long term gap at catcher. Stopgaps in place. Hope we find someone for our future. Rangers making a run. Getting it done ugly at times

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Re Hamels trade. Tonight to give up so much. Alfaro still a project but with great topside. Nick and JT hD good shot at making impact. Types of guys who help you get to playoffs Hamels though is a guy that helps you over the top to win WS games. I can live with that. For now

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Re Hamels trade. Tonight to give up so much. Alfaro still a project but with great topside. Nick and JT hD good shot at making impact. Types of guys who help you get to playoffs Hamels though is a guy that helps you over the top to win WS games. I can live with that. For now
It will be awhile before we know what we gave up. We do know what we got in return for 3 or 4 years and that is something I can live with.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Angels SP C.J. Wilson to have surgery, may be out for year

548808.jpg

An orthopedic surgeon has concluded that arthritis is a bigger issue than elbow inflammation for shelved Angels starter C.J. Wilson.

The result is that Wilson has announced he is destined for surgery and could be out for the season, per the Orange County Register.

Wilson was placed on the disabled list Friday after a terrible performance Tuesday. If he is indeed done, he will finish the year 8-8 with a 3.89 ERA.

Tough for old Ceej, I don't like to see this type stuff even for a guy like him

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't take long for Mark Lowe to take a loss for the BJ's

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers acquire C Bobby Wilson

The Rangers have announced that they have acquired catcher Bobby Wilson on a waiver claim from Tampa Bay and placed veteran pitcher Ross Ohlendorf on waivers.

Wilson has just eight hits in 55 at-bats this season. Ohlendorf has pitched in eight games this season and compiled a 3.52 ERA.

Doesn't look like we should expect much offense from Bobby

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers acquire C Bobby Wilson

The Rangers have announced that they have acquired catcher Bobby Wilson on a waiver claim from Tampa Bay and placed veteran pitcher Ross Ohlendorf on waivers.

Wilson has just eight hits in 55 at-bats this season. Ohlendorf has pitched in eight games this season and compiled a 3.52 ERA.

Doesn't look like we should expect much offense from Bobby
What's going on with Chirinos? He didn't catch last night.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get the Wilson deal at all.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really think he was a throw in and is about done. And in order for the Phillies to get Williams, Alfaro, Thompson and company they had to take him. If they are going for a youth movement why else would they take Harrison as part of the deal. It was if you want these top prospects you are also taking something else off of our hands.
I think so as well, but I also think they hope he can return to form. They have nothing to lose by waiting to see if he can regain some strength the way Romeo mentioned the other day.

I do think we gave up a prime prospect just so we wouldn't have to pay Harrison. In other words one of those prospects was more or less sold for the price of the money that we owe Matt. The current budget is still such a big concern to this team that the front office was willing to sell a prospect.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think so as well, but I also think they hope he can return to form. They have nothing to lose by waiting to see if he can regain some strength the way Romeo mentioned the other day.

I do think we gave up a prime prospect just so we wouldn't have to pay Harrison. In other words one of those prospects was more or less sold for the price of the money that we owe Matt. The current budget is still such a big concern to this team that the front office was willing to sell a prospect.
I don't see Harry sticking around much longer before retiring.

EdtheRanger55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers option Kela, place Chirinos on DL
The Rangers optioned reliever Keone Kela to Double-A Frisco and placed catcher Robinson Chirinos on the 15-day disabled list with a strained left shoulder on Saturday.

The moves clear roster space for new acquisitions Cole Hamels and Sam Dyson. Bobby Wilson will start at catcher Saturday.