• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Redskins' Kirk Cousins: Still far apart on extension terms

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that offer was ever made I would hope KC would accept that and stay here. I just wanna know for certain in the end what was offered to him. So if he does go elsewhere we can know if it was the money, or us that was the problem in keeping him. Gonna be interesting.

Honestly, I wouldn't accept that contract if I was KC. I wouldn't accept less than 75 million guaranteed. I would know I can get 50 million on the market next season easily...add that to the 23 million he is making this season...75 million. He doesn't take a lot of hits, has a ton of weapons, and the cap will go up more.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the cheap in a LTD, I meant. BTW, they wont tag him again next year. How in sound mind can they. They will let him walk and then you can see a QB taken with a first round pick. ,,, and we start the ball rolling again.

"In a sound mind"? Hmm - I think that you answered your own question.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, he didnt see the DB, it happens. I know you are dead set on saying.. He isnt worth it. I get that. But seriously, every QB... even the elites have made the same mistake. Thats the ultimate power of hindsight.

If he gets a little more behind that ball and Garcon catches it... it becomes a great play that shows Kirks toughness and clutch ability. Because the DB made a solid play on it, Kirk becomes lesser in the eyes of the hindsight gods.

it was an easy int. the ball was late and over the middle. DRC was laughing.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough gke. OK Dean - forget about throwing out hyperbole like "he wants to be the highest paid NFL QB ever". Looking at the numbers above do you see these as about rt, too high or too low? Again - forget about the yearly amt & focus more on the guaranteed money.

that is a fair deal that gk proposed but I don't think KC will sign it.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it was an easy int. the ball was late and over the middle. DRC was laughing.

Again, I know you dont want to look at the WHY the play happened that way. And Granted if Kirk were standing in a clean pocket, and the ball were just short and late.. you would have a point. But being realistic, if Kirk were standing in a clean pocket, he would have had no reason to pull it down in the first place.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, I know you dont want to look at the WHY the play happened that way. And Granted if Kirk were standing in a clean pocket, and the ball were just short and late.. you would have a point. But being realistic, if Kirk were standing in a clean pocket, he would have had no reason to pull it down in the first place.

I know Moses did not hold up. But you are giving KC a pass on that play which is hilarious. Off balanced and force a throw over the middle in that situation. Unacceptable for his experience and the money he makes. Kc is responsible of the 2nd worst loss in Redskins history. The whole game he was off.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know Moses did not hold up. But you are giving KC a pass on that play which is hilarious. Off balanced and force a throw over the middle in that situation. Unacceptable for his experience and the money he makes. Kc is responsible of the 2nd worst loss in Redskins history. The whole game he was off.

How am I giving him a pass?? I have said numerous times that once he pulled it down, he probably should have just eaten the sack.

You on the other hand for the last three months have beaten the drum that Kirk and Kirk alone is the reason why we didnt make the playoffs. In particularly you have tried to make it as if he single handedly doomed us in the Giants game.

You want to talk about unacceptable for the money some one makes. I would say walking the DE right into the pocket, for the second highest paid RT in the league is unacceptable.

And your he was off the whole game is BS. He completed 62.9% of his passes, threw for 1 TD and 2 INTs.. not great... but he also took 4 sacks.. three of them coming from where I wonder??

BUt I agree with you, its a pass he should not have thrown, but then again he should not have been in that situation if some one else had done their job.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why shouldn't he make that pass, other than the result? In that situation, you have to gamble occasionally. If he saw DRC coming off his man, he wouldn't have made that pass. So you are saying he shouldn't make a pass to somebody he sees as open? What would have been nice...Moses not being a turn style.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why shouldn't he make that pass, other than the result? In that situation, you have to gamble occasionally. If he saw DRC coming off his man, he wouldn't have made that pass. So you are saying he shouldn't make a pass to somebody he sees as open? What would have been nice...Moses not being a turn style.

that is where you are wrong. Why are you gambling in that situation? You have plenty of time plus timeouts to set up a FG. Are you serious gk? Kc treated that play like a 4th down all or nothing play.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How am I giving him a pass?? I have said numerous times that once he pulled it down, he probably should have just eaten the sack.

You on the other hand for the last three months have beaten the drum that Kirk and Kirk alone is the reason why we didnt make the playoffs. In particularly you have tried to make it as if he single handedly doomed us in the Giants game.

You want to talk about unacceptable for the money some one makes. I would say walking the DE right into the pocket, for the second highest paid RT in the league is unacceptable.

And your he was off the whole game is BS. He completed 62.9% of his passes, threw for 1 TD and 2 INTs.. not great... but he also took 4 sacks.. three of them coming from where I wonder??

BUt I agree with you, its a pass he should not have thrown, but then again he should not have been in that situation if some one else had done their job.

oh cmon Kc was off the whole game.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that is where you are wrong. Why are you gambling in that situation? You have plenty of time plus timeouts to set up a FG. Are you serious gk? Kc treated that play like a 4th down all or nothing play.

So...a minute and twenty seconds is plenty of time? I would say time is a factor there. They would have one timeout left but it would have been 2nd and 14 from near the 50 with a struggling FG kicker.

Now answer this question...should KC throw the ball to people he sees as open?

Are you saying a QB should never throw the ball if it doesn't come out on time?

Are you saying a QB should never throw under pressure?

Oh...most QBs appear off when they are pressured all game...most of which came off of Moses.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So...a minute and twenty seconds is plenty of time? I would say time is a factor there. They would have one timeout left but it would have been 2nd and 14 from near the 50 with a struggling FG kicker.

Now answer this question...should KC throw the ball to people he sees as open?

Are you saying a QB should never throw the ball if it doesn't come out on time?

Are you saying a QB should never throw under pressure?

Oh...most QBs appear off when they are pressured all game...most of which came off of Moses.

Of course it was plenty of time. They were at midfield and needed a fg to tie. plus a to. lol. are you serious? Im saying you don't attempt to make that throw in that situation. Too many bad things can happen. You just take the sack b/c you had to's. Its situational football. KC did the same thing in the first Giants game at the end of the half.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if their goal is to get Cousins "on the cheap" then they are doing this in an idiotic fashion. If they don't agree to a LTD by July they will have already given him almost $45M w/ no guarantees beyond this season. If they apply the tag again next season that figure will be between $75-80M w/ no guarantees beyond 2018. How in the world can that be considered "on the cheap". Pretty stupid on their part unless they resolve this over the next few months.
That's not stupid, that would be completely idiotic. And Bruce Allen would be the laughing stock of the league. That is why there will be no tag applied next year. Allen knows this. Plus, based on Cousins agent, if they do again apply the tag in 2018, estimated around $30M, that becomes the baseline for any future negotiations. That is what he has said the last 2 tags so you better assume it will happen again. No, this will be his last tag. if we can't get him signed this year to a long term deal, he becomes a FA next year. Bank on it.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teddy Bridgewater

What exactly has he done with the Vikings to really impress anyone? Granted he was better than Cousins was in his first few years, but Cousins was pretty bad during that time. There is no guarantee that Bridgewater will progress at the same rate. I really saw nothing that impressive about him on the field & his stats are hardly impressive. He appears to have primarily benefitted by having AP and the Vikings defense do well in 2015. When AP was out in 2014 & the D wasn't as good the team was terrible & he was just average.

I really don't view this guy as that good of a QB - we will see.

Honestly he was more held back by that offense than anything. Norv insisted on pounding the ball and play action vertical passing that isn't TBs strengths. But he's a perfectly capable QB. I think he's another case of if he were in DC we'd love him.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Show me the opportunity. He had an open Garcon he was about to hit when he had to reload because of pressure. Where could he have thrown it to avoid the sack and the grounding penalty?

Does it really matter? I think he could've thrown it away but he could've at least taken the sack. The one thing I KNOW he shouldn't have done is thrown that ball where he did.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QBs generally shouldnt have to worry about a DE being shoved in thier face when they are stepping up into the pocket to throw the ball. I have agreed that he should not have tried to get that ball out after he pulled it down. But reality is, had he completed that pass, every one calls it a gutsy play. Because it got picked off, it was a dumb mistake.

Either way, had others done their job, we arent in that situation and Garcon probably has a walk off TD. Or at worst, we are in position to kick the field goal.

That's just bad analysis if it works though. That throw was dumb wether it worked or not. The result shouldn't change that.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys this isn't that complicated. Kirk and moses both sucked that game. They both effed up that play. It doesn't mean we should get rid of either of them.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's just bad analysis if it works though. That throw was dumb wether it worked or not. The result shouldn't change that.

Oh I agree. He never should have thrown the ball once he pulled it down. From that point, I admit.. bonehead move on the part of Kirk.

But I think I have explained pretty accurately on just HOW the QB was helped into the position to make such a mistake. I have also stated, if Kirk had simply thrown a stupid pick from a clean pocket because he was staring his WR down... then that play is all on him. But Kirk had a major assist on that play blowing up. Now as a somewhat solid politician, Kirk never once pointed fingers at the rest of the team, the entire season and in that loss in particular. He said what you want to hear from your QB.... I need to do better in those situations. Refreshing change from what we heard around here after a loss at times.

Ruzious

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Show me the opportunity. He had an open Garcon he was about to hit when he had to reload because of pressure. Where could he have thrown it to avoid the sack and the grounding penalty?
How bout instead of throwing to the wrong f'n team, he f'n throw the gdf'n ball anywhere else. That's my LAST comment on the subject.