• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Redskins' Kirk Cousins: Still far apart on extension terms

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I was KC I would tell the Skins the deal that I want. If they said no then I would say I will play in the tag this year. End of story. I wouldn't just let them hang and not get back to them

First of all you already admitted that you don't know what is taking place behind closed doors so how do you know that Cousins' agent has not already told the Redskins his clients position or at least hinted at it? You make it sound like he or his agent met w/ the Redskins, heard their offer & then basically walked off & never talked to them again. It doesn't work like that & again you are injecting your imaginary drama into the situation.

Also - are you familiar with the concept of negotiation? There is a lot of back and forth & quite often it takes a lot of time. You also might be just about the only Redskins fan who apparently feels sorry for Dan Snyder and Bruce Allen. You must really dislike athletes & their ability to make large amounts of money.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Franchise QB's should know the situation.

QBs generally shouldnt have to worry about a DE being shoved in thier face when they are stepping up into the pocket to throw the ball. I have agreed that he should not have tried to get that ball out after he pulled it down. But reality is, had he completed that pass, every one calls it a gutsy play. Because it got picked off, it was a dumb mistake.

Either way, had others done their job, we arent in that situation and Garcon probably has a walk off TD. Or at worst, we are in position to kick the field goal.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First of all you already admitted that you don't know what is taking place behind closed doors so how do you know that Cousins' agent has not already told the Redskins his clients position or at least hinted at it? You make it sound like he or his agent met w/ the Redskins, heard their offer & then basically walked off & never talked to them again. It doesn't work like that & again you are injecting your imaginary drama into the situation.

Also - are you familiar with the concept of negotiation? There is a lot of back and forth & quite often it takes a lot of time. You also might be just about the only Redskins fan who apparently feels sorry for Dan Snyder and Bruce Allen. You must really dislike athletes & their ability to make large amounts of money.

Again, Grudens radio interview says that. He said the ball is in KC's court. So how do you determine that as KC gave us his offer?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QBs generally shouldnt have to worry about a DE being shoved in thier face when they are stepping up into the pocket to throw the ball. I have agreed that he should not have tried to get that ball out after he pulled it down. But reality is, had he completed that pass, every one calls it a gutsy play. Because it got picked off, it was a dumb mistake.

Either way, had others done their job, we arent in that situation and Garcon probably has a walk off TD. Or at worst, we are in position to kick the field goal.

He should of knows since he had to pump fake that he would have been late on the throw for a possible pick. You take the sack b/c you have a timeout left. He should know by now that you DO NOT FORCE throws in that SITUATION of the game.

Even Gruden said that he has to recognize coverages better. Do you think Rodgers, Brady, and Brees head coaches are saying that about their qb's? You can pump up KC all you want. He laid a huge egg in the month of Dec. Im ok with the wait and see approach.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, Grudens radio interview says that. He said the ball is in KC's court. So how do you determine that as KC gave us his offer?
How do you determine it wasn't? His agent very early on said that if they placed the tag on him, that they would gladly sign it and that number becomes the baseline for negotiations. That is pretty clear what their ballpark is. Right in line with the Luck deal that is now 2 years old. SO the FO comes to the table with something not only short of their stated expectations (which is OK), but woefully short of anyone's expectations of what KC can get on the open market. So they insulted him. Why would he counter such a lowball offer when he has already stated what his expectations are?

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He should of knows since he had to pump fake that he would have been late on the throw for a possible pick. You take the sack b/c you have a timeout left. He should know by now that you DO NOT FORCE throws in that SITUATION of the game.

Even Gruden said that he has to recognize coverages better. Do you think Rodgers, Brady, and Brees head coaches are saying that about their qb's? You can pump up KC all you want. He laid a huge egg in the month of Dec. Im ok with the wait and see approach.
First, KC is not Rogers, Brady or Brees. They are HOF caliber QBs. Second, there were plenty of instances in their younger days (and even last year) where all three of those guys have thrown a bad ball into coverage they didn't recognize. But they were given the latitude to learn and grow from it. Apparently you would rather just ditch him for a bad game and take chances with an unknown rookie who I will bet a large sum with you will do the exact same thing multiple times in their early careers.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We had a timeout he should of taken the sack.

I said maybe he should have taken the sack. Others keep saying he should throw it away...he couldn't. Moses allowed his man into the pocket.

After the distraction, he thought the throw was still there. We had 1 minute and 23 seconds left and needed about 20 yards. He chose to take the xhance there. Had Moses done his job, that split second choice would not have been needed. Wasn't Moses getting beat the whole game?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Actually he didnt pump fake. He had to pull it down because the DE was driven directly in front of him. Now I agree he shouldnt have tried to throw it after he had to pull it down. But the reality is, he should not have had to pull it down in the first place. He was stepping into his throw ( which probably would have been on time and on target). Even when he did reload, the ball was headed on target, the DB just stepped in front of it because...

Stick with me here..

It was no longer on time because he had to pull it down in the first place.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are making 23 million dollars this year, why would you accept less next year?

So a 20 million offer is very insulting. As an adult, do you respond to insults?

The Redski s have already shown they think you are worth 23 million per year. That bexomes the baseline. If the Skins want to sign him, then offer at least 23 million/year and 50 million guaranteed. Each year the Skins wait, the richer KC becomes, and the more expensive he becomes to the Skins.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually he didnt pump fake. He had to pull it down because the DE was driven directly in front of him. Now I agree he shouldnt have tried to throw it after he had to pull it down. But the reality is, he should not have had to pull it down in the first place. He was stepping into his throw ( which probably would have been on time and on target). Even when he did reload, the ball was headed on target, the DB just stepped in front of it because...

Stick with me here..

It was no longer on time because he had to pull it down in the first place.

Fine but why would you throw late and off balance over the middle? In the biggest drive of your life. Rookie Qb's do that not smart ones who know the game situation. Just rewatch the game his decision making was off all game.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you determine it wasn't? His agent very early on said that if they placed the tag on him, that they would gladly sign it and that number becomes the baseline for negotiations. That is pretty clear what their ballpark is. Right in line with the Luck deal that is now 2 years old. SO the FO comes to the table with something not only short of their stated expectations (which is OK), but woefully short of anyone's expectations of what KC can get on the open market. So they insulted him. Why would he counter such a lowball offer when he has already stated what his expectations are?

I would let the skins know where I am at with my offer. So the skins could accept it or just play on the tag. If we are going back to rumors it was reported that he wanted more than Luck.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are making 23 million dollars this year, why would you accept less next year?

So a 20 million offer is very insulting. As an adult, do you respond to insults?

The Redski s have already shown they think you are worth 23 million per year. That bexomes the baseline. If the Skins want to sign him, then offer at least 23 million/year and 50 million guaranteed. Each year the Skins wait, the richer KC becomes, and the more expensive he becomes to the Skins.

I didn't think they used the franchise tag as a baseline for a long term deal. Long term deal gives you more security so that is why I thought it would of been less. Yes its more money on the tag but there is way more risk such as getting hurt or poor play.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fine but why would you throw late and off balance over the middle? In the biggest drive of your life. Rookie Qb's do that not smart ones who know the game situation. Just rewatch the game his decision making was off all game.

Again, he didnt see the DB, it happens. I know you are dead set on saying.. He isnt worth it. I get that. But seriously, every QB... even the elites have made the same mistake. Thats the ultimate power of hindsight.

If he gets a little more behind that ball and Garcon catches it... it becomes a great play that shows Kirks toughness and clutch ability. Because the DB made a solid play on it, Kirk becomes lesser in the eyes of the hindsight gods.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would let the skins know where I am at with my offer. So the skins could accept it or just play on the tag. If we are going back to rumors it was reported that he wanted more than Luck.
I'm not talking rumors. I only comment on what his agent said.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't think they used the franchise tag as a baseline for a long term deal. Long term deal gives you more security so that is why I thought it would of been less. Yes its more money on the tag but there is way more risk such as getting hurt or poor play.

The tag guarantees him 23 million this season. So any contract that protects KC has to be in the 50 mil guaranteed range because even if he plays poorly, he will get at least 20 mil guaranteed on a contract next season, and no QB worth having would expect to play poorly. That shows you the very bottom of the guaranteed money. Realistically, if he is smart, he is asking for 75 million in guarantees because he figures he can get at least 50 mil guaranteed next season.

Now on an annual salary basis, 23 million per season is a bottom because he is making that this season. The Skins have already told him he is worth at least that to them. With an ever increasing cap, an ever increasing QB salary, why would he accept less than that?

The Skins should offer him the following contract as a start...6 years, 130 million dollar, 60 million guaranteed.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough gke. OK Dean - forget about throwing out hyperbole like "he wants to be the highest paid NFL QB ever". Looking at the numbers above do you see these as about rt, too high or too low? Again - forget about the yearly amt & focus more on the guaranteed money.

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the bottom line here is that KC doesn't want it to happen. Plus if the organization really wanted him out of here why wasn't a QB selected in the draft?
They didn't take a QB in this draft because they needed to beef up the defense with their first few picks. We saw last year that it doesn't matter who is under center when your defense blows. Last few rounds im sure nobody appealed to em... so why waste a pick. Plus who really knows much about Suds. Perhaps they like him.

Not certain the org wants him gone.. they just want him on the cheap and they aint getting him on the cheap... not anymore anyway. They had him at hello and punted the opportunity away.

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Skins should offer him the following contract as a start...6 years, 130 million dollar, 60 million guaranteed.
If that offer was ever made I would hope KC would accept that and stay here. I just wanna know for certain in the end what was offered to him. So if he does go elsewhere we can know if it was the money, or us that was the problem in keeping him. Gonna be interesting.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They didn't take a QB in this draft because they needed to beef up the defense with their first few picks. We saw last year that it doesn't matter who is under center when your defense blows. Last few rounds im sure nobody appealed to em... so why waste a pick. Plus who really knows much about Suds. Perhaps they like him.

Not certain the org wants him gone.. they just want him on the cheap and they aint getting him on the cheap... not anymore anyway. They had him at hello and punted the opportunity away.

Well if their goal is to get Cousins "on the cheap" then they are doing this in an idiotic fashion. If they don't agree to a LTD by July they will have already given him almost $45M w/ no guarantees beyond this season. If they apply the tag again next season that figure will be between $75-80M w/ no guarantees beyond 2018. How in the world can that be considered "on the cheap". Pretty stupid on their part unless they resolve this over the next few months.

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the cheap in a LTD, I meant. BTW, they wont tag him again next year. How in sound mind can they. They will let him walk and then you can see a QB taken with a first round pick. ,,, and we start the ball rolling again.