• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ranking all 32 QBs for 2019.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That and the # of healthy Watkins games (I get a lot of shit on here for that take but :noidea:) they get should be highly fungible. Hard to put an O/U on it as of today.

Not expecting anything crazy out of Hardman to throw a glitch into this.
Wouldn't shock me to see Hardman outperform Watkins. I still can't understand what they were thinking when they signed him.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mayfield has started more games than Jimmy G and has better numbers, and have you have him rated behind him, so I'm not sure where the consistency is there. Having Mayfield at 19 is just silly. Mahome proved enough in his first year starting that he's obviously very good, if not elite, so I still think 8th is far too low.

Mayfield has been on the league ONE year. He still has a lot to prove. And I have Mahommes as a top 10 QB. He's behind guys that have proven to consistently be great QBs. If he can prove consistency, he'll be #1, for a looonnnggg time, of that I have no doubt. However proof of consistency is required. Not gonna put him above guys that have proved consistently good. Not yet.

Ryan simply isn't Stafford in really any way. He's more accurate, he makes better decisions, and he comes through in big games. Stafford is the king of garbage time and has never led Detroit to anything, and he's been there a decade now.

Neither Ryan nor Stafford has proved they can win important games. They can have their pretty little stats. I'll take winners.

Jimmy G has durability issues despite no wear or tear, and even when he's been healthy, he's just been decent. You have him ahead of too many guys that have proven more.

Yes. That's why I put him right in the middle. When he's healthy, he's shown he can win, despite a sub-standard roster around him. If he can stay healthy, we'll see if he can continue to win. Winning is the name of the game.

And Cousins is a .500 QB. He's never been able to beat good teams. Doesn't matter what you put around him. Guy is mediocre, no matter the stats he puts up. Winning is the name of the game, and Kirk has proved himself incapable of winning when it matters.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't shock me to see Hardman outperform Watkins. I still can't understand what they were thinking when they signed him.
I think they knew more about that relationship between Hill and Espinal than they are letting on- just a guess. Has a really good EPA/Target and I dont think they get off the mat against the Pats in the 2nd half without him (and he did damage against the Colts as well) so it’s a mixed bag, as usual, with Watkins.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That and the # of healthy Watkins games (I get a lot of shit on here for that take but :noidea:) they get should be highly fungible. Hard to put an O/U on it as of today.

Not expecting anything crazy out of Hardman to throw a glitch into this.
remember when watkins was THE guy at clemson, and some dude named hopkins was just a #2 there?

seems like forever ago.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mayfield has been on the league ONE year. He still has a lot to prove. And I have Mahommes as a top 10 QB. He's behind guys that have proven to consistently be great QBs. If he can prove consistency, he'll be #1, for a looonnnggg time, of that I have no doubt. However proof of consistency is required. Not gonna put him above guys that have proved consistently good. Not yet.

Neither Ryan nor Stafford has proved they can win important games. They can have their pretty little stats. I'll take winners.

Yes. That's why I put him right in the middle. When he's healthy, he's shown he can win, despite a sub-standard roster around him. If he can stay healthy, we'll see if he can continue to win. Winning is the name of the game.

And Cousins is a .500 QB. He's never been able to beat good teams. Doesn't matter what you put around him. Guy is mediocre, no matter the stats he puts up. Winning is the name of the game, and Kirk has proved himself incapable of winning when it matters.
But why is Jimmy G rated higher when he has fewer starts and worse stats than Mayfield? That's what doesn't make sense. It's not only Mayfield who should be rated higher. Jimmy G has talent, but the only thing he's proven is he can't hold up to being a full-time starter yet. Also, you keep calling him a winner, but his stats with SF have definitely not been great, so it's not like they won simply because of him. It's a team sport.

Which leads me into the part about Ryan. That guy has simply been better than Stafford across the board, in every way. He deserved to win the SB a few years ago. He absolutely smoked the NE defense, but his own defense let him down. You say Ryan can't win important games? In just the 2016 postseason alone, his numbers against NE, Seattle, and GB were: 1014 yards, 71% completion, 9 TD, and 0 INT. That's in 3 games. What else could you want from the guy??

How can you say "no matter what you put around him" about Cousins? He was working with below average talent in Washington for 3 years, not to mention a team that refused to show him support, and in his one season in Minnesota, he dealt with a bottom 3 offensive line that had him running for his life, and he still put up top-10 stats. The guy can't play running back and offensive line on top of playing QB.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But why is Jimmy G rated higher when he has fewer starts and worse stats than Mayfield? That's what doesn't make sense. It's not only Mayfield who should be rated higher. Jimmy G has talent, but the only thing he's proven is he can't hold up to being a full-time starter yet. Also, you keep calling him a winner, but his stats with SF have definitely not been great, so it's not like they won simply because of him. It's a team sport.

Which leads me into the part about Ryan. That guy has simply been better than Stafford across the board, in every way. He deserved to win the SB a few years ago. He absolutely smoked the NE defense, but his own defense let him down. You say Ryan can't win important games? In just the 2016 postseason alone, his numbers against NE, Seattle, and GB were: 1014 yards, 71% completion, 9 TD, and 0 INT. That's in 3 games. What else could you want from the guy??

How can you say "no matter what you put around him" about Cousins? He was working with below average talent in Washington for 3 years, not to mention a team that refused to show him support, and in his one season in Minnesota, he dealt with a bottom 3 offensive line that had him running for his life, and he still put up top-10 stats. The guy can't play running back and offensive line on top of playing QB.
Ryan is the top ranked active postseason QB by QB rating and he's 3rd all time . Blaming him for Atlanta's postseason losses is a cop out lazy answer .

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ryan is the top ranked active postseason QB by QB rating and he's 3rd all time . Blaming him for Atlanta's postseason losses is a cop out lazy answer .
I didn't know it was that good, but I thought his postseason personal numbers were pretty damn good. Anyone who says he doesn't play well in the important games simply doesn't know what they're talking about. He's the antithesis of Matthew Stafford.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One man's opinion. Not sure why some get so hyped up over it. His opinion holds no more weight than most on here. Nothing on there that is totally ridiculous. It's not like last year's stats will repeat this year.

note: I do love that he put Foles right above Wentz. It's meaningless, but I did giggle a little at that one...

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
: I do love that he put Foles right above Wentz. It's meaningless, but I did giggle a little at that one...
You probably smiled when you noticed Dak at 12 and Wentz at 15 also. It's like someone from SportsHoopla did that list.:dhd:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You probably smiled when you noticed Dak at 12 and Wentz at 15 also. It's like someone from SportsHoopla did that list.:dhd:

LOL...it seems like a plant. Did anyone actually click through all 32 to see if that was the real order?
I'm not a big list guy

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL...it seems like a plant. Did anyone actually click through all 32 to see if that was the real order?
I'm not a big list guy
To expand on that thought. I'm not really a big believer in the opinions of any writers on anything. I always crack up when people post an opinion article from some random writer or ex-player as proof they are right in some random SportsHoopla argument. I mean literally every opinion by an ex-player or writer is counteracted by the exact opposite opinion from some other ex-player or different writer. But, on here it's Howie is a great cap guy or Aaron Rodgers doesn't suck c0ck just because some writer said it...