• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

End of 22-23 Season QB Rankings

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not taking anything away from Purdy's epic run - but I think it's fair to point out 2 things, IMO:

There is little tape out on him yet - it'll be interesting to see how much of this is sustainable once defenses do have a chance to get more film on him.

3 of the last 4 teams faced, the defense ranked 25, 26, and 31st in PPG - with WAS being the only top ranked defense faced (and credit to him for playing well enough in that game 13-18 is really solid, but only 166 yards, and a lot of stalled drives. Arguably best play in that game was the 71 yard TD run, but I digress).

If we are going to place him top 10 on 4 games, then he's certainly deserving - if you wanted to keep him a bit lower because, well, it's only bee 4 games of which 3 have been against some pretty not great defenses...also understandable.

But, his 4+ game stretch has been...well....remarkable, to say the least.
That's fair.

Overall, I think most people underrate Purdy (system, team around him, no film), but in a "season QB rankings", I think his 6 games this season just isn't enough to rank him so high. If I were ranking the QBs, I might require a QB to have 8-10 starts just to qualify.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's fair.

Overall, I think most people underrate Purdy (system, team around him, no film), but in a "season QB rankings", I think his 6 games this season just isn't enough to rank him so high. If I were ranking the QBs, I might require a QB to have 8-10 starts just to qualify.
Considering a lot of other factors - I think he was undervalued for what he did in College as well, so I think he has a chance to be pretty good.

This good? Consistently? That remains to be seen, but I think he could be a solid starter going forward - especially with that run game and defense.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just know.
Purdy is about to Tom Brady Some bitches!!!
He dont care about no stinkin' rankings.
He just cares about helping his team get the Double U!
A selfless QB is a Dangerous QB!

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I may have underrated Purdy…
Image result for nod head yes gif

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was he really even top 10 if we just went off of production on a per snap basis?
Its tough to separate Herbert from the injuries on that team but Herbert certainly screwed up some games this year on his own.

The problem with doing a list like this is in this 2nd tier. Herbert has value. Lamar Jackson has value. Deshaun Watson unfortunately has value. Kyler Murray has value. Tua has value. Tom Brady has value. Aaron Rodgers has value.

But...can you count on these guys?

Even Dak is kinda hard to rank. Tons of Ints but bad Int luck. Was able to move on from Amari Cooper no problem. Seems less of a running threat than normal but given the shape of the Cowboys that works out.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Put him on any other team and he wouldn't do shit
I dont see proof of that.
Yes having a defense like that at your back, may keep him level headed instead of thinking he has to try to hard, but he is averaging almost 35 pts a game & moving that offense. he isnt really bus driving the offense like Jimmy G did. I think he is the best Qb on the Niners roster honestly.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont see proof of that.
Yes having a defense like that at your back, may keep him level headed instead of thinking he has to try to hard, but he is averaging almost 35 pts a game & moving that offense. he isnt really bus driving the offense like Jimmy G did. I think he is the best Qb on the Niners roster honestly.
We'll see as the playoffs move forward. If he is the real deal then they are gonna win it all because the offense and defense around him are that good. I hope he comes up short. Best chance we have

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll see as the playoffs move forward. If he is the real deal then they are gonna win it all because the offense and defense around him are that good. I hope he comes up short. Best chance we have
Well I think we all hope he comes up short.

elguapo

I cannot think of anything clever to put here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,056.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Mahomes - KC
2. Allen - BUF
3. Burrow - CIN
4. Herbert - LAC
5. Hurts - PHI
6. Rodgers - GB
7. Prescott - DAL
8. Brady - TB
9. Purdy - SF
10. Jackson - BAL
11. Tua - MIA
12. Cousins - MIN
13. Jones - NYG
14. Goff - DET
15. Lawrence - JAX
16. Carr - LV
17. Smith - SEA
18. Tannehill- TEN
19. Pickett - PIT
20. Heinicke - WAS
21. Jones - NE
22. Stafford - LAR
23. Watson - CLE
24. Fields - CHI
25. Wilson - DEN
26. Dalton - NO
27. Murray - AZ
28. Mariota - ATL
29. Mills - HOU
30. Darnold - CAR
31. Multiple - IND
32. Multiple - NYJ
1674097550536.png
I was not a Goff until maybe midway thru the 8 of 10 run. But damn he getting zero love. He had some great numbers and playing good defenses to get there is another feather in his cap. QBR, rating, td-int ratio better than half the guys above him. Not had a turnover in 8 weeks, come on man, He played his ass off.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 319313
I was not a Goff until maybe midway thru the 8 of 10 run. But damn he getting zero love. He had some great numbers and playing good defenses to get there is another feather in his cap. QBR, rating, td-int ratio better than half the guys above him. Not had a turnover in 8 weeks, come on man, He played his ass off.
Goff really did show me a lot this year and deserves some credit. I still don't think he will ever be one of those elite guys at the top but he has really come out of his shell under Campbell and that offense has been dynamic. If I'm starting a team from scratch right now though, it would have to begin with Mahomes and Burrow and then a sizeable drop to the next tier of Allen, Lawrence, Hurts, Herbert (jury still out on Herbert too), then it's 15-20 guys that are okay and given the same set of circumstances likely perform about the same.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
S tier:
Mahomes, Allen, Burrow

A+ tier:
Hurts

A- tier:
Goff, Herbert, Dak, Geno, Lawrence

Maybe? tier:
Tua, Murray, Lamar, Brady, Rodgers, Stafford

Bridge tier:
Cousins, Tannehill, Carr, D Jones, Brissett, Wilson, Jimmy G, Dalton

Developmental tier:
Fields, Purdy, Mac Jones, Pickett, Zappe, Howell, Love, Lance, Ridder, Corral

I think Lawrence is still arguably in the developmental tier, too, but I think he is moving up

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
S tier:
Mahomes, Allen, Burrow

A+ tier:
Hurts

A- tier:
Goff, Herbert, Dak, Geno, Lawrence

Maybe? tier:
Tua, Murray, Lamar, Brady, Rodgers, Stafford

Bridge tier:
Cousins, Tannehill, Carr, D Jones, Brissett, Wilson, Jimmy G, Dalton

Developmental tier:
Fields, Purdy, Mac Jones, Pickett, Zappe, Howell, Love, Lance, Ridder, Corral
and now we've come full circle.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and now we've come full circle.
I have to say Im not sure I understand the reference.

I do think you're seeing some 'middle of the pack' guys who have been written off and seem to be doing better with experience, better coaching, etc.